Page 53 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Harrison Blog

FORT Fogey

Re: Chris Harrison Blog

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3794169;
    Most of the "staffers" work on a "gig" basis. They come and go, series by series.
    Perhaps this staffer was simply reassigned. Just because they are released from their duties on TB, doesn't mean their in the unemployment line. Do we have anything that tells us the staffer is actually out of work permanently with ABC?

Most of the "staffers" work on a "gig" basis. They come and go, series by series.
    Harrison may have used the word "fired" in an interview somewhere, but he certainly didn't utter it last night. Talking to Jake, he said the staff member "is no longer working on the show".
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo47;3794173;
    Perhaps this staffer was simply reassigned. Just because they are released from their duties on TB, doesn't mean their in the unemployment line. Do we have anything that tells us the staffer is actually out of work permanently with ABC?
    None of them work for ABC. They work for AND Syndicated/Next, which produces the show, and except at the senior levels, on a free lance basis.

As with all series ... and a lot of employment opportunities for their next gig is based on their reputation by word of mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacheater;3793996;
    Reality TV shows are traditionally non-union, including "The Bachelor." It is one of the reasons the Writer's Guild wanted to add reality show "writers" to their contract last year. It didn't happen, though, because the producers wouldn't stand for it.

I believe I know enough from another forum about sdl's inside sources at ABC-TV to say "wow!" For sdl to independently confirm Reality Steve's source(s) suggests to me that perhaps we could apply the famous FORT sleuthing techniques to get to the bottom of this apparent fraud.

Perhaps there would be some value in the several fellow attorney's I've met through FORT in developing a thread dedicated to the legalities involved in this matter. Defamation, slander, and termination (employment) law are all very complex topics.
    Really, now ... exactly what confirmed from the inside source?

I think all this comes down to is this --- there are contestants not into the premise of the show, and once there, they either maintain that attitude, or they find themselves evolving and embracing the process.

From last season, I'd say Wes and Ed are two not serious about the premise when they began The Bachelorette. In aftermath, I believe it is reasonable to say that Wes is an example of a contestant that played the entire season out as a competition (and even a joke), whereas Ed shifted and found love.

I think Rozlyn looked at her short time this season as an opportunity to have a good time, perhaps professional aspirations had something to do with it, and not so serious about Jake.

So should we consider this so horrendous? No, probably not and most likely not so different from other contestants in seasons past. With that said, something did happen insisted inappropriate enough to dismiss the staff member involved, whatever it was, and unlike previous seasons, whatever occurred between Roz and the staff member interpreted to have crossed a line.

Maybe this type of thing has happened before and nothing done of it. Perhaps they could have just let the staff member go, and not dismiss Rozlyn, too, for after all, like Ed, she too might have shifted and developed sincere feelings about Jake.

No matter what, during last night's episode, Rozlyn didn't put up much of an argument other than commenting that other women had unresolved love interests back home ... I think that little tidbit, on its own, clarifies the issue, or at least it has for me.

Anyway, I don't consider the woman a villain and am hopeful she doesn't make an idiot of herself as Wes has, for, in my opinion, Wes only went south (and continues to go south) from his many after interviews about the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win;3794180;
    As with all series ... and a lot of employment opportunities for their next gig is based on their reputation by word of mouth.
    With all the hanky panky going down in hollywood I seriously doubt this will hurt his career.. producers bed wannbe actresses all the time..

FORT Fogey

Probably just got hooked up with a new gig - The Bachelor Pad.

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3793796;
    CH and his blog just reek of BS. I highlighted much of the BS, but realized that most of this blog entry (the whole blog, maybe?) should be highlighted..

SO many rebuttals, but I'll just make this one.

I don't think there's any way that Chris only found out as he arrived for the 2nd RC, unless he had been completely incommunicado for whatever excuse. With modern technology, he was phoned/tweeted/IM'd/paged/whatever well in advance of the taping. But none of that would be required if it was planned/scripted, except for "normal" communications.

CH's head and words are spinning out of control.
    VelvetRed, I thought the very same thing - that there is NO WAY that Chris Harrison did not know about the Rozlyn scandal until he arrived to prepare for the 2nd Rose Ceremony. I thought that he said in an earlier interview that they had to have a psychologist brought in - not to mention lawyers and various others - to become involved in deciding how to best handle the situation. The way I read CH's other interview, it made it sound like he was very much involved in the "how to best handle the situation".

Some may think that that psychologist was there for the remaining 14 girls, but I bet they were trying to cover all their bases in case Rozlyn didn't react in the manner in which she did. As Chris was talking to Rozlyn, I felt like she was processing in her head the things that he was telling her - like trying to figure out exactly what he alluding to. And all this is happening with a camera pointed right in her face. They definitely made Rozlyn look guilty.

If the blowup that got Rozlyn canned had to do with not being able to talk to her son, maybe the alleged producer provided Rozlyn with a way to talk to her son - maybe by using his cell phone. Could that be deemed inappropriate behavior by the show? Perhaps the "physical" contact was merely a thank you hug for letting her talk to her son and nothing more.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win;3794166;
    See Bloomers, I don't deduce from the term "physical", that is meant to imply "intercourse". Physical to me could be hugs, kissing, holding hands, etc., all of which would be inappropriate inasmuch as all of the women are supposed to talk, walk, think, dream everything Jake.

Seriously, if she was flirtatious and somewhat physical with a staffer, they shouldn't let her go further in the process if they are being fair to their bachelor and living up to their end of their contract with him.

What is fairly bold is firing the staffer in this economy. Finding out who that staffer is will be easy, just look at the credits from one episode to the next. Now it may have been they weren't all that pleased with the staffer to begin with and this was the icing on the cake ... but still a bold step to announce an impropriety. Reputation is huge in this industry for future employment.
    When I associate the word "physical" with this quotation by Ch, "With what you saw last night and with what I just told you there should now be no doubt or questions whatsoever as to what really happened during Rozlynís short time on the show," I believe that he is trying his best to get us to get us to believe sex was involved.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win;3794166;
    See Bloomers, I don't deduce from the term "physical", that is meant to imply "intercourse". Physical to me could be hugs, kissing, holding hands, etc., all of which would be inappropriate inasmuch as all of the women are supposed to talk, walk, think, dream everything Jake.

Seriously, if she was flirtatious and somewhat physical with a staffer, they shouldn't let her go further in the process if they are being fair to their bachelor and living up to their end of their contract with him.

What is fairly bold is firing the staffer in this economy. Finding out who that staffer is will be easy, just look at the credits from one episode to the next. Now it may have been they weren't all that pleased with the staffer to begin with and this was the icing on the cake ... but still a bold step to announce an impropriety. Reputation is huge in this industry for future employment.
    And it may well be that they "fired" this staffer from this show only to hire him for another Fleiss enterprise.
    I'm not saying this happened. I have no clue. But it certainly would not surprise me to find out this was they case. Like a convenient firing.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.