Page 49 of 87 FirstFirst ... 394041424344454647484950515253545556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Harrison Blog

Re: Chris Harrison Blog

The only problem I have buying that some of the girls witnessed the interaction is why wouldn't they have done a PI with even one of those girls? That would by juicy to have to the girl saying, I saw them kissing, etc. I can't see the TPTB passing on that opportunity. Why wouldn't someone who witnessed the interaction said something when all the girls where in the living room after Roz left?

Quote Originally Posted by PinkIsTheWord;3793695;
    The only problem I have buying that some of the girls witnessed the interaction is why wouldn't they have done a PI with even one of those girls? That would by juicy to have to the girl saying, I saw them kissing, etc. I can't see the TPTB passing on that opportunity. Why wouldn't someone who witnessed the interaction said something when all the girls where in the living room after Roz left?
    Easy, to make it seem like everyone was in the dark...more drama

Quote Originally Posted by Ryvetted;3793630;
    several girls in the house independently witnessed the inappropriate behavior firsthand, and they came forward and told producers what was taking place. Second, the staffer came forward and confessed everything himself. He told executive producers everything about his inappropriate physical relationship with Rozlyn."
    This could be anything but probably was something like a high five or a hug. Yep, Rozlyn got thrown under the bus.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by BritLit;3790890;
    I suspect the producers were completely thrilled to have something as interesting as an Extra-Bacheloral relationship to create some drama and interest in the show. Jake has all the personality of a fern and the poise of a squid. The question is what the show will do to keep attention and decent ratings for the rest of the season. l can't imagine that having a dud like Vienna sausage as the "love interest" is going to generate ratings. Obviously, Ali leaving on her own is good for some drama, but mark my words, there will definitely be some other scandal/conflict/revelation before we get to Uncle Wiggily's rose-covered cottage.

As for Rozlyn, it's pretty hard to summon much sympathy for a single mother who leaves her child for a month and half with no guarantee of seeing him and signs a contract which allows producers to portray her in any unfavorable light that suits them! To me, that smacks of desperation to get on a TV show.
    If reports of her having a special needs child is true, it's sad that the child had to cope with other caretakers even if it's relatives bec' his mom went on a bachelor show.

Quote Originally Posted by wmweeza;3793697;
    Easy, to make it seem like everyone was in the dark...more drama
    exactly - if they don't identify who saw it, everyone may think it was someone else. that gets them through the initial reaction. nobody denies what chris is telling them because they all assume some other woman sitting there is the one who saw and told.

as soon as the cocktail party was over i'm sure they were discussing with each other "did you see anything?" and figured out the truth, whatever that might be. but they were kept just enough in the dark to film the segment that TPTB needed

i am willing to bet that many of the PI comments about the situation were taken out of context. i think ashley e. is a bubbly girl who likes to talk, and maybe she said "they're trying to suggest that she is after jake but was fooling around with someone else 3 hours prior but that's just not the case..." you know what i mean. i bet this was salacious enough that girls talked more while thinking less
    _(Moo!)

FORT Fogey

CH was choking up talking to Rozlyn, why so? Rozlyn didn't seem to understand CH when she said her personal life was no one's business and he had to spell it out. Did they edit the more vocal moments from her bec' she was mostly quiet with CH.
    Last edited by seeker; 01-12-2010 at 11:23 AM.

Chris Harrison Blog

Quote:
    Itís been a wild week in Bachelor-ville and we have a lot to discuss, but first let me thank you for making our premiere episode such a huge success. I would love to talk to you about other stuff this week like Aliís cool ĒChicagoĒ date or the games Elizabethís starting to play but the whole time all youíre doing is staring at the ten-ton pink elephant standing in the middle of the room so letís just deal with it shall we? I hope you all had a chance to see for yourself just what happened involvingÖ Rozlyn. The great thing about this blog is now I can take you even deeper into what exactly happened, give you more details, and tell you how it all went down.
    You heard me say in the episode that Rozlyn and one of our staffers entered into an inappropriate relationship. I realize this is somewhat vague and open to interpretation, so let me be more specific. It was an inappropriate relationship that got physical. This was not just about one personís ĒfeelingsĒ for another. We would never go to such extremes because of a schoolyard crush. After extensive research and doing our homework we came to the conclusion without a shadow of a doubt that an inappropriate relationship had occurred. Now the million dollar question: How do we know this? First of all, several girls in the house independently witnessed the inappropriate behavior firsthand, and they came forward and told producers what was taking place. Second, the staffer came forward and confessed everything himself. He told executive producers everything about his inappropriate physical relationship with Rozlyn. As I clearly stated on the show last night, we took what happened very seriously and this staffer was let go immediately. With what you saw last night and with what I just told you there should now be no doubt or questions whatsoever as to what really happened during Rozlynís short time on the show. I can also tell you here that since Rozlyn left the show she and the staffer have continued their relationship and have seen each other several times. Let me be very clear that as unfortunate as all this was there are no ill feelings toward anybody involved and we wish both of them well. In the little time I got to know her, Rozlyn was a very nice young lady and in no way would I ever want to add any undue stress or embarrassment to her life. So thatís what happened, now let me tell you exactly how it happened.
    I arrived to the second rose ceremony just like any other day, but things quickly changed. Executive producers pulled me aside and told me pretty much word for word what I just wrote above. At this point the cocktail party had already started and Jake, the ladies, and the majority of the crew knew nothing about what was going on and were continuing as usual. Once the executive producers gave me the details there was no question as to what had to happen. In the past there have been things, like Wes last season, where we want real life scenarios to play out for the bachelor or bachelorette. But on this occasion, a line was crossed that just couldnít be tolerated and it had to be dealt with immediately. Executive producers told me that I would be the one that would pull Rozlyn aside and explain to her that we knew everything about her relationship with our staffer and that she would have to leave the show immediately. They also informed me that I would also then have to tell Jake and the women.
    I canít begin to tell you how uncomfortable this made me feel. I honestly felt sick to my stomach. I donít know if you noticed in the episode but when I first started talking to her outside I had to pause because I got a little choked up. I was emotional and I can easily say this was one of the toughest things Iíve had to deal with in the eight years Iíve been hosting this show. I thought Rozlyn handled it very well and was dignified about the whole thing. Talking to Rozlyn was tough but telling Jake just flat out sucked. I knew that he really liked this girl and she was, in fact, one of his frontrunners at the time. At first Jake was pissed and I canít blame him. No doubt some of that anger was directed at us and deservedly so.
    Iím sure you could tell but I was pretty much flying by the seat of my pants. There is no formula for this and we really had no idea exactly how Jake would respond. He quickly composed himself and decided that he wanted to be with me when I told the other women. I have to give Jake a ton of credit. I donít know if I could have been as composed having just heard that kind of news. By the time Jake and I joined the women they had seen Rozlyn leave and obviously knew something major had just taken place. You could cut the tension in that room with a knife when we entered. The women were already emotional and I hadnít even told them what happened yet. As I was telling them what exactly happened all I remember is the look in their eyes and how deadly quiet it was in that room. You also have to remember that not all of the crew knew and many of them were finding out as I gave these speeches so they were also stunned. The mood and feeling in the house that night was unlike anything Iíve experienced on this show, and I hope it will be the last time. You also need to understand that this was one of our co-workers and for many a very good friend who had been involved in this and was suddenly not there anymore. So it was a very emotional night for our crew as well. This is the first time where everybody in the house, us included, had to come to grips with something like this at the same time.
    To sum all of this up just let me say again that I wish nothing but the best for these two, I really do. This was an unfortunate incident that played out before all of our eyes. As I said on the show we were not only disappointed but we were a little embarrassed as well. However, since The Bachelor is a reality show it means being truthful about what happened and showing everything that occurred even if it makes us uncomfortable. We take great pride in this show and I will tell you that we have one of the most amazing crews in the business. We have become a tight knit family over the last eight years and it is my sincere hope that we never have to deal with an incident like this ever again. Thank you for all your support and this incident aside we have a phenomenal season ahead of us. I know you will have comments about this and Iím sure more questions. I hope I was able to dispel many wild unfounded rumors and in doing so answer many of your questions in the process. I will be reading your comments and as usual you can always find me on Facebook and Twitter (@chrisbharrison).
    CH and his blog just reek of BS. I highlighted much of the BS, but realized that most of this blog entry (the whole blog, maybe?) should be highlighted..

SO many rebuttals, but I'll just make this one.

I don't think there's any way that Chris only found out as he arrived for the 2nd RC, unless he had been completely incommunicado for whatever excuse. With modern technology, he was phoned/tweeted/IM'd/paged/whatever well in advance of the taping. But none of that would be required if it was planned/scripted, except for "normal" communications.

CH's head and words are spinning out of control.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

I haven't seen the episode, but it sounds like the editors threw Chris under the bus along with Rozlyn. Apparently, he didn't come off looking truthful.

I don't believe him, either -- I think a bunch of what he said this morning was dog doo.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

RS put on his twitter that he's going to be talking about this on some radio station right about now...

Yes, Chris works for the production company that produces the Bachelor and yes, he likes his job enough to toe the company line...BUT...I think, in this case, he is laying it out pretty much as it happened along with his reaction to the events. IMO this was NOT scripted and once the contestants who were witnesses leave the show we will hopefully get more confirmation of this.

Rozlyn is trying to protect herself because of the image she needs to project to her son. Nothing wrong with that...but something happened on set that went beyond friendship, or a man wouldn't have lost his job and a woman wouldn't have been kicked off the show.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)