Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The announced Bachelorette (next season)- WHO?

Re: The announced Bachelorette (next season)- WHO?

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;3283839;
    Oh WOW-- do you have the link? That would be ideal for ABC especially coming off the olympic games--a contestant we would be proud to root for!

Of course, who would it be? I watched so many of the events and can not think of a single, gorgeous gal in her mid-late 20s... and also one willing to give up training for a few months!
    I agree and could see how it might work as it has on "Dancing with the Stars". Athletes and Olympians have been so popular on there with the viewing public. As to who it might be - I have no idea.

You can find The Bachelorette story on the lifeskate.com blog in the December postings.

FORT Newbie

What about Sadie? Is she still single? They have used her on promotions in the past. Jenni (Matt) would have been great, but she was so great, she's taken.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3283859;
    I agree and could see how it might work as it has on "Dancing with the Stars". Athletes and Olympians have been so popular on there with the viewing public. As to who it might be - I have no idea.

You can find The Bachelorette story on the lifeskate.com blog in the December postings.
    Thank you!
    Here is the link : Figure skaters wanted for ABC's The Bachelorette and Wife Swap (Lifeskate)

This article gives us a lot of information- One, prior to the airing of this season they were searching for a new face. They may or may not have found one.
    Two- it looks like they are looking for single women, ages 25-33 (so this probably rules out Stephanie).
    Three- They have scheduled taping to begin in March.

Overall, this still means it could be anyone, but we have two definites (age they want and when they are taping!! (this is big especially for the sleuthers!)

I would definitely watch Sadie but I bet she doesn't want the job--I guarantee they probably approached her before DeAnna (she was more recent and probably more popular).
    *sigh* I really liked Sadie!

And as for the olympian, I think they would have to find a big name that people would recognize (which is hard to do), otherwise they would be risking us not caring.

Sadie - my all time favorite!!!!

I also liked Sheena from Brad's season - a lot! But I think she got back with her old boyfriend after the show. She was so classy.
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

Any figure skater who is still competing (high-level) will NOT be interested -- the 2010 Winter Olympics are only 13 months away. They would lose too much valuable training time.

Plus, Olympic athletes are committed, with a mindset of: gold medal first, everything else later.

I think ABC just throws up (ahem) descriptions of different types of people they are looking for and hope they will get lucky.

A couple of years ago, they were trying to get a famous singer/artist, but got nothing. (I even contacted a couple of singers with Top 10 hits, that I know, and they were whole-heartedly against it -- despite the publicity and airplay they would have received. Darn, I was hoping for the $5K finder's fee that ABC was offering.)
    Last edited by hotlanta babe; 01-20-2009 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hotlanta babe;3283887;
    Any figure skater who is still competing (high-level) will NOT be interested -- the 2010 Winter Olympics are only 13 months away. They would lose too much valuable training time.

Plus, Olympic athletes are committed, with a mindset of: gold medal first, everything else later.
    Only skater who I could see doing this show is Sasha Cohen, but she's looking to go to the Olympics.

Quote Originally Posted by hotlanta babe;3283887;

GOOD POINT!

so, unless they are about to retire, it seems that a high-level skater wont be taking the job. Hmmm... back to the drawing board (and the past contestants!)

I would only watch Jillian or Kari as the Bachelorette.

Plus, Olympic athletes really don't need a set-up.