Page 12 of 87 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Harrison Blog

Re: Chris Harrison Blog

Quote Originally Posted by natashapierre;3303522;
    I think all you have to do to make something seem valuable is to tell people that they're in a contest to win it.

That's the secret behind the whole Bachelor series really, isn't it?

In Jason's case -- well, he's a divorced insurance salesman in his mid-30s with custody of a three-year-old boy and he doesn't have much (anything?) interesting to say. In the real world, that would not spell "catch" to anyone, let alone to a 25-year-old alum of the Dallas Cowboys cheerleading squad. But in a contest -- Many of us are so hard-wired for competition that we'd fight for a dead fish if a contest were set up to "win" it, I expect.

Maybe that's why Jason went on the show. Real life has shown him that nobody regards him as a catch, but on the Bachelor, *anybody* can be a catch. So he signed up. Of course, if he thought of that, maybe he's kind of smart after all.
    IDK... why can't a guy who is compassionate, employed, honest, loyal, nice looking, a great father, fun loving, healthy and caring be considered a good catch? Have our standards become so high that it's almost unrealistic to consider an (above) average Joe a bad catch? Not everyone is an "Andrew Firestone" type and not everyone wants that type either. If what Mel's friends indicated regarding her past BF's maybe Jason's type is just what she needs, someone who cares for her for all the right reasons and treats her accordingly. Nothing wrong with that but I guess it might be boring for some...

Quote Originally Posted by Minney;3313714;
    IDK... why can't a guy who is compassionate, employed, honest, loyal, nice looking, a great father, fun loving, healthy and caring be considered a good catch? Have our standards become so high that it's almost unrealistic to consider an (above) average Joe a bad catch? Not everyone is an "Andrew Firestone" type and not everyone wants that type either. If what Mel's friends indicated regarding her past BF's maybe Jason's type is just what she needs, someone who cares for her for all the right reasons and treats her accordingly. Nothing wrong with that but I guess it might be boring for some...
    I could see making a life with someone like Jason. I think most of my co-workers watching the show have a soft spot for him. He is a regular person trying to make a good life for himself and his son. Who is actually looking for a committed relationship.

I agree. I remember thinking during Deanna's season that Jason was special, not only for being a single father, but because he listened much more attentively than others...great traits in a mate. I also remember that many people expressed the wish that the bachelor be more down to earth...maybe not Joe the Plumber, but not necessarily Tire Heir or Doctor or Royalty. Jason did fit the description.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

FORT Fanatic

I agree with you wholeheartedly, Minney. I think Jason is a great catch; he seems genuinely kind and compassionate and is emotionally expressive. And I agree with Jason when he describes his listening ability as one of his greatest attributes. Having taught couples communication classes for the last ten years as part of my clinical practice, he epitomizes what I teach in terms of active listening. And as Jillian told her cousin, his ability to do so fosters a sense of being cared about in the other person. Recent study found that the number one reason couples get divorced is that either one or both end up feeling invalidated. I think Jason's communication style is very validating of the other person (per Melissa "he makes me feel worthy).

FORT Fogey

I agree that Jason is all those very nice things, and I like Jason. Seems like he would make a good husband.

However, he's basically a regular guy who is also divorced with custody of a three-year-old. In my real life, I've had several friends and relations go through similar situations and then try to date -- and by reports, they have not been considered "catches" by the dating world. I've heard too many stories of people -- childless women, especially -- ultimately backing way off of folks, and especially guys, with custody of little kids, no matter how nice they are. Now, maybe people I know just run in the wrong circles, but the circles they run in seem pretty average to me. I'm extremely skeptical that the childless younger women, especially, would consider Jason a big catch in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by dixiechick80;3315740;
    I agree with you wholeheartedly, Minney. I think Jason is a great catch; he seems genuinely kind and compassionate and is emotionally expressive. And I agree with Jason when he describes his listening ability as one of his greatest attributes. Having taught couples communication classes for the last ten years as part of my clinical practice, he epitomizes what I teach in terms of active listening. And as Jillian told her cousin, his ability to do so fosters a sense of being cared about in the other person. Recent study found that the number one reason couples get divorced is that either one or both end up feeling invalidated. I think Jason's communication style is very validating of the other person (per Melissa "he makes me feel worthy).
    I agree, Jason is a caring Dad, responsible in every way that we can see, and would seem to be a very loving partner. Jason is by far the best the tptb has ever had on the show, IMO.

FORT Fogey

Maybe Jason showed guts because though he is in love with Melissa and another woman, he let Melissa go because he recognized the feeling as lust and also there were too many things unclear about Melissa.

This would allow us to have the privacy we needed. They were happy to help but not knowing we were doing this for privacy, the city sent out a press release announcing that the street would be closed for the shooting of the Bachelor television show
    Does anyone know the date of the city's press release?

When does CH's blog come out? Tonight or in the morning?

New blog just posted. He says Jason didn't meet any of the women before the show, including Melissa. Goes on about rumors getting started, etc. Very little recap, to be honest. Says Jason wore an ugly tie before the F3 ceremony, so they ran and got one of Chris H.'s ties and had him use that instead. Still doesn't explain the two ties we see on screen not matching, if ya ask me.

On the spoiler front, he addresses the cryptic preview and says what happens is so "stunning and dramatic" that they had to do a closed set. Jason at least faces Jillian for a talk at the WTA. No mention of him meeting with the other women or Naomi. Also says due to unusual circumstances, he'll blog an extra time after the after after show.