Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: UPDATES -- As of 1/30/09...

Re: UPDATES -- As of 1/30/09...

I actually think he is very much a Dad but, a lot of this is scripted to make it "over done". I also think he wants to make sure these ladies are ready to be a parent and totally accepting of Ty. Ty is a great story line that the viewers love.... so the producers are exploiting that a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by CrabbyTabby;3298004;
    Maybe Jason, like so many others these days, just has issues with being on time. It is easy to lose track, especially when dealing with a 3-year-old ("get your shoes on, brush your hair" etc). Maybe he just legitimately ran late doing something and he had to call and let Melissa know he would be late. At least he calls!
    I think he is probably someone that does pay attention to time. He seemed surprised and maybe a little annoyed when he went to pick up Natalie for their 1:1 date and she wasn't ready. I also thought it was weird that he told Melissa what time he was going to pick her up. I don't remember time ever being mentioned for other dates. It seems like they were setting the stage for what was to happen later that evening.
    Last edited by Lynn RN; 02-01-2009 at 02:09 PM.

.. i think you are right.

Maybe Ty throws a fit because he wants to see that nice lady who fed the ducks with him and played leapfrog with the family.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by justsaying;3299032;
    Maybe Ty throws a fit because he wants to see that nice lady who fed the ducks with him and played leapfrog with the family.

FORT Newbie

i have a different take on Ty not wanting his dad to leave. If Jason has been spending more time away from Ty than usual, wouldn't it be normal for him to want to spend time with his dad, not want to leave. My son is now 34, but i remember when he was young there were times when he was clingy. i think this is true for all children at times and a person who is going to take on the role of mother needs to know that. He isn't being a brat. He is just being a young child who misses his dad.

Watching her season is probably how the little tyke learned to throw fits in the first place. . .

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by BritLit;3299532;
    Watching her season is probably how the little tyke learned to throw fits in the first place. . .
    bwhahaha!

However, it wasn't until recently, that I realized the significance of Ty's crying when Dad left with DeAnna at the HT date. That, in and of itself, falls within a normal range of behavior for a toddler; however, what that scene signified in retrospect in the editing was that if DeAnna chose Jason as F1, she would have to be able to deal with that kind of typical behavior in a young child, and we know she purposefully made the choice to opt out of that responsibility at this time in her life.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Every season there are misleading previews, snippets, etc that turn out to be very different. They over dramatize a lot of things (remember the girl who fell down the stairs, the ambulance came, etc? Then there was the "joke" of fake parents with Amanda, you get the picture) Jason delays his date with Mel because Ty was upset for daddy to leave and the producers, said "call Mel and tell her dates off" then Mel comes and sees Ty sleeping and they enjoy a quiet evening.