Page 8 of 582 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108508 ... LastLast

Thread: B13 Thoughts and Comments

Re: B13 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by FairyTaleLove;3262184;
    I've tried convincing myself it's fiction. LOL I tried that with Jason, but I just adored him so much I couldn't help myself. I got invested because I cared more about him than I did about DeAnna.

But then, I posted an experience a friend of mine had on a "reality" home makeover show (on Megan's thread) and seeing what they turned her into? She's the sweetest person you'd ever meet and they turned her into a bitch. She called me and told me they were going to and that they'd encouraged her to answer questions in certain ways, act certain ways, be outraged about things she wasn't, even cry if she could.

She told me that the producers knew going in what characters they wanted to show -- she was the bitch unhappy with the room and her husband was the poor, beleagured man. Nothing at all like they are.

Ever since hearing about that, it's made me look at reality shows in a totally different light. They'll create the characters they want, no matter what the person is like, I think.
    I don't know if you watch Survivor, but at the last finale they talked about what you mention above concerning the edit.
    From what Jeff Probst and cast related there were some people who felt they were not betrayed "nasty" enough and others given that "nasty" character who the cast said were great people.
    Strange but true.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;3262190;
    I don't know if you watch Survivor, but at the last finale they talked about what you mention above concerning the edit.
    From what Jeff Probst and cast related there were some people who felt they were not betrayed "nasty" enough and others given that "nasty" character who the cast said were great people.
    Strange but true.
    Alas..the story unfolds much to the desire of the storyteller....which happens to be Fleiss. And unfortunatley we are made to see the story through his eyes and "masterful" interpretations. Movies/stories are only as good as their teller.... which is why we are normally left at the end of these seasons feeling "cheated" and "dis-satisfied"...

Quote Originally Posted by FairyTaleLove;3262184;
    I've tried convincing myself it's fiction. LOL I tried that with Jason, but I just adored him so much I couldn't help myself. I got invested because I cared more about him than I did about DeAnna.

But then, I posted an experience a friend of mine had on a "reality" home makeover show (on Megan's thread) and seeing what they turned her into? She's the sweetest person you'd ever meet and they turned her into a bitch. She called me and told me they were going to and that they'd encouraged her to answer questions in certain ways, act certain ways, be outraged about things she wasn't, even cry if she could.

She told me that the producers knew going in what characters they wanted to show -- she was the bitch unhappy with the room and her husband was the poor, beleagured man. Nothing at all like they are.

Ever since hearing about that, it's made me look at reality shows in a totally different light. They'll create the characters they want, no matter what the person is like, I think.
    Yeah, I see what you mean. They put the ladies in situations that cause a lot of tention to create drama. It's the emotional highs and lows of the show that make it so interesting. I always know that there will be some that I am more invested in than others.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Living;3262106;
    Just pondering and considering.

1. In Jason's first interview after filming he indicated the woman he chooses has gone through some (hallowing) experiences to make her stronger and define her.
    2. He also said recently that the woman knows who she is. Likely that this woman has passed the stage of seeking instant thrills, has an occupation that she is satisfied with and it is not just a stepping stone to something else. He has had that with his ex and Deanna he does not want another.
    3. In the last preview he said he said " I had absolutely no idea it was going to turn out this way". He came on the show to fall in love. He was confident he will fall in love because it had happened before. There must be something extra here for the turn out this way statement. Another kid??
    To me those comments point to Stephanie, the widow with a child. I also think it could be her in some of the later SC that others attribute to Melissa or Jillian.

i think stephanie is too tall to be mistaken for melissa or jillian in later SCs

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by counthestarsxo;3262245;
    i think stephanie is too tall to be mistaken for melissa or jillian in later SCs
    Garden (monkey) hugging girl still has one foot on the ground. Her other leg is just up. It is not the full monkey hug with both legs wrapped around his waist.

Quote Originally Posted by forever;3262248;
    Garden (monkey) hugging girl still has one foot on the ground. Her other leg is just up. It is not the full monkey hug with both legs wrapped around his waist.
    Are you looking at just a single SC?!? If you watch the series of SC's of that scene - you will see that they actually spin around and both feet come off the ground.
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3262252;
    Are you looking at just a single SC?!? If you watch the series of SC's of that scene - you will see that they actually spin around and both feet come off the ground.
    The only SC I have seen is the one posted together with 3 other SC; a back view of a girl sharing a blanket with Jason, the bungie jump picture, & the PDL picture. If there is a video, could you direct me to it?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by forever;3262256;
    The only SC I have seen is the one posted together with 3 other SC; a back view of a girl sharing a blanket with Jason, the bungie jump picture, & the PDL picture. If there is a video, could you direct me to it?

Thanks!
    Blanket sharing - assumed to be Naomi
    Bungee jump assumed to be Sharon
    PDL That is the million $ question!

What is PDL?