Page 1 of 49 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The announced Bachelorette (next season)- WHO?

The announced Bachelorette (next season)- WHO?

This thread is for the discussion of who the next Bachelorette will be and why (feel free to include any spoilers (and your source if you can!))

During the latest episode of The Bachelor (Jason) ABC announced that they are looking for men to date their new bachelorette! This means two things-
    1) They have probably already cast the lucky lady.
    2) The next segment to air in the series will be The Bachelorette.

Now, using the proven pattern of picking a lady from rejected Bachelor seasons we may have an idea of who the next Bachelorette will be...here are the criteria I believe ABC uses to select the next lady:

1) Reasonably young (Less than 30, otherwise it might be harder to cast guys).
    2) Beautiful.
    3) Had some impact on a previous Bachelor season (usually meaning the contestant went pretty far, thus, in theory, already boasting a moderate fan base).
    4) Never married/widowed. (Until Jason ABC never cast a divorced/widowed main contestant, and it is probably more likely for women to be comfortable with a partner's history (marriage, children from another marriage, etc..., than men)).

Using these criteria I believe these are the contestants (if they do indeed bring someone back) they may choose:
    -Nikki (Jason)
    -Naomi (Jason)
    -Amanda (Matt)
    -Chelsea (Matt)
    -Shayne (errrr, probably another publicity stunt)

Maybes:
    -Jillian (although she may be too 'small,' and while I do not think that is a bad thing, ABC is probably looking for another DeAnna/Jen type).

Probably Not:
    -Stephanie (she is older and has a child, and although she seems like an amazing lady, she is probably not generating the feedback among 35-45 year old men that Jason generated among the twenty-somethings).
    -Naomi (who seems to be dating another former contestant).
    -Holly (same as above).

Thoughts? I would love to figure out who the next Bachlady (as I like to call them) is... so chime in!!!

Re: The announced Bachelorette (next season)- WHO?

Won't the fact that Jillian resides in Canada mean she will not be chosen? Hard enough to find single men willing to move between states, let alone borders. Plus, I think they are going with new face this season, correct?

Premium Member

I vote for Jillian, lets go international they did with Matt and PLo for The Bachelor so why not for The Bachelorette?

I read an article that stated they were looking for an ex-Olympian - ideally, a figure skater or someone like that with some name recognition and a good Q score. However, it appears that they are still looking i.e. a recent talent search was held at a Dallas nightclub last week - a fresh face seems to be the goal?

PLo lived in the US. And I think Matt wanted to move to the US. That would be my only doubt about it being Jillian.

NO, NOT NIKKI!!!!

IF there had to be a recycled girl, I would want Sadie. But I would rather a fresh face!!
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

Premium Member

I heard Jillian is working in Washington now, so she is in the US. So could work out.

I'd watch Jillian! She's awesome! I don't care if she lives in Canada, but it might be hard to get men for that, unless she's wanting to relocate to America.

I like Stephanie and think she's a neat lady, but don't want her to be the bachelorette. I'd hate watching what ABC would do to her given she lost her husband. We'd never hear the end of the pity story. I would never watch it.

I didn't watch Matt's season to know the bachelorttes.

See-- I was thinking that they might go with a new girl too--but then it is so risky unless they find a knock-out with an amazing job who is still available. It seems that they are pretty comfortable with the pattern of using past contestants, and DeAnna's season (and now Jason's) carried the ratings (enough to keep ABC renewing them) so I do not know if they will try it. I think it is harder to get the primary audience (us gals) interested in a new lady, while it is easy for us to immediately buy into the bachelor (new guys). I'm betting ABC wouldn't risk us supporting some girl we do not know so that is why they pick girls we liked or supported or feel bad for (so we then watch and root for them!). Of course, I could be wrong... so keep bringing the thoughts!

p.s.- I forgot to add Natalie (jason) to the list, although her foul mouth and edit indicate that she is not the next bachlady. (but!!!... then again... the sleuthers are saying that it seems like she comes back, so maybe they have to redeem her once she agreed to be the next bachelorette).

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3283827;
    I read an article that stated they were looking for an ex-Olympian - ideally, a figure skater or someone like that with some name recognition and a good Q score. However, it appears that they are still looking i.e. a recent talent search was held at a Dallas nightclub last week - a fresh face seems to be the goal?
    Oh WOW-- do you have the link? That would be ideal for ABC especially coming off the olympic games--a contestant we would be proud to root for!

Of course, who would it be? I watched so many of the events and can not think of a single, gorgeous gal in her mid-late 20s... and also one willing to give up training for a few months!

Please don't let it be Shayne, I don't think I could handle another season of her. We would probably be treated to another Meanna meltdown when all the guys didn't properly worship her.

Page 1 of 49 1234567891011 ... LastLast