Page 13 of 49 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: The announced Bachelorette (next season)- WHO?

Re: The announced Bachelorette (next season)- WHO?

Quote Originally Posted by hotlanta babe;3287327;
    I have some scoopage on ABC's casting (from the past), but it's for The Bachelor.

About 4 years ago, ABC contacted the Palm Beach Polo Club to get a professional polo player to be The Bachelor.

Guess what? NO ONE was interested! The Polo Club couldn't even talk anyone into auditioning. And, why would they be? They don't need any help finding women -- they have beautiful, thin, RICH women flocking like groupies to the polo matches. They have all the advantages of being known in the richest circles without having their lives (& past discretions) plastered on TV.

So, 4 years ago ... who became The Bachelor instead? Was this PLo's season? A Prince instead of a Polo Player.
    Jesse Palmer was the Bachelor on the Spring 2004 season. Perhaps they substituted a pro football player for a pro polo player.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Marloon;3287376;
    Jesse Palmer was the Bachelor on the Spring 2004 season. Perhaps they substituted a pro football player for a pro polo player.
    We have a media article in our archives somewhere in retrospect where when Jesse was questioned, he admitted that his stint on the Bachelor was never about finding a wife and getting married.
    Jesse's goal was to be a sportscaster when his career as a pro player was over. It didn't take much then, and it doesn't take much now to read between the lines and see that Jesse saw his time on the Bachelor as a chance to get himself a little better known. He showed personality and got experience in front of a camera - two things that helped him further his goal.

BTW, he is now a pretty good sports analyst - much better than he was a Bachelor.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

I don't really think for me it makes a difference if the person is new or not with how interesting the show will be. It's the guys that will determine that IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3287574;
    I don't really think for me it makes a difference if the person is new or not with how interesting the show will be. It's the guys that will determine that IMO.
    Where did you find your avitar ATEM?? Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by simplyfine;3287639;
    Where did you find your avitar ATEM?? Love it!
    Oh, thanks! I made it.

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3287145;
    total agreenance - Jillian or no one from this season.......DEFINITELY NOT Molly!!
    I concur Jillian is the only one I'd watch as Bach'ette. Would not watch Molly or Stephanie (listening to her talk is comparable to watching paint dry
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3287685;
    I concur Jillian is the only one I'd watch as Bach'ette. Would not watch Molly or Stephanie (listening to her talk is comparable to watching paint dry
    If they do another retread (which I am having doubts this time because of the rumors on the gossip sites) I would go for Jillian, Naomi or Stephanie. Definitely not Molly, Lauren, Erica or Megan. My favorites from past shows are Sadie, Amanda, and either Moana or Sarah from Travis' season.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3287319;
    I was reading Reality Steve earlier today and he said that they had already chosen the non-retread bachelorette.

here's a snippet:
    "A couple quick “Bachelor” notes. For those that don’t know, ABC has decided to do another installment of the “Bachelorette”. And the bachelorette will not be someone from a previous show. And from what I’ve heard, they’ve already chosen this woman. I’ll let you know as soon as I find out"
    I certainly hope this is true!! I am tired of the recycled contestants - male & female!
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

Quote Originally Posted by nutty1;3287698;
    I certainly hope this is true!! I am tired of the recycled contestants - male & female!
    Amen, ITA! Though I do like Jason, I think it is time for new blood on this show. Guys and girls.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

Quote Originally Posted by bevorules;3287711;
    Amen, ITA! Though I do like Jason, I think it is time for new blood on this show. Guys and girls.
    I'll rather have Jillian that lights up my TV screen with her personality than some Barbie doll with zero personality ( and yes, I'm including egocentric celebrities too ).

I'm not that excited about this season except for Jillian on the show, everyone else seems kind of boring.