Thread: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

Along for the ride PotstickersRgud's Avatar

Re: RS Predictions **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3337165;
    what's that old saying, bad publicity is good publicity ... they don't care how they get it... isn't that what Fleiss and Jason are being accused of?
    I'll take it one further.
    We are being side tracked. There has been virtually no sleuthing about the show. Everyone is very busy taking swipes at Jason and the girls, but have done no more sleuthing.
    RS isn't the story.
    But there is one if you look in the right places, and this use to be one of them.

FORT Regular

What I don't get about RS is when he first broke the news he said "ABC grew a brain" and that the "editors deserved a raise" he was very admiring of ABC and he also was admiring of Jason saying that he was not into this for a career in the media and other nice things.

So why is he now outraged at ABC?

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by bamabrain;3336683;
    Yes, I was afraid this ABC spin might happen. As jlccaz says in another thread, that scenario posted by the "retired" alphabet exec was more than likely a test balloon, a kinder, gentler version of the Medussa that is Fleiss. I'm glad RS spilled when he did, but that gives TPTB more time to Fleiss and splice and dice and try to polish up the tarnished images while tarnishing other images.

I always like this part of the season, as I attempt to "pronounce." This is not a slam but it is the tiniest little soapbox and so you may wish to move along to the next post at this point.

SOAPBOX
    For those still fundamentally questioning RS, let me just say that his "dish" did not spring free-formed like some sort of anti-Athena from the head of an anti-Zeus. And those who believed him didn't drink any kool aid at the temple of The Oracle. Some had intimated an unhappy ending around the same time as RS's 1/27 post. Some have suspected for a long time that Jason was disingenuous at best. They were careful with what they posted, but the underground rumblings were various--and whoever had their ears to the ground rather than their fingers in their ears (lalalalala--I'm not believing this--lalalalala--TrueLoveForever--lalalalala), would've noticed the board rumblings and their increasingly dark tonal shifts as something other than the snark and cynicism of people who Just Don't See IT. The rumblings were on the Richter scale and they were multiple and reliable--so huge a chorus, in fact, that were abc to attempt to round up all the usual and unusual suspects, they'd need a much bigger holding pen than Jason's Kirkland townhouse which I suspect he'll now be able to trade up.
    SOAPBOX

So now it'll be spun by the spinmeister and spun again and again and again and there will be multiple versions for everyone to choose from. I am curious to see how long the Never Ending Story will continue into Happily Unhappy Ever After After After After Afters. But, hey, in internet post-modern fashion, there'll be an ending for each of us to choose. And we'll carry on here and carry on and carry on. I'd decided not to use emoticons when posting this season, but I'm going to use one right now. I FORT as the most diverse yet balanced board in cybertown.
    I apologize in advance for being so behind, but I'm actually having to work. So if this has already been over-discussed, forgive me!

I completely agree with (and love) this post by BamaBrain. Along the same lines, I emailed Reality Steve today and asked him his thoughts on the latest spin that Melissa was distant and her parents didn't want her to be engaged so Jason went to Molly instead...virtually making the entire thing Melissa's fault.

Here is the answer that Reality Steve emailed back to me word for word:

"Yes, I'm aware that rumor going around. It's ABC's latest way of spinning things. If that's what they choose to go with for their finale, then I think it lends even more credibility to my theory it was set up from the beginning. Also pretty much throws Molly under the bus and shows she was in on it as well"

I'm still believing that Fleiss and ABC are in this deep and either Jason was complicit or the editing is massive. They get to edit however they want...they get to change complete sentences and make them mean something else (like changing "there were no threesomes" to "there were threesomes." We know that they are hyping this finale and the ATFRs as huge shockers...Network freakish...nothing we have ever seen.

For this to be the case (a Bachelor like nothing we have ever seen...so freakish that it's like Network), then they either have to be editing it into something wilder than we can imagine, or RS is correct in his scoop.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by just logic;3337209;
    For me it always seemed like her edit was setting her up for the next Bachelorette.
    I really don't understand the string of "repeat players" on this franchise. (Deanna, Jason, possibly Melissa?) It's one thing to participate a first time, but once you've witnessed the grand puppet show firsthand...what makes a person return? Anyone with the tiniest grasp on reality can see that this is not a prime location to find genuine love. Attention or fame seems to be the only motivation that makes any sense. So what is a suit like Jason doing there again? Some day his son will be treated to some very nice video footage of his father being rejected by one woman and then getting busy with as many other women as he can get his tongue on. Quite a legacy really.

Quote Originally Posted by PotstickersRgud;3337235;
    We are being side tracked. There has been virtually no sleuthing about the show. Everyone is very busy taking swipes at Jason and the girls, but have done no more sleuthing.
    RS isn't the story.
    But there is one if you look in the right places, and this use to be one of them.
    You anything we don't know Potstickers???

RS isn't the story.
    I agree that we are maybe being sidetracked! Where do you think we should start taking a second look, timeline, screencaps, locations?

RS isn't the story.
    I tried saying this type of thing yesterday and got ignored But I agree; we should be trying to sleuth this out rationally.

RS isn't the story.
    Potstickers, you keep pointing us in another direction. I'd love to get on board and start looking at or thinking about something else. You sound as though you know more...Please share so we can all move past this and discuss something more profitable. (If anything about this show is profitable...)
    In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: It goes on. -- Robert Frost

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by athomeinfrisco;3337154;
    If he was in fact trying to upgrade himself as an internet blogger...why would he be stating all of this if it's not true and damage his reputation??
    He only did this because all his readers were going crazy and creating numerous blogs that got out of control when he was just trying to have some fun. Now the press won't leave him alone, but his hand was forced by ABC, if you read from the start, he was afraid to be proven wrong after all this time. And if RS really wanted to be famous, helllllloooo he has done this for years and never once did he try to mainstream anything. He does it for fun.!!! Be careful to judge the innocent, you know what they say???? What goes around comes around.....!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3337159;
    these emails sound soooo fishy - I'd imagine any real personal exchanges between Jason and Melissa were over the phone, not in emails....
    Thank you. I've been questioning the validity of those e-mails since they first were leaked. Why would Melissa send those e-mails to someone or print them up to show to someone, especially when she is under a contractual obligation to keep her mouth shut? And the story of how they made it to RS is weird. The timing was fishy, too.

I'm not saying the e-mails are definitely fake, but I find the whole thing extremely bizzare and without more proof, I don't think anyone here should treat them like they are legitimate.