Thread: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: RS Predictions **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by BritLit;3345621;
    Live or taped, he breaks up with on camera and she gets humiliated in front of a dozen million people. HE DID. Break up with her in front of a national TV audience.
    Amen, and no amount of semantic dancing on the head of a pin changes that one basic and defining fact.

Reality TV doesn't exist theRealist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by simplechef;3345570;
    My goodness I am sick of this comment (you are one of about 30 that have said it)... He did NOT break up with her on national TV.. he broke up with her ALMOST 6 weeks ago on a closed set. Yes, it was going to be televised, but EVERY OTHER GIRL Jason didn't choose gets broken up with on TV, too... It's not in front of a national audience. Melissa will have had over 6 weeks to get over this "ambush" by the time it airs.. and has OBVIOUSLY moved on, since there is now speculation she's with her ex again. He didnt' break up with her in front of a national TV audience... He DIDN'T.
    I don't think it's an accurate assessment to compare Jason breaking up with the other girls on the show to blindsiding a breakup with the woman he was ENGAGED to. Even though Melissa has had time to "recover" from the time the show was taped to the time the viewing audience was shown the tape, that is irrelevant. We are told that she had no idea about what was going to happen. Just because time has lapsed does not take away the fact of how she must of felt and probably responded to how she felt during the closed set.

Quote Originally Posted by weary;3345615;
    I watched the WTA late, and it confirms my suspicions that Reality Steve is full of it, or has been fed a load of something. Jason has no poker face, and can't act, and I believe him when he said he tried to treat the girls fairly. The girls, once the drama queens were gone, were exceptionally friendly and respectful with one another. This all points away from a scene of scripted evil deception and manipulation on Jason's part.

It's much more likely that he says he's too serious about engagement to choose at the point of the FRC and needs more time past the show, then on the first After the Rose show he finally chooses. Conspiracy theorists also believe that Obama was born in Kenya. They just enjoy being wacky.

During the WTA when they played the improv GH scene, Jason was a clueless wreck! He clearly showed during that crazy scene that he has no acting chops and I don't believe he could pull off a manipulative scenerio like the one that has been spoiled.

Quote Originally Posted by amy4bama;3341484;
    What RS proposes happens is shocking but there are a gazillion possibilities of what the shocking thing could be. I still say we won't know until the day it happens.
    I wish we could take a step back and list the scenarios for Jason/Melissa being together which might be considered freakish/shocking. I know more people then not believe Jason/Molly are together now and I accept that. I'm more open to everything as I don't want to be shocked by anything, LOL. I would just be curious what people would find freakish/shocking come the AFRC1&2? Any takers?

Quote Originally Posted by kultainen;3345624;
    Amen, and no amount of semantic dancing on the head of a pin changes that one basic and defining fact.
    But IS it a fact? We don't know for sure that it is, it is only what RS believes he knows. It won't be fact until we see the show.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by xseannax;3344401;
    Just got through reading RS's blog and I thought he addressed that. Essentially the show IS NOT scripted. They DO NOT write out lines for everyone to follow. That being said, they do predetermine things which shape the story (such as what order the roses get called out in). They poke, prod, and instigate to get what they want for the camera. Then they edit, slice, and dice what was said to fit their final picture of the season. Just because there is no script to follow doesn't mean that a major plot twist (pick F1 and propose, dump F1 on camera, hook up with F2) couldn't be predecided at some point and set into motion. For me the jury is still out on Jason involvement. I think TPTB are so devious that they would and could manipulate him and play him like a puppet to get him to want one girl, pick the other one, and then whisper in his ear "hey if you are doubting yourself here is Molly's email."
    I agree with how you view the scripting. I have mentioned scripting often but was never clear on my definition, I used the term loosely. And I also think they set the single dad/sleepless theme in motion before De's season even ended. The fact that they had single moms this time only proves that they pick and choose their candidates/contestants, so it's not a stretch to consider that they also chose them based on a certain look/ethnicity/Jason preference/whatever and then strongly encourage making connections. Wonder if we'll ever get enough back story to at least partially figure out how this all went down. I feel badly for all 3 of these people. Even if they were totally aware of the possible pitfalls of doing this show, I don't think any of them could have imagined this gawd-awful mess.

Quote Originally Posted by BritLit;3345621;
    Live or taped, he breaks up with her on camera and she gets humiliated in front of a dozen million people. HE DID. Break up with her in front of a national TV audience.
    You see no difference between taped footage being rebroadcast and a live show with an audience?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by justsaying;3345643;
    You see no difference between taped footage being rebroadcast and a live show with an audience?
    I think the point is that during all of the RCs, the women go in knowing that they can be let go. They are as prepared as they can be under the circumstances. Mel went to the ATFR believing that she and Jason were a couple.....that even though Molly might be there, she was only there as F2 and not as a rival. So she was blindsided. They did it to capture her shock and her raw emotions. She was not able to prepare for rejection because that has never been done on an ATFR show and she had absolutely no reason to expect it.

Quote Originally Posted by justsaying;3345643;
    It is going to be shown in front of over 12 MILLION people. Who cares if there was an audience or not! Millions of people are going to see it across the country. I would like to keep the hope that maybe this is all a rumor, BUT if it turns out to be factual, I will not excuse any of this behavior.:nono

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Love Kaysar;3344425;
    I think where RS went wrong is he throws too much of his opinion and what he thinks happened in with the only 3 facts he knows and people run with every word he says as fact. It would've taken 3 sentences and a 1 minute video (no video necessary but I digress) for him to say the things he knows for a fact: 1. Jason picked Mel in NZ. 2. The ATFR was filmed Jan 18th and Mel and Jason broke up. 3. Jason and Molly are now dating. People need to remember that's all really knows and the rest are no better than the speculation and comments by people on his site and all the others. Honestly he doesn't seem that smart to me (KMoon/Rebecca/Bird Flower anyone?) so I don't think much of what he "thinks" or "guesses" to be true, especially since I think Megan is the one who fed him this info and she is friends with Mel so she's getting her slant of the story...
    Your 3 RS facts are why I posted earlier this a.m. that I kinda thought it may have happened this way. Makes the most sense to me but, hey, we'll all know the basics next week. Very interesting. Meanwhile ABC will get their ratings, RS will have a larger following, and everyone will get on with their lives. Oh, and we've all learned a lesson (or two), right?