Page 9 of 87 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Harrison Blog

Re: Chris Harrison Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Shelley2021;3296360;

That was a fun interview! Ellen really is a big fan of the show!
    I am too jaded, been around PR etc too long, to take at face value anything she says along those lines.

Chris said openly that her demographic matches the show's demographic precisely.

It is mutually beneficial within the Warner corporate family to promote and discuss the show. She owns her own show via a production company. But Warner produces the Bachelor and syndicates and distributes her show.

When Matt Lauer interviews someone from The Office, but never from Lost, aren't we all savvy enough to know that it's product placement? ANY Ellen segment discussing or previewing or mentioning or interviewing this show is product placement, that's my premise.

Only Portia knows whether Ellen is a "really big fan" or thinks it's a big misogynistic (SAT word of the month for me) pile of crap.

I did think it was very interesting that as of last week her take was that whomever he picked, it won't last. A calculated remark, released at this stage, to subliminally prepare the audience for the inevitable break-up. Yup. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Like Jimmy Kimmel telling Brad, "you may have picked no one."

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3299963;
    I am too jaded, been around PR etc too long, to take at face value anything she says along those lines.

Chris said openly that her demographic matches the show's demographic precisely.

It is mutually beneficial within the Warner corporate family to promote and discuss the show. She owns her own show via a production company. But Warner produces the Bachelor and syndicates and distributes her show.

When Matt Lauer interviews someone from The Office, but never from Lost, aren't we all savvy enough to know that it's product placement? ANY Ellen segment discussing or previewing or mentioning or interviewing this show is product placement, that's my premise.

Only Portia knows whether Ellen is a "really big fan" or thinks it's a big misogynistic (SAT word of the month for me) pile of crap.

I did think it was very interesting that as of last week her take was that whomever he picked, it won't last. A calculated remark, released at this stage, to subliminally prepare the audience for the inevitable break-up. Yup. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

All entertainment interviews are product placements.

So his new blog is up...obviously nothing earth shattering from Chris, he is afterall an ABC employee. But he does solidify many musings that have been discussed here.

But as I used to joke back when I was a sportscaster, don't let facts get in the way of a good story.
    Exactly…as we have all said Fleiss & Co. tell a STORY

I also very much respected his decision to tell Mel that it's too soon to introduce any of the women to Ty. I think you can see just how protective Jason was of Ty during this process. I got to see it all the time but I was glad you guys got to see the relationship between this father and his son. Melissa handled the whole ordeal like a pro and scored major points with Jason on this date.
    Mel must get to see Ty again, and interact. She passed the test with flying colors!

Pretty bold move going on national television wearing a mud mask. I will say her pores look fantastic!
    Obviously CH is smitten with Mel as well, seems everything she does is “cute”

I was constantly impressed with how well Jason knew these girls and how intuitive he was. He really seemed to understand them and what they were going through. Jason's house was only about a ten minute drive from the Fairmont hotel, which is where the rose ceremony was held.
    I think we have all seen this as well, he is a good listener which is why he is so intuitive.

Steph was very well liked by the cast and crew and she left quite an impression on us all. Deep down I think Jason just wasn't sure he saw a future with Stephanie and felt going to her hometown and drawing this out any further wasn't fair to anyone, especially Steph and her daughter Sophia.
    What can I say, we all thought this of Stephanie

like roses and the word amazing, that just belongs in this show and as long as I'm around it will remain.
    Amazing!

Some mentioned that you saw me on Ellen last week. I would have given you a heads up in last week's blog but it all happened pretty fast. Ellen is a huge fan of our show and has always been so good to us. She gets a special copy of our show the weekend before it airs so she can watch it and talk about it on Monday's show which airs on Tuesday. I have done a ton of these shows over the years and I think it's safe to say Ellen is the best at what she does. She's smart, funny and actually listens instead of just worrying about what her next question will be. Yes, I have a small professional crush on Ellen but I feel like we're all close enough now that I can tell you these things

For all those who thought Ellen & The Bach weren't tight...think again!

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3299963;

That was my immediate thought when I heard Ellen say that..... Also, we haven't heard any more recent professions of bliss from Jason. If anything, his last few interviews have been more subdued.

But, Jason is a good listener, and IMO has good communication skills. If any Bachelor could make it work - then I would think Jason could. But, since it takes two to tango; the girl has to be mature enough to communicate as well.
    I had a hard time reading Chris's reaction to Ellen and am anxiously awaiting his newest blog - anyone know when it will appear?
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3302328;
    That was my immediate thought when I heard Ellen say that..... Also, we haven't heard any more recent professions of bliss from Jason. If anything, his last few interviews have been more subdued.

But, Jason is a good listener, and IMO has good communication skills. If any Bachelor could make it work - then I would think Jason could. But, since it takes two to tango; the girl has to be mature enough to communicate as well.
    I had a hard time reading Chris's reaction to Ellen and am anxiously awaiting his newest blog - anyone know when it will appear?
    Chris' new blog is up now. The one for epsi 5. Read it this morning.

Do you have a link to CH's blog? Thanks

Go to pg 1 of this thread and click on that site - then over on the left, click on The Bachelor host's blog - episode 5. Hope this helps -

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3302328;

There are too many off board rumors that he was a jerk and she has ditched him already for me to Play House with this Happy Couple even one more week, as much as I hope that such rumors are proved wrong. Seems like Jason might have played his hand to please the producers, not the girls. Hope he gets what he was hoping for. Fame, glory, a placement for Ty in the best preschool. Whatever he was after, it seems it wasn't a wife.

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3302834;
    There are too many off board rumors that he was a jerk and she has ditched him already for me to Play House with this Happy Couple even one more week, as much as I hope that such rumors are proved wrong. Seems like Jason might have played his hand to please the producers, not the girls. Hope he gets what he was hoping for. Fame, glory, a placement for Ty in the best preschool. Whatever he was after, it seems it wasn't a wife.

where have you heard these rumours??