Thread: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

Re: RS Predictions **Spoilers**

Ok, so here's my thing about this supposedly "jaw-dropping" finale and all that:

EVERY single episode of TB/Ette, they ALWAYS dub it *booming announcing voice* The Most Dramatic Rose Ceremony EVER ........is it really though??

This could be a giant lead-up to something ho-hum, instead of earth shattering.

??

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing;3342751;
    Chris Harrison also hosts a program on HGTV, called Designers Challenge, and has for many years. There's even a bio of him (quite brief) on the show's site. My understanding his that he's just a paid employee for TB, but I could be all wet.

I also wonder if he is more connected than just host. I don't recall if it was in his blog or an interview, but in reference to disgruntled bach/bachettes at WTA or ATFR he said it was his show, he is going to get the last word. That sticks in my mind. His show? As the interviewer he may consider it his show, but I thought that was odd.

Quote Originally Posted by nonobadfish;3342721;
    Luvvy, as you know I'm one of the people who believes RS because when I apply my logic to it, it make sense to me for a number of reasons that I have previously listed.

BUT my wonderful logic also says that there is NO WAY that 25 women would sign up for a show in which they have no control over how they are portrayed and edited just so they could meet a man. I would say, logically, who needs 15 minutes of fame if said fame might cause people to forever view you as a stalker, a lush, a looney-tunes, a b***h, etc. I would swear, logically, that if anyone tried to air such a show that it would never get past the first episode.

So much for my logic, huh? I freely admit that I am often wrong, even when my logic assures me I am right!
    Last year I went to a casting call for The Biggest Loser and before I got to see any casting people I had to fill out a short application with basic information. At the bottom of that form there was a statement that said that NBC had the right to portray me in any way that would (sorry I don't remember the exact wording!) tell the story they wanted to tell. So yes, the women are well aware unless they're stupid enough not to read a contract they're signing or don't know how to read.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Quote Originally Posted by ecbyeh;3342815;
    Here is the theory I have come up with after reading RS's site and everyone's comments over the past week or so. Please keep in mind that it is only a theory!

At the beginning of each season, TPTB pick out an F1 or F2 that they try to steer the Bachelor towards in order to create a happy ending for the audience. However, TPTB have bought into their own publicity about being "reality TV," so they want to give the Bachelor some latitude to truly fall in love, but it never works out that way - to which we can all attest!

TPTB try to choose the woman that they think the audience will like best and relate to the most. The Bachelors are all grateful for the opportunity to be on the show, so they all agree to consider the woman chosen by TPTB. Brad Womak went down that path, only to choke when proposing to F1. Travis Stork and Matt Grant went so far down that path that it looked like those entire seasons were scripted. With Jason, things turned out a little differently.

In comes Jason, looking for love - and possibly a little media exposure. Like all Bachelors before him, he accepted the offer to be on the Bachelor with the agreement that he would seriously consider TPTB's choice for him - who turns out to be Melissa. TPTB caught her "performance" on DCC and thought she could really pull in an audience. However, Jason ends up falling in love with two women - Melissa and Molly. Jason is torn as to which woman to choose, but TPTB push him towards Melissa and he agrees to choose her.

When Jason proposes to Melissa, she reacts unexpectedly and says she is not ready for an engagement or even an exclusive relationship. Jason then feels like he lost his true chance at love by turning Molly away. TPTB realize they have made a big mistake in pushing Jason to pursue Melissa only to have her turn him down. This turns out to be an even bigger problem when Jason's season becomes quite popular.

At some point, TPTB provide Jason and Molly the opportunity to begin dating and things work out well - Jason, Molly, TPTB, and parts of the audience all get their happy ending. Melissa is ok because she turned down Jason. So, if Jason is still saying that he is engaged, then he must be engaged to Molly.

What do you think of my theory?

Decent theory, but if he ends up with Molly, I will spend many a day and night on my floor wailing and kicking my feet!

Quote Originally Posted by DC0818;3342822;
    Ok, so here's my thing about this supposedly "jaw-dropping" finale and all that:

EVERY single episode of TB/Ette, they ALWAYS dub it *booming announcing voice* The Most Dramatic Rose Ceremony EVER ........is it really though??

This could be a giant lead-up to something ho-hum, instead of earth shattering.

??
    In seasons past I would agree...but the difference this season is ALL the PUBLICITY CH & even FLEISS is doing...and all the "spewing" he is doing about...what will transpire in those last few hours of TV...this man is NOT about a love story or even about people finding each other...the man is all for the "story"..and "ratings"...that is it plain and simple!...he is the puppet master and loves to pull on the marinetts strings!

addison h.

Quote Originally Posted by Kresge;3342848;
    Nah.....actually, I'm liking it! More fun than the show this season.
    haha you must have waayyy more patience than I do (by the way love the avatar - I would make mine Brian from that set of pictures if I was in any way talented enough to do that)

sorry to jump in and make anyone move backwards but I've been gone all day and I'm wondering if you guys are giving any credence to the theory posted on the bachelornews blogspot? (I personally buy a mix of what RS and our own sdl are saying but it was an interesting counter theory)

Quote Originally Posted by nonobadfish;3342804;
    I guess that's possible, G.G. He may have met Jason through Jeremy or somehow. But RS was quite complimentary of Jason until his source told him that Jason dumped Melissa while the cameras were rolling. So any animosity he has didn't bubble up until then.

He does feel so strongly about it now, though...I really do wonder if his source is Melissa or someone who has strong feelings that Melissa was wronged.

I am definitely going to go get a shower now and pretend that I have done something productive with my day before DH gets home.

Just for the record, sdl seems like a great guy. He joined before I did, and I guarantee you that I am no plant. I'm a deciduos tree! (I stole that joke off RS' comment section. Made me laugh... )
    Actually one of the things that made me start to question RS was something you just mentioned above about his animosity towards Jason after he found out. He broke the news on the 27th and stated that he found out on (either the Sat. or Sun. before). Then on the Mon he watched the show (knowing about what had happened) and wrote his blog. In that blog he says Jason is "an honest, decent guy". That made me go "Huh?". I e-mailed him to ask about this and 2 days later the response I got was "I wrote that pretending I didn't know what I knew". But, what he wrote wasn't anything more than an aside (almost a footnote, if you will).

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by ecbyeh;3342815;
    Here is the theory I have come up with after reading RS's site and everyone's comments over the past week or so. Please keep in mind that it is only a theory!

At the beginning of each season, TPTB pick out an F1 or F2 that they try to steer the Bachelor towards in order to create a happy ending for the audience. However, TPTB have bought into their own publicity about being "reality TV," so they want to give the Bachelor some latitude to truly fall in love, but it never works out that way - to which we can all attest!

TPTB try to choose the woman that they think the audience will like best and relate to the most. The Bachelors are all grateful for the opportunity to be on the show, so they all agree to consider the woman chosen by TPTB. Brad Womak went down that path, only to choke when proposing to F1. Travis Stork and Matt Grant went so far down that path that it looked like those entire seasons were scripted. With Jason, things turned out a little differently.

In comes Jason, looking for love - and possibly a little media exposure. Like all Bachelors before him, he accepted the offer to be on the Bachelor with the agreement that he would seriously consider TPTB's choice for him - who turns out to be Melissa. TPTB caught her "performance" on DCC and thought she could really pull in an audience. However, Jason ends up falling in love with two women - Melissa and Molly. Jason is torn as to which woman to choose, but TPTB push him towards Melissa and he agrees to choose her.

When Jason proposes to Melissa, she reacts unexpectedly and says she is not ready for an engagement or even an exclusive relationship. Jason then feels like he lost his true chance at love by turning Molly away. TPTB realize they have made a big mistake in pushing Jason to pursue Melissa only to have her turn him down. This turns out to be an even bigger problem when Jason's season becomes quite popular.

At some point, TPTB provide Jason and Molly the opportunity to begin dating and things work out well - Jason, Molly, TPTB, and parts of the audience all get their happy ending. Melissa is ok because she turned down Jason. So, if Jason is still saying that he is engaged, then he must be engaged to Molly.

What do you think of my theory?
    Love it.

I think it could be true or very close. and I hope it is because I do want things to work out for Jason and I like Molly Ok.

Any time the conversation becomes about each other rather than the show, you are treading on dangerous territory and likely to be breaching site rules.

Keep posts on topic and civil.
    If you do wish to question someone about information they have making accusations is not the best way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by snooky;3342625;
    As has been pointed out by lawyers posting here (and common sense dictates) that no matter what's in the contract, a big conglomerate like ABC/Disney isn't about to actually take little DeAnna Pappas to court for damages. ABC would have to prove damages, DeAnna has nowhere near $5 millionn to collect on, but biggest of all, the negative publicity would kill the show, if not seriously harm the network's reputation.

The contract may sound scary, but that's its purpose. Because actually acting on breach of contract is impractical in the extreme.

Plus, I never read she was under contract for life. Life? I think it was something like one year for any public appearances, and five years for talking about her experience.

Which makes me wonder... Have any past contestants been talking about being strong-armed? It's well past the five-year mark.
    RS was setup to do an interview with Brad who cancelled at the last minute. He followed up with an e-mail explaining that while RS had been the only one that he would want to get his story out, he had reached a point where he was ready to put all things related to the show in the past. I think that by the time the statute of limitations are up, they are over it and not inclined to want to go back there again.