Thread: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: RS Predictions **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by finalefan;3304302;
    What if -- variation on the current theme here -- TPTB do something dirty to get in Melissa's way of getting to the FRC, because they think it will cause drama? Like they delay her or tell her it isn't happening or they "lose" her dress or something? If there's no drama because the F2/F1 is obvious, ABC would want to manufacture some. And then whatever they do goes too far and has consequences they didn't intend?
    Remember, the F2 doesn't see what we see, and the producers do a good job of making the F2 feel like he/she has a really good chance of being the last one standing - which is why you sometimes hear the "confident" statements in the limo ride to the FRC from the F2.

It could be that this time, the producers really do a job and work on Melissa's insecurities in a dirty way in order to make her believe that she is not F1 to get a certain kind of emotional reaction from her for the FRC or leading up to it. This could include things that would "tarnish" Jason's image.

Do I think they would throw Jason under the bus for the sake of the drama?

Yep.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Hating finales since 2006 finalefan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3304316;
    Some of the girls on Andy's show dished that there were several of them that wanted to leave with Tessa at the top of the list. They were not allowed to leave. I think that is because he wanted Tessa. They couldn't let any of them leave w/o letting her leave too, so nobody got to leave.

My take is that you are legally bound to see the show through until you are cut. However, if the situation is such and it is agreeable with both the Bach/ette and the contestant, then the person can leave.
    That works well for the first F9 or so maybe even down to F6. However, the show is formatted for an F4 Hometown set-up, so I wouldn't think after that point that you just get to sail on out at your own whim.

I do look at Graham and the way he was dressed at that F4-3 RC. I don't think he wanted or maybe intended to be a part of the RC itself. The way he was dressed, and the way she behaved suggested to me that they had just told her his wishes, but that they made him come in and take part anyway- allowing her to cut him.
    Yeah, I'm agreeing with you! I was just puzzling over the idea that what if any "problem" getting to the FRC is not Melissa-driven but rather producer-driven? Certainly those contracts give TPTB the right to screw with the women's heads sideways to Sunday! Like, Melissa has no intention of backing out of the FRC but TPTB make it difficult for her to get there? Because they are being jacka$$es just for the sake of entertainment?

I dunno, just imagining scenarios here. I'm not sure how something like this would work with "ABC finally grew a brain," though.
    Don't bore us, get to the chorus. - M. Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3304331;
    Remember, the F2 doesn't see what we see, and the producers do a good job of making the F2 feel like he/she has a really good chance of being the last one standing - which is why you sometimes hear the "confident" statements in the limo ride to the FRC from the F2.

It could be that this time, the producers really do a job and work on Melissa's insecurities in a dirty way in order to make her believe that she is not F1 to get a certain kind of emotional reaction from her for the FRC or leading up to it. This could include things that would "tarnish" Jason's image.

Yep.
    Sadly, I have to agree Bloomers.....TPTB would throw their own mother under the bus for the sake of drama.
    Happiness isn't just an emotion, it is a state of mind.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3304321;
    OOO...well....um.....er..... not that that could not happen - but that was not what I was referring to
    As jaded as we have become with the time and all of the suggestions made, most of us would never dream of something like that. Jaw-dropping indeed!
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3304331;

Yep.
    I agree there's nothing off limits to the producers, but don't you think it's unlikely they'd "tarnish" his image? Truth be told, they need him and the F1 to do the obligatory press junket and magazine interviews to keep the franchise front and center 'til the next season (probably starting in May after episodes of "Dancing" to get viewers drawn in) begins. It's sort of "The King is dead; long live the (new) King. . .." I just find it improbable that they would have built him up only to trash him at the end--but then I rather believe Bachelor can't be spelled without the $ sign. . .

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3303423;
    I agree. Clues are "evidence that help solve a problem." Clues are supposed to lead to a solution if you use the dictionary definition. The bolded statement above disappoints me because I love to study clues.

Steve: "There is one major thing that no one has caught onto yet". This is probably what we need to brainstorm. Laboring over K Moon/Rebecca is likely to take up a lot of effort that will lead nowhere. And that will be the case with all the clues, apparently. I believe him when he says they are not meant to be solved. So why bother?

We should be able to step back and take another look at what major thing we have not yet seen. That statement implies that the evidence is right under our noses. We may be missing the forest by concentrating on the trees.

Maybe Molly's "walk of shame" statement was for real and she's pregnant. That would be a shocker because we didn't really think anything happened in that tent. We just thought it was editing.

Mr. Jason might not be as squeaky clean as we think he is. Of course, CH's statement that Jason comes out of this "smelling like a rose" would be laughable if that happened.

Jason really does seem smitten with Jill and Naomi. It would be a shocker to me if he picked anyone other than Mel.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mommyof2poodles;3304341;
    Sadly, I have to agree Bloomers.....TPTB would throw their own mother under the bus for the sake of drama.
    Hey, Kasha, where is that picure of Fleiss?

Quote Originally Posted by justson;3304317;
    I usually lurk, but this has been something I've noticed a lot too. I wonder if 2 of the women fell in love with each other. There's no way the powers that be would show that, but it would sure create a stir, and people would definitely talk about it for the foreseeable future.
    was that necessary?
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Hating finales since 2006 finalefan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3304349;
    Maybe Molly's "walk of shame" statement was for real and she's pregnant. That would be a shocker because we didn't really think anything happened in that tent. We just thought it was editing.

Mr. Jason might not be as squeaky clean as we think he is. Of course, CH's statement that Jason comes out of this "smelling like a rose" would be laughable if that happened.

Jason really does seem smitten with Jill and Naomi. It would be a shocker to me if he picked anyone other than Mel.
    I really have a hard time believing that pregnancy is involved in any way (... hmm, so I guess that means indeed I would be shocked). It WOULD be shocking if F2 is pregnant but he doesn't pick her anyway. OMG! Heh.
    Don't bore us, get to the chorus. - M. Campbell

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3304353;
    was that necessary?
    Maybe not, but just the possibility is so out of this world and outrageous that it is hilarious.