Page 14 of 87 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Harrison Blog

Re: Chris Harrison Blog

Stunning to me means beautiful and positive. Wedding?

ok, those doll videos are PRICELESS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Minney;3313714;
    IDK... why can't a guy who is compassionate, employed, honest, loyal, nice looking, a great father, fun loving, healthy and caring be considered a good catch? Have our standards become so high that it's almost unrealistic to consider an (above) average Joe a bad catch? Not everyone is an "Andrew Firestone" type and not everyone wants that type either. If what Mel's friends indicated regarding her past BF's maybe Jason's type is just what she needs, someone who cares for her for all the right reasons and treats her accordingly. Nothing wrong with that but I guess it might be boring for some...

He was enough of a catch that DeAnna kept him around for a while. She could have let him go the first night. Andrew Firestone isn't a catch for me, he maybe rich but that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryvetted;3326509;
    Funny that the camera crew had to turn away because of Jason and Jill's hot tub moment! lol!
    Forget the camera crew turning away...I thought I had flipped to Cinemax after hours for a minute. WOW. I made my daughter close her eyes (she's only 14 for pete's sake).

Reality TV doesn't exist theRealist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ryvetted;3326500;
    Chris said "I've been hosting this show for over seven years now and I've never seen anything like this season. From start to finish it has been unlike anything we have ever put on the air.

.....It had less to do with great producing and more to do with good old-fashioned human emotion. The theory that this is all produced or scripted cracks me up. Don't you think if we scripted all these endings, we would come up with a perfect love story or crazy twist every time? The truth is, and I think this is the greatest thing about our show, in the end it's not a game, it's real people trying to make a real life decision, and when that is fake you can tell. When it's not, it makes for unbelievably compelling TV."
    Thanks Ryvetted for posting.

Just a few of my thoughts:

CH says:

It had less to do with great producing and more to do with good old-fashioned human emotion.

In other words, TPTB may not of needed to edit as much because they already manipulated the storyline so that there would be MORE emotion involved.

The theory that this is all produced or scripted cracks me up.

Why would that make you laugh, but wait you did say the word ALL.

Don't you think if we scripted all these endings, we would come up with a perfect love story or crazy twist every time?

Ah, no. How can you come up with a perfect love story when the camera's stop rolling you have no more control over anyone? Never a crazy twist on TB? Come on CH, remember Brad's season?

The truth is, and I think this is the greatest thing about our show, in the end it's not a game, it's real people trying to make a real life decision, and when that is fake you can tell. When it's not, it makes for unbelievably compelling TV.

Ok, I understand now, that is why TPTB over edits scenes so that nothing makes sense anymore.

Sorry CH not buying it and deep down neither are you.
    Last edited by theRealist; 02-17-2009 at 03:10 AM. Reason: typo

Canada's High Arctic, on the Arctic Ocean

Quote Originally Posted by cupcakes;3326512;
    Interesting comment.
    Yes Cupcakes...I caught that comment too from CH. Hmmmmm....very interesting that CH comments that Jason is always questioning his feelings about Jillian and Melissa...well we know where that got Jillian...could the same fate happen to Melissa...not right away perhaps, but a bit later. And so interesting that CH comments that Jason questions Molly's feeling for him....hmmmmm....the plot thickens! (insert rubs chin emote)! Thanks
    Karey

ok I haven't watched this epi yet but why would Jason's scene with Jill be so hot and then she gets the friend card? makes no sense to me? why does Jason seem to smooch everyone right before sending them packing? I mean FD is different... but

Quote Originally Posted by theRealist;3326623;
    Thanks Ryvetted for posting.

Just a few of my thoughts:

CH says:

It had less to do with great producing and more to do with good old-fashioned human emotion.

In other words, TPTB may not of needed to edit as much because they already manipulated the storyline so that there would be MORE emotion involved.

The theory that this is all produced or scripted cracks me up.

Why would that make you laugh, but wait you did say the word ALL.

Don't you think if we scripted all these endings, we would come up with a perfect love story or crazy twist every time?

Ah, no. How can you come up with a perfect love story when the camera's stop rolling you have no more control over anyone? Never a crazy twist on TB? Come on CH, remember Brad's season?

The truth is, and I think this is the greatest thing about our show, in the end it's not a game, it's real people trying to make a real life decision, and when that is fake you can tell. When it's not, it makes for unbelievably compelling TV.

Ok, I understand now, that is why TPTB over edits scenes so that nothing makes sense anymore.

Sorry CH not buying it and deep down neither are you.
    Excellent analysis theRealist.

CH chose his words very carefully. It appears he is using his blog for pre-emptive strikes and damage control. I am not buying it either.

CH is always the company man.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;3326798;
    Excellent analysis theRealist.

CH chose his words very carefully. It appears he is using his blog for pre-emptive strikes and damage control. I am not buying it either.

CH is always the company man.
    There has always been this great love and admiration for all things Chris Harrison, but I have always said that he was a company man towing the line. Also, I still maintain that you get his true perspective on the people involved in retrospect, sometimes even a year or two later, i.e., PLO.

However, I am going to give him this one. He nailed it as far as the 3 internet groups who watch the show: those who watch for the entertainment ( those I call our cynics), the romantics, and those looking for the clues - the sluthes, editors, etc. So, he is aware of us!
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Cynic (I prefer Realist, of course) here. The whole CH blog was a talking points document to address FORT and RS. Boardies are probably the only ones who read it anyway so this time he took down the "fourth wall." Kind of a theme this season.