Thread: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

Re: RS Predictions **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3304353;
    was that necessary?
    With everything that's been thrown out there I was just trying to think way outside the box

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by justson;3304359;
    With everything that's been thrown out there I was just trying to think way outside the box
    That was outside the box!

RS did say that nobody had even come close or something like that!
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3304331;
    Remember, the F2 doesn't see what we see, and the producers do a good job of making the F2 feel like he/she has a really good chance of being the last one standing - which is why you sometimes hear the "confident" statements in the limo ride to the FRC from the F2.

It could be that this time, the producers really do a job and work on Melissa's insecurities in a dirty way in order to make her believe that she is not F1 to get a certain kind of emotional reaction from her for the FRC or leading up to it. This could include things that would "tarnish" Jason's image.

Do I think they would throw Jason under the bus for the sake of the drama?

Yep.
    BLOOMERS - this is a very very good possibility - and as we know from past history - happens way more then we would like - if at all
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

FORT Regular

After seeing Jillian and Naomi and that spaghetti noodle, I think you may be on to something

Hey, you might as well throw it out there. It's not any more crazy than most I have read and as we all know TV has not got a problem airing these kinds of issues. JMO
    Last edited by mommyof2poodles; 02-04-2009 at 05:19 PM.
    Happiness isn't just an emotion, it is a state of mind.

I personally thought this was the best guess ever (never happen, unfortunately), but keep 'em coming!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by finalefan;3304340;
    Yeah, I'm agreeing with you! I was just puzzling over the idea that what if any "problem" getting to the FRC is not Melissa-driven but rather producer-driven? Certainly those contracts give TPTB the right to screw with the women's heads sideways to Sunday! Like, Melissa has no intention of backing out of the FRC but TPTB make it difficult for her to get there? Because they are being jacka$$es just for the sake of entertainment?

I dunno, just imagining scenarios here. I'm not sure how something like this would work with "ABC finally grew a brain," though.
    Long time lurker---and occasional poster. (Usually just frequently enough to stuff my foot in my mouth. )

ITA with this statement, both concerning any final drama (Mel getting to FRC etc) as well as Jason crying on the balcony. From what I understand, we hear from cut bach/etts that the producers will prod and urge and pry and do whatever necessary to get the comments and behaviors they want on film.

I totally see them going to Mel and Molly and saying something to the effect of "Did you know that Deanna and Jesse broke up? And by the way, she is here in NZ talking to Jason right now!!" and then never explaining that she is just there to offer advice. They could intentionally cause unnecessary fears and insecurities--which we may or may not see them doing on screen.

To the same effect, the producers could, during interviews with Jason, repeatedly bringing up his being rejected by his ex, being rejected by Deanna and then asking him if he is worried about his F1 rejecting him. From what I understand of TPTB's persistence, I don't put it beneath them to play not only on Mel's insecurities, but also Jason's.

FORT Fogey

The FRC will be anticlimatic because some of the theories in this thread are much grander and more convulted than what will actually happen!

And for those of you still talking about this. Deanna has nothing to do with anything. She was paid to come back and give him advice. She does NOT want him back. She is a non entity in this drama.

This is a TV show aimed at the casual viewer with a plot line and an ending that is gauged to be satisfying to the majority of the viewers. I think what Steve divulges, after the finale, will be the jawdropping part. I am not sure what would make my jaw drop as I already know that it is manipulated to within an inch of a scripted show.

I read people saying someone is a plant. I read back as far as I could without getting bleery and found no spill that this may be true. Is this just speculation or did someone inside elude to it?

Hating finales since 2006 finalefan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3304371;
    And for those of you still talking about this. Deanna has nothing to do with anything. She was paid to come back and give him advice. She does NOT want him back. She is a non entity in this drama.
    I think 90 percent or more of us are not under any impression that Deanna wanted Jason back. But the F1 and F2 might've been under that impression. Remember, when they signed up for The Bachelor and even when filming started, Jesse and Deanna were "happily" together. The fact that during filming Deanna showed up sans Jesse, fresh off a breakup, could've wigged out the remaining women.
    Don't bore us, get to the chorus. - M. Campbell

FORT Regular

OK, the post RS quoted as (paraphrasing here) someone looking at things the right way also mentioned something about "the production crew, maybe?"

So, what if Jason dumps both the f2 women and ends up proposing to someone who has been behind the scenes - i.e., a child welfare rep who is there to supervise Ty's on camera time, someone who keeps him occupied while he's there but not on camera, someone with the catering company who takes a shine to him........oh, who knows.