Page 21 of 87 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303171 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Harrison Blog

Re: Chris Harrison Blog

Quote Originally Posted by PDXgal;3334572;
    Seriously!!!! Does anyone know how long the confidentiality/non-disclosure clause in their contract is? And why hasn't this been done yet?
    Their obligation to never speak about the events that occurred during filming, except as expressly permitted by producers never sunsets, if the usual form was used.

Their obligation to do publicity on demand, appear for follow-up programming such as ATFR and Where are they now segments, sunset one year from airing of finale.

Their obligation to appear and act as a Happy Couple sunsets a month or two from airing of finale. (Matt/Shayne cut that pretty close, as I recall.)

The odds of being sued for breach of confidentiality go way down, after finale airs (the ratings drive the advertising pricing and therefore revenues), and the next season is or isn't renewed by the network, because corporate revenues are not really at stake. Though there could still be damage to the "Bachelor" "brand" reputation, goodwill, etc. from candid disclosures about lack of reality, casting for roles, scripting of scenes, manipulation of outcomes.

Breaches of these confidentiality clauses happen all the time.

At least 10-20 of the most tenured, most senior staff (the names you can read when credits roll) for example essentially publish the filming schedule, together with photos, to the internet. So query how "important" it really is or isn't that the finale outcome be held confidential?!

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3335427;

Their obligation to appear and act as a Happy Couple sunsets a month or two from airing of finale. (Matt/Shayne cut that pretty close, as I recall.)
    Does that apply to First Fiancee, Second Fiancee, or "the one he ended up with"?

FORT Fogey

Their obligation to never speak about the events that occurred during filming, except as expressly permitted by producers never sunsets, if the usual form was used.

Their obligation to do publicity on demand, appear for follow-up programming such as ATFR and Where are they now segments, sunset one year from airing of finale.

The odds of being sued for breach of confidentiality go way down, after finale airs (the ratings drive the advertising pricing and therefore revenues), and the next season is or isn't renewed by the network, because corporate revenues are not really at stake. Though there could still be damage to the "Bachelor" "brand" reputation, goodwill, etc. from candid disclosures about lack of reality, casting for roles, scripting of scenes, manipulation of outcomes.

At least 10-20 of the most tenured, most senior staff (the names you can read when credits roll) for example essentially publish the filming schedule, together with photos, to the internet. So query how "important" it really is or isn't that the finale outcome be held confidential?!
    So, if everything is as it is being said, tell me how this one fits this season? When all this came down, we weren't even at the Fantasy Dates let alone the FRC.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Fogey

If it all really does go down the way RS has stated, then how can CH say "it took a lot of guts for Jason to do what he did" (something along those lines/just paraphrasing) when he had so much compassion for Deanna when Brad didn't choose anyone? AND his attitude towards Brad on the ATFR show was less than friendly. Why wasn't CH of the opinion that it took a lot of guts for Brad to do what he did? Also, I read a post where someone saw a recent interview where CH and Jason were laughing, and joking about what is in store... How can CH condone this - - again, if it all really does go down the way RS has stated?

How can CH condone this - - again, if it all really does go down the way RS has stated?
    That's easy. TPTB (& that includes CH) don't see the women as people. They are characters on "The Bachelor" show, to be used as the show sees fit & then discarded. The women sign contracts leaving it all up to the show, so they don't have a leg to stand on. I think that after all these seasons, any scruples or compassion from anyone associated with the making of the show are long gone. Anything for a buck!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3335442;
    So, if everything is as it is being said, tell me how this one fits this season? When all this came down, we weren't even at the Fantasy Dates let alone the FRC.
    Two ideas:

(1) violations are not punishable by prison or death or torture
    (2) network may be aware/complicit

FORT Fanatic

Thanks, Jlccaz!

I would have guessed 1-5 years but never evergreen clauses.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet;3335522;
    How can CH condone this - - again, if it all really does go down the way RS has stated?
    That's easy. TPTB (& that includes CH) don't see the women as people. They are characters on "The Bachelor" show, to be used as the show sees fit & then discarded. The women sign contracts leaving it all up to the show, so they don't have a leg to stand on. I think that after all these seasons, any scruples or compassion from anyone associated with the making of the show are long gone. Anything for a buck!
    I completely agree with the anything for a buck. He's a paid salesman for the show. I mean, what else does CH really do? Also, Jason can be likeable but he also could have done the wrong thing. And after suffering through 16 of these seasons (12 Bach/4 Bachelorette), maybe the thrill is gone and a shake up or new twist makes him feel good. I mean, how many times can you read the same damn script.

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3335482;
    If it all really does go down the way RS has stated, then how can CH say "it took a lot of guts for Jason to do what he did" (something along those lines/just paraphrasing) when he had so much compassion for Deanna when Brad didn't choose anyone? AND his attitude towards Brad on the ATFR show was less than friendly. Why wasn't CH of the opinion that it took a lot of guts for Brad to do what he did? Also, I read a post where someone saw a recent interview where CH and Jason were laughing, and joking about what is in store... How can CH condone this - - again, if it all really does go down the way RS has stated?
    Another reason why I'm beginning to think RS may have been expertly played as well as everyone on all the boards. Maybe the early releases of the SC were staged with Molly, Melissa (maybe Jillian) and Jason all doing several fake scenes to throw everyone off. They would do this because a) they're under contract and b) why not???

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by just logic;3335827;
    Another reason why I'm beginning to think RS may have been expertly played as well as everyone on all the boards. Maybe the early releases of the SC were staged with Molly, Melissa (maybe Jillian) and Jason all doing several fake scenes to throw everyone off. They would do this because a) they're under contract and b) why not???
    My hubby thought the same thing. He asked why they wouldn't just do shots with Jason proposing to each of the final 2. I replied that I didn't think that any girl would go for that if she was getting dumped. He said that TPTB could phrase it as test shots before the actual thing and phrase it as "here's what it will be like if Jason proposes to you tomorrow (later/etc.)."