Page 1 of 582 123456789101151101501 ... LastLast

Thread: B13 Thoughts and Comments

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

B13 Thoughts and Comments

Since there seems to be more commenting and speculating than spoiling this early in the season, I thought I would start a more appropriate thread.

I'll start off with a copy of my post in the spoiler thread:
    I am going to buy a ticket on the long shot pony in this race. I may be tearing up that ticket at the F9 or F6, but I think this filly has potential. I've been reading posts decrying that Jason would take a young 24 year old to the finals, and realize that the other contestants thought to make the finish line are also in their mid-twenties. So, I'm backing Sharon before the race begins. She is 35 and, since losing her job, is mobile. She is used to cold weather being from New York state - and she has the cutest smile and dimples. She very well could be the umbrella girl and the bungee girl.

Of course I'll have to see how "they" allow her to run the race - is she hidden? If so, is it because there is nothing to show, or does she capture his heart?

I've been snookered most shows - most notably ignoring the Shayne signs; which are similar to the Melissa signs with the early, heavy buzz. Melissa could very well win this race, but I've always been drawn to the dark horses.
    I'm also going to add a thought about Melissa being a rebound and DeAnna being flown to NZ to test this theory. Perhaps the producers were concerned that Melissa was a rebound - and they rarely work out - and were concerned about the post season. Perhaps they flew DeAnna in so Jason could gain some perspective and (hopefully?) some closure before moving on to a commitment with a woman who resembles her.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Re: B13 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3259197;
    Since there seems to be more commenting and speculating than spoiling this early in the season, I thought I would start a more appropriate thread.

I'll start off with a copy of my post in the spoiler thread:

I'm also going to add a thought about Melissa being a rebound and DeAnna being flown to NZ to test this theory. Perhaps the producers were concerned that Melissa was a rebound - and they rarely work out - and were concerned about the post season. Perhaps they flew DeAnna in so Jason could gain some perspective and (hopefully?) some closure before moving on to a commitment with a woman who resembles her.
    That was my initial thought as well...
    You never get a second chance to make a first impression.

I am beginning to think that maybe Jason was smitten with Melissa pretty much from the get go, and this became so obvious as things moved to New Zealand that the producers threw Deanna into the mix just to keep the interest level up (although it also may have been, as Arielflies says, that they wanted to be sure that Melissa wasn't just a rebound, look-alike to Deanna and that the relationship had some potential to last until the show aired). This would give creedence (along with his maybe just not connecting with them) of why he sent all of the moms home, as well as some of the more apparently invested ones (think monkey), before the final three.

FORT Fogey

In light of the rumor that Melissa is the F1 and the speculation that she might have been that one from the first, it will be interesting to see if she gets an 1-1 and particularly which one does she get?

Does she get a romantic 1-1, or does she perhaps get the Lego date which might show her more in a playful type situation?

We know that although most of the dates are set up by the producers, we know that at least Andy was very instrumental in getting his 1-1 date with Tessa which was romantic and which happened immediately after she showed reluctance to stay on. We also know that she had already been involved in a 2-1 date. Since that date was a tour of a naval ship hospital and was supposed to be reflective of Andy's everyday life, I believe he asked that Tessa be included in that date also so that she would see his lifestyle. There was enough pre-show info and editing that indicated that he was extremely interested in Tessa from the very start.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 80'sdiva;3259205;
    i'm a HUGE sharon fan too!! Not that I really know her or know all that much about her, ha ha, but she is really cute and looks like a happy person, but who knows. Also, i have to always root for the teachers!!! I am an underdog supporter as well, I was wanting Elizabeth to win on Travis's season and she went out like in the 2nd round!! Hopefully Sharon goes far!!
    I brought 80's diva's post over from the spoiler thread to comment here. I was also a fan of Elizabeth pre-show and even edited a picture to make it seem like she and Travis were sitting closer together than they were - LOL. As you say, at least she made it to the 15. To keep with my racetrack analogy - most of my fillies have either faded fast or lost by a nose...Moana, Bevin, Amanda. I've had only one winner from a pre-show picture pick and that was Sarah B from Charlie's season; maybe that is why I like his season so much (besides the zaniness).

I'm not going to champion anyone to the point of disappointment, but I am interested to watch the supposed front runners, as well as a few of those back in the pack. Seeing the personalities emerge will be huge.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fan

It seems as if Jason had a eye on his final 1 very early on, he said in an interview that he had given that the relationship with him and the final 1 was the same wheter the cameras were rolling or not

Quote Originally Posted by nikiniki;3259219;
    It seems as if Jason had a eye on his final 1 very early on, he said in an interview that he had given that the relationship with him and the final 1 was the same wheter the cameras were rolling or not
    if i remember right he said she was the same whether or not the camaras was rolling

Maybe we need a Bach/ette Rant thread?

I have to comment on the Trista-love, since there have been so many posts about Trista and Ryan, even on this season's threads.

IMO, Trista is the biggest (and most successful) fame-you-know-what of them all (on this franchise). Yes, she married someone she met on this franchise, and he seems to be a heckuva guy. But they're both milking the fame/money cow to the max, and are exploiting their children. So I kinda have trouble with people thinking that they are the big "love story" of this franchise.

Some of the same people who trash DeAnna for allegedly breaking up with Jesse (because ABC wouldn't finance their televised wedding) continue to worship Trista. I barely got through watching Trista's season and felt sorry for Ryan.

Yes, I'm jaded about reality shows.

I now consider the Bach/ette shows to be pure entertainment, and I am watching the train rumble along, from close enough to see, but from far enough to not get injured when the train derails.

Because of the jadedness, I am wishing Melissa and others and Jason the best. Even though they are real people, they are characters on a heavily editted show, and IMO, it would be a miracle if any of them found real, true, lasting love via this show.

All that said, I will most likely watch this season, even though I don't really get all the Jason hype. I think many viewers are/will be caught up in the "divorced dad who got dumped at the altar, and isn't Ty cute" thing.

I don't really understand anyone who would go on a reality show, especially this one (but yes, there are worse ones), unless they are after fame/furthering-their-career and money.

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3260276;

I have to comment on the Trista-love, since there have been so many posts about Trista and Ryan, even on this season's threads.

IMO, Trista is the biggest (and most successful) fame-you-know-what of them all (on this franchise). Yes, she married someone she met on this franchise, and he seems to be a heckuva guy. But they're both milking the fame/money cow to the max, and are exploiting their children. So I kinda have trouble with people thinking that they are the big "love story" of this franchise.

Some of the same people who trash DeAnna for allegedly breaking up with Jesse (because ABC wouldn't finance their televised wedding) continue to worship Trista. I barely got through watching Trista's season and felt sorry for Ryan.

I now consider the Bach/ette shows to be pure entertainment, and I am watching the train rumble along, from close enough to see, but from far enough to not get injured when the train derails.

Because of the jadedness, I am wishing Melissa and others and Jason the best. Even though they are real people, they are characters on a heavily editted show, and IMO, it would be a miracle if any of them found real, true, lasting love via this show.

All that said, I will most likely watch this season, even though I don't really get all the Jason hype. I think many viewers are/will be caught up in the "divorced dad who got dumped at the altar, and isn't Ty cute" thing.

I don't really understand anyone who would go on a reality show, especially this one (but yes, there are worse ones), unless they are after fame/furthering-their-career and money.
    Good post and I T A!
    Except if I was a couple decades younger I might try TAR or Survivor or even BB.
    The entertainment value and beautiful scenery and fantasy of some of the dates make this show a must see for me.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3260276;

The goal of the Bachelor is to find love on the show and get married. So, Trista is a successful story. I don't worship her, and I have never bashed Deanna and Jessie, but I love a true love story, even one from a reality show, especially they remained married for almost 5 years, and are expecting their second child.
    I don't find anything wrong with them "milking fame/money cow". If they continue to show up on the media, that means they are "marketable", that they have fans who want to know more about them. Heck, I think they are more interesting than Paris Hilton! Ryan still works in the fire station, from what I read recently. He still has a "normal" job.
    I have to respectfully disagree with your last statement. Yes, some go on the show looking for fame/money (Jesse receiving sponsor money, correct me if I am wrong) but most remain anonymous after the show: Tessa, Jennifer from PLo's season, just to name a couple. Frankly, I wouldn't mind learning more about some of my favorites: Bettina and Sadie among them.

Call me naive, I am still hoping for a love story from this show