Page 57 of 87 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Harrison Blog

FORT Fogey

Re: Chris Harrison Blog

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;3794946;
    Wait. Where did we hear that the producer flew to Virginia to see her 3 times? I must have missed that somehow.
    Wouldn't it be a huge surprise to the PTB if this so called staffer and Rozlyn ended up together in reality. Maybe she got lucky and found her man after all. PTB could take credit for that too.. The success rate for this show has a lot of catching up to do.

I can't imagine that ABC would fabricate this alleged relationship between Roz and the staffer just to get ratings. What they discovered, however, was grievous enough for them to take immediate action, and they would not have done so unless they had concrete proof as well as witnesses. They could have easily just taken her aside and told her to pack up and leave WITHOUT it being aired on TV, then made up some "family emergency" excuse for her absence. Instead they used the incident to foster ratings, and it has obviously been a very successful move on ABC's part.

I've noticed in interviews that they keep asking Rozlyn if she had an affair with the producer, or any sort of illicit relationship with the producer, which of course she continues to deny. I think she's able to emphatically deny it because I don't think it was actually a PRODUCER that was accused of being too chummy with her ... I think it was probably a camera man. Semantics.

CH said it was brought to their attention by some of the girls in the house who were questioning what was going on, yet the women all seemed so surprised when Roz was asked to leave in private with CH, as well as when she announced she was leaving. Who blew the whistle? CH also mentioned that Roz and the staffer were very "brazen" with their actions. Maybe it was just some hugging and snuggling, but even that sounds like it goes against both common sense and the entire premise of the show. The contestants all sign contracts which probably define the rules of their behavior, probably specifically indicating they are not to have any personal contact with the staff during filming. Roz obviously stepped out of line, and regardless of whether it was just a mild flirtation or a full-on romance, she broke some rules and ABC is getting as much mileage out of it as possible. Cripes, they have to do something to make this show interesting -- Jake is as boring as Travis was. ZZZZZzzzzzzzz ......

So there was this brazen affair going on and the girls saw none of it?????? I don't buy it. Think it was something like this: Roz upset can't have contact with her son and also producers tell her not to tell Jake about her son and stirs up big frenzy with the girls. Roz freaks and seeks consolation from a producer who also lets her call her son. She hugs him in thanks. He gets a crush on her and flatters her, etc. He either confides this to some one on staff or they ask him and he admits he likes her. BOOM scandal, Roz gets booted for drama. Its possible they even told Roz and perhaps even paid her to go along with it. Now she disputes CH and keeps the scandal alive and on ETetc. Perfect for the show. I think Roz made out great, air time, sympathy and got to go home early and not endure boring dates with Jake LOL

Quote Originally Posted by bizbachfan;3795144;
    So there was this brazen affair going on and the girls saw none of it?????? I don't buy it. Think it was something like this: Roz upset can't have contact with her son and also producers tell her not to tell Jake about her son and stirs up big frenzy with the girls. Roz freaks and seeks consolation from a producer who also lets her call her son. She hugs him in thanks. He gets a crush on her and flatters her, etc. He either confides this to some one on staff or they ask him and he admits he likes her. BOOM scandal, Roz gets booted for drama. Its possible they even told Roz and perhaps even paid her to go along with it. Now she disputes CH and keeps the scandal alive and on ETetc. Perfect for the show. I think Roz made out great, air time, sympathy and got to go home early and not endure boring dates with Jake LOL

Hi guys - just catching up after returning from a trip.

I watched the episode and read the comments and have to say that, based on available info, I can not fault Chris here. While his reaction was pure drama and way over the top, there is no doubt in my mind that there was something going on between Roz and the staffer. It may have been purely platonic but nevertheless I do not buy the RS story about Roz' kid being the reason.

It's a pity since she was definitely one of the better lookers in the group.

And yes, Jake may be a hunk but he appears somewhat boring.

I am not faulting CH really, its his job. However he is describing this thing as "brazen." I find that hard to believe if none of the women knew about it and not one gave a PI or a reaction that indicated they had any clue. The girls were clearly threatened by Roz and I would have expected one of them to blurt out, "I knew it!" but no they were all shocked. I think RS maybe a little over the top on the Roz boat. I really think she may have been paid to go along with this but also allowed post show to deny it to keep the interest up (or she demanded that in their negotiations)

I mean she had virtually no reaction whatsoever and Jake did not request to talk to her, etc. She was way too calm either way (if there was something going on or if there was not) I really do think she was paid. That my seem far fetched but not really for Fleiss and co.

Quote Originally Posted by bizbachfan;3795144;
    That's kind of what I'm thinking... I think her "inappropriate relationship" is in regards to this producer just befriending her and letting her use the phone to call her son. Which is against the "rules" and therefore, ABC would have cause to release him. When Chris pulls her aside, he said "I'm sure you know what this is about", she's probably thinking it's the meltdown she had about not talking to her son. I can't remember now, but did CH say they got physical or sexual? There's a lot of room for interputation if he said "physical"... Which also brings a question, I wonder if the staff are told they are not to have any "physical" contact with people on the show, even if it was just a hug, that could still give ABC cause.

Quote Originally Posted by bizbachfan;3795158;
    I am not faulting CH really, its his job. However he is describing this thing as "brazen." I find that hard to believe if none of the women knew about it and not one gave a PI or a reaction that indicated they had any clue. The girls were clearly threatened by Roz and I would have expected one of them to blurt out, "I knew it!" but no they were all shocked. I think RS maybe a little over the top on the Roz boat. I really think she may have been paid to go along with this but also allowed post show to deny it to keep the interest up (or she demanded that in their negotiations)

I mean she had virtually no reaction whatsoever and Jake did not request to talk to her, etc. She was way too calm either way (if there was something going on or if there was not) I really do think she was paid. That my seem far fetched but not really for Fleiss and co.
    ITA with this because of one statement the Chris says in his blog... "With Rozlyn we didn't want it to be this public. It was never our intention to make a big deal out of this and we even told her that." YEAH RRRIIIGGGHHHTTT... that's why they taped it and broadcast it on national tv.. Fliess loves this sick crapola, chris is being a good puppet and saying what the puppetmaster tells him too...

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;3794934;
    I think the whole thing is a big to-do about nothing. For some reason Rozlyn was no longer wanted on the show. The producers found/had grounds to dismiss her. They can do ANYTHING per the contrct she signed. She signed away ALL her rights.

Jake was never going to choose her nor was she ever going to be his everlasting love. She just got eliminated earlier than she probably would have and her departure was used to create DRAMA Imagine that

There WAS some sort of relationship between Rozlyn and the crew member that was beyond "normal" for this show. We all know that inappropriate relationships happen to cast members on The Bachelor although most of them we hear about involve Mike Fleiss or The Bachelor himself. It is nothing new, only the publicity is new.
    I just find it hard to get very excited about any of it.

I love Chris Harrison! He has a role to play and does it supurbly! Whatever his duties or his lines, he seldom muffs a cue. He is a character on the show! He is playing his part and he does a damn good job of it. The whole show is a grim fairy tale, a contorted Cinderella.

The producers wanted her gone - she gave them permission to do anything, insinuate anything they wanted - she was gone.

Very well put and I agree whole heartedly. The only problem is that the majority of the viewing public are not aware of all this and many that I talk to (who are sophisticated, well educated, and are blessed with common sense) do not read the message boards, blogs, or articles about frankenbiting,editing,and no longer "dialing it in."

They take it at face value and believe that if the words come out of the person's mouth there must be some truth to it.

I believe some "contestants" (for lack of a better word) sincerely believe when they go on that they would never receive a bad edit even though the contract says they could. They are probably promised the world to get them to go on. From all that I have read it appears Rozlyn believed she would get a good edit since she was a single mom. (Probably thinking who would be low enough to do that to a mom.) It appears she had no idea she was being set up for a "bad" edit (hiding her son from Jake)

So while it is hard for many of us on these message boards to get excited about it there are many who do not realize it is a grim fairy tale at the expense of Rozlyn.

Props to her for holding her head up high, getting her side out as best she can, and moving on. Hopefully something good will come out of this for her.
    Last edited by HowRYa?; 01-13-2010 at 10:59 AM.
    "I was raised to be charming, not sincere." ~Cinderella's Prince Charming ~ Into the Woods

I'm sorry, but I'm just not buying that nothing happened. And I don't think this was because of her son. If I have missed it, someone please show me, but from what I've read she was able to talk to her son, but was ticked that he was not being flown out and she didn't get to talk ABOUT him on the show.

I live in the Richmond, VA area, and honestly there has not been much coverage here, nor have I heard anyone here coming to her defense. I think if she was this innocent party, I would have heard something by now.

Quote Originally Posted by mamatammy;3794942;
    I don't care how much they edit, if these girls didn't say things and act like trash, then nobody could edit them that way. If she was so concerned about how she projected her image to her son, she should have thought of that before she throws her leg in the air getting a photo or wear clothes where everything is hanging out. Think before you act.
    ITA, a little more "left to the imagination" and a little less "flaunt" would raise the bar (as in standard, not booze... there's more than enough of that).