Page 44 of 87 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Harrison Blog

Re: Chris Harrison Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3371248;
    Jillian, with her golden edit, was extremely popular. She is the next Bachelorette ( as opposed to the "all new bachelorette") because she is being used as part of the damage control to help deal with and smooth over the fallout from this season.
    That's a heavy load to bear for someone as tiny as Jill. But she has a mighty heart and a lot of good wishes to speed her on her journey for the ring. I can't help it. I think of her in terms of quest imagery.
    "The book you are reading is one man's opinion of moonlight" - Young Girl Blues, Donovan Leitch

Quote Originally Posted by Marloon;3371454;
    That's a heavy load to bear for someone as tiny as Jill. But she has a mighty heart and a lot of good wishes to speed her on her journey for the ring. I can't help it. I think of her in terms of quest imagery.
    I agree. She's small, but she's strong.

I can't help but cheer for her chance.

i just wish they would stop recycling bachelor's and bachelorettes. i want somebody new

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by annabanana2;3370909;
    One, I totally "get" that part, it happens every season. I have difficulty when it borders on hate for these people. I didn't have a favorite among the women and I never cared for Jason but I cringe at all the venom. Try as I might I just don't understand. I just watched Ellen fully prepared to see where the investment came from but I saw a well adjusted, in control Melissa. She has moved on and out of all of us she's the only one who had a right to the feelings. I'm not expressing myself very well. Sorry. You are very sweet.

Why would you--or anyone--expect the reaction to trauma to be "logical"?

Emotions are not logical or illogical--they just are.

And whatever they are--each person's emotions are valid and real.

It is far better to express them and acknowledge them and sort them out.

Then people really can "move on."

It is people who keep being told their emotions are "not valid" and "not logical" (as many parents and teachers etc often tell children) who have a hard time later on.

All this venting is *very healthy.*

That is the first thing we're taught when being trained to work with victims and witnesses of traumatic events.

Like the one that happened to millions of viewers this week.

btw--since when is empathy for another human being "bad"?

I am so encouraged to see so many people caring what happens to someone they don't even know.

Gives me hope for the human race.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter;3371296;
    I've watched a few of Chris's interviews and looked over his blog. I get the distinct impression that he'd rather be gut-shot and left for the pigs to get him than have to put up with Jason any further. Facial expression, body language and reading between the lines...I don't think he liked Jason from the beginning.
    Now didn't Chris say him and his wife have spent time with Molly and Jason? I like CH, but he is in show business, we don't know how involved he was in this process.
    "I actually thought our relationship was 50 times better than the other guys. I thought it was my job to come back and get her." Reid R.

Quote Originally Posted by lanikai;3371588;
    Now didn't Chris say him and his wife have spent time with Molly and Jason? I like CH, but he is in show business, we don't know how involved he was in this process.
    Yes, after ATFR #2 if I'm not mistaken. I think they had a couple cold ones in the dressing room.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3371566;
    Why would you--or anyone--expect the reaction to trauma to be "logical"?

Emotions are not logical or illogical--they just are.

And whatever they are--each person's emotions are valid and real.

It is far better to express them and acknowledge them and sort them out.

Then people really can "move on."

It is people who keep being told their emotions are "not valid" and "not logical" (as many parents and teachers etc often tell children) who have a hard time later on.

All this venting is *very healthy.*

That is the first thing we're taught when being trained to work with victims and witnesses of traumatic events.

Like the one that happened to millions of viewers this week.

btw--since when is empathy for another human being "bad"?

I am so encouraged to see so many people caring what happens to someone they don't even know.

Gives me hope for the human race.
    The caring/empathy part IS good..it's the judgmental part that is most telling. IMHO

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by annabanana2;3371721;
    The caring/empathy part IS good..it's the judgmental part that is most telling. IMHO
    Exactly no point in caring and empathy if the way to achieve that is tearing down and vilifying others.

All this batting back and forth is exhausting. I think everyone needs to let it rest. Lets get on a roll for next season.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Pdilly1;3371790;
    All this batting back and forth is exhausting. I think everyone needs to let it rest. Lets get on a roll for next season.
    I agree. So much effort and emotion in this all. How about we direct this to those who really need our empathy and concern? Homeless, abused, illiterate, etc. We could do so much good.