Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Posting Images - A Pictorial

Re: Posting Images - A Pictorial

Quote Originally Posted by nutty1;3277730;
    So if a picture shows a URL when we click on it, it's OK to use it directly, without going thru Photobucket? I never knew that - thanks!
    No. It depends on where the image is hosted. For example, if you see a SC in the Screencaps Only! thread, and right click it's properties and see that it is hosted on TinyPic's servers [like the one in the pictorial example] - then Yes!

But you see an image [whether it's on FORT or not] for which its URL is NOT an image hosting site

[i.e. http ://www.africansafari. com/images/orangutan.jpg]

... then you'll be siphoning that sites bandwith if you attach the photo here with the [IMG] tags, which is against FORT rules.

In that case you'd have to [as in the above tutorial] "Save Picture As..." and upload it to an Image-Hosting site, and then use that URL to attach it here.

I have to admit, I don't know anything about Photobucket, as I always use TinyPic, so someone else might be able to chime in here with regards to directly using a SC from the Screencap Only! thread that is hosted at Photobucket. I've seen some "broken images" before for "Bandwidth Exceeded" from Photobucket accounts, so I'm not entirely sure how that works. Maybe each account is only given so much bandwidth and once exceeded it suspends your ability to view the images for a time.

TinyPic is so much easier to me, because you don't need and account.
    Jillian: "Funnest? Funnest isn't a word." Ed:"It is now..."

FORT Fan

A free Photobucket account allows a monthly bandwidth of 25 GB. That is more than enough for normal use.

FORT Fogey

Ok, I got this far : [IMG]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e394/crazymamma23/The%[IMG], but the picture still didn't post.

That was clicking on the yellow image and putting the [IMG] if front and in back of what I brought over.

Now what do I do?
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3278306;
    Ok, I got this far : [IMG]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e394/crazymamma23/The%[IMG], but the picture still didn't post.

That was clicking on the yellow image and putting the [IMG] if front and in back of what I brought over.

Now what do I do?
    Bloomers, you need to put a / before the [i m g] in the last one, and it will work.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by RealityTV Fan;3278337;
    Bloomers, you need to put a / before the [i m g] in the last one, and it will work.
    With just 1 / before the last [IMG] didn't work either.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3278364;
    With just 1 / before the last [IMG] didn't work either.
    Okay, since you are trying to post a picture from Photobucket, copy the last code which already has the [IMG] code already in it, and post it on here. That's the easiest way.

Professional Lurker rainedaywoman's Avatar

I just asked about this lol

Well looking through this it appears I did post my image correctly but not sure why they still won't show up.
    Last edited by rainedaywoman; 01-14-2009 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rainedaywoman;3278615;
    I just asked about this lol

Well looking through this it appears I did post my image correctly but not sure why they still won't show up.
    You were using the URL of the page your photo is displayed on, rather than the URL of the photo itself. So the system cannot display that entire "current view" page as an image. This is the URL you were using:

dressspin2.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

If you click on that, what you see [everything you see - including pink background etc] is what the system is trying to display as an image.

If you right click on your image while on that page, and choose "Properties" you'll see that the actual URL of that photo [where it, and it alone soley resides]. That's the URL you need. Click here and see the difference. This is "just" the photo.

However Photobucket, like TinyPic, makes it easy for you.

On this page, Photobucket makes available to you, several options in a box to the right of your image, to display your image in email, blogs, forums etc. If you just copy the last one "IMG Code for Forums & Bulletin Boards" - that's all you'll need, just paste it into your post. You won't have to click the [if you do that, it will add extra IMG tags]

Jillian: "Funnest? Funnest isn't a word." Ed:"It is now..."

Professional Lurker rainedaywoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dodie430;3278796;
    You were using the URL of the page your photo is displayed on, rather than the URL of the photo itself. So the system cannot display that entire "current view" page as an image. This is the URL you were using:

dressspin2.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

If you click on that, what you see [everything you see - including pink background etc] is what the system is trying to display as an image.

If you right click on your image while on that page, and choose "Properties" you'll see that the actual URL of that photo [where it, and it alone soley resides]. That's the URL you need. Click here and see the difference. This is "just" the photo.

However Photobucket, like TinyPic, makes it easy for you.

On this page, Photobucket makes available to you, several options in a box to the right of your image, to display your image in email, blogs, forums etc. If you just copy the last one "IMG Code for Forums & Bulletin Boards" - that's all you'll need, just paste it into your post. You won't have to click the [if you do that, it will add extra IMG tags]

I posted the link for message boards given by photobucket and have it not work. I have not had any issues with other similar sites just this one getting photobucket pictures to show using their [ img ]. Which is weird because they should post the same. I think previous attempts were just a fluke issue or something.

I also posted the URL link to the image (which is what you addressed above) because I was unable to get photobucket to load the image on this forum. I posted the URL in addition because the photos would not show up.

Anyway, I figured out why it wouldn't load via the loader here though. I realized I had accidentally clicked the "email" code in photobucket instead of the "direct link" in my haste to get my previous message up.

Quote Originally Posted by dodie430;3278796;

OR you could click the second option & still paste it in the little yellow envelope - that's what I do. I will have to try it the other way though.
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast