Thread: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

Re: RS Predictions **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Ryvetted;3344909;
    If everyone decided to show up for a live taping with no edits? Oh man, how I would love to see THAT!
    Even Chris said last night, they have no control over human nature!!
    ABC could use the 20 minute delay which Hugh Jackman said they had at the ready should Mickey Rourke win the oscar.

Quote Originally Posted by ZulaMay;3344937;
    I'm not sure of anything! I am just inclined to believe RS at this point. And I will certainly not believe the story TPTB tells me. When it's all over next week, I will be trying to find out exactly what happened. Everyone has different ethics when it comes to love; but under my own code, Molly will not get cut much slack. We'll have to wait and see what comes out after the Final Finale.
    I am inclined to believe RS's basic facts and not his opinion (although he has not implicated Molly). There is always more than one side to a story, and even after this, there will be more leaks of what supposedly went down.

Quote Originally Posted by sunchaserr;3344928;
    or maybe sine RS went ahead and broke the story he beat this other "leaker" to the punch. he got it out there first so there was no way anyone else could get the credit for it.
    I just don't buy this, personally. A national tabloid would easily take center stage over a reality tv show blogger. Again, a VERY VERY small percentage of the people who watch this show read the boards. The majority of the Bachelor-watchin' world would be likely to see it first on the cover of a tabloid at a magazine. It would have been a big story, worth posting it even if a blogger had made statements first.

If it were true.

Quote Originally Posted by sunchaserr;3344939;
    who said it was a publication of any kind that was going to come out with the story for their readers. i thought all RS said was that someone else was going to break the story and that's why he wanted to go ahead and get it out there?.. that meant to me that RS heard someone else was going to tell the story or "break the exclusive" to the mainstream media and he just wanted to beat them to it.
    He said in his blog today that there will be stories and interviews with him in this week's Star and US Weekly.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by sunchaserr;3344928;
    or maybe sine RS went ahead and broke the story he beat this other "leaker" to the punch. he got it out there first so there was no way anyone else could get the credit for it.
    Didn't he tell us a day earlier that he was going to spill the beans. Even give us the time he was going to talk. That was plenty of time for the tabloid to beat him to the punch.

Quote Originally Posted by lakerat;3344947;
    Didn't he tell us a day earlier that he was going to spill the beans. Even give us the time he was going to talk. That was plenty of time for the tabloid to beat him to the punch.
    IMO, given the way tabloids run, if there was even a HINT of truth to the story somewhere that could be absolutely confirmed, they would have run with it. Quickly. Even if it had been Christmas.

Hating finales since 2006 finalefan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FairyTaleLove;3344945;
    It would have been a big story, worth posting it even if a blogger had made statements first.

If it were true.
    You mean if it was confirmed? Perhaps major publications just haven't been able to confirm anything. Doesn't mean it's not true. Doesn't mean it is, either.
    Don't bore us, get to the chorus. - M. Campbell

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by lakerat;3344947;
    who said a tabloid was the other person that had this information? it may've very well been some person like RS. i think RS was saying he heard someone was going to take this news to the mainstream media(tabloids,etc)before him. he didn't want that to happen so he went ahead and released the news before he wanted to.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by finalefan;3344960;
    You mean if it was confirmed? Perhaps major publications just haven't been able to confirm anything. Doesn't mean it's not true. Doesn't mean it is, either.
    Since when do major publications confirm anything?

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3344817;
    I've outlined the terms and the law pertaining to them above, but just to be clear - I can understand why lay people reading this contract might say "it's in there - in plain English" or whatever.
    But I've read the deal over and over, and talked to 4 or 5 other lawyers on this board, and it's crystal clear to us that this contract does not, can not, require Melissa or anyone else to show up at a second ATFR. She may withdraw at ANY time. The penalty is forfeiture of the tiny fee paid to participants, or the unearned portion thereof.
    It's pretty standard stuff.

I posted several days ago they cannot force specific performance of appearances as it would be tantamount to involuntary servitude. Having said that, if the contract has the appearances spelled out to include a second AFTR, and she doesn't appear for a second AFTR, they could file a complaint for breach of contract.

Problem is, they will have to show damages ... which will be hard to do since the ratings this season are up millions.

I doubt, however, there is a specific clause for a second AFTR. As you indicated, the participants are free to leave, free not to accept the rose ... how could they possibly argue that she was free to say no at the F3, but required to be at the AFTR.