Page 7 of 582 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107507 ... LastLast

Thread: B13 Thoughts and Comments

Re: B13 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by hopelessroman;3262095;
    I think they are going to paint her as the sweet teacher that would make a perfect Mom for Ty.
    That is certainly a possible plot....and we are pretty sure that it is Sharon who is bungee jumping so that leaves here there until at least F3. Some have suggested Sharon is also purple dress girl

I for one and tired of specualting until we get more SCs

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3262092;
    On thing to note is that they did not mention that Sarah Stone had quit her job to come on the show; in fact if you will remember, on her hometown date Travis met Sarah and a group of "her students" and their parents in a park. We found out later through posters ( mothers of those kids) that those were students from her previous year when she was still teaching.

The storyline was that Sarah Stone was this loving, dedicated teacher. Let's face it....to show her as quitting her job to come on the show would appear to many as contradictory in terms and would have been highly controversial in itself. It would have ruined their storyline.

Now what is Sharon's storyline going to be? Is she a fantastic, dedicated loving teacher, or is she a teacher so looking for love that she is willing to quit her job and take the chance on coming on the show to find it?

Although things are usually never as cut and tried as they appear on this show, there will be a storyline that will try to make it look one particular way. The question is: what is Sharon's storyline going to be?

True about Sarah, but regardless, she did it. Didn't make her a bad teacher, just believed she could find love and was able to do it. I am totally not saying that you are saying that Sharon is a bad teacher, heck we don't know nothing about her, except from the small blurb about her kids loving her. I guess that was the best choice for her, so she did it. Honestly, I hope its a nice storyline for her but if not, then its not. But it seems like she makes it pretty far so, maybe Jason gets more of the story than we probably will.
    Sing it!!-Arizona Robbins

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by hopelessroman;3262095;
    I think they are going to paint her as the sweet teacher that would make a perfect Mom for Ty.
    If she is one of the F2 like many are surmising ( I am having trouble seeing her small boned, small framed body in the backshot of the purple dress), then regardless of how Jason really felt about her, we will see her as 1 of the two ways imo:

F2 - the not so dedicated teacher who left her job to find love on a reality tv show ( "desperate" character as someone said)

F1 - sweet teacher , athletic lady ( bungee jumper) to match Jason, and perfect future stepmom for Ty.

I think her final placement might determine which storyline she gets, so we need to start watching the storyline develop on her.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Fogey

Just pondering and considering.

1. In Jason's first interview after filming he indicated the woman he chooses has gone through some (hallowing) experiences to make her stronger and define her.
    2. He also said recently that the woman knows who she is. Likely that this woman has passed the stage of seeking instant thrills, has an occupation that she is satisfied with and it is not just a stepping stone to something else. He has had that with his ex and Deanna he does not want another.
    3. In the last preview he said he said " I had absolutely no idea it was going to turn out this way". He came on the show to fall in love. He was confident he will fall in love because it had happened before. There must be something extra here for the turn out this way statement. Another kid??

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3262092;
    On thing to note is that they did not mention that Sarah Stone had quit her job to come on the show; in fact if you will remember, on her hometown date Travis met Sarah and a group of "her students" and their parents in a park. We found out later through posters ( mothers of those kids) that those were students from her previous year when she was still teaching.

The storyline was that Sarah Stone was this loving, dedicated teacher. Let's face it....to show her as quitting her job to come on the show would appear to many as contradictory in terms and would have been highly controversial in itself. It would have ruined their storyline.

Now what is Sharon's storyline going to be? Is she a fantastic, dedicated loving teacher, or is she a teacher so looking for love that she is willing to quit her job and take the chance on coming on the show to find it?

Although things are usually never as cut and tried as they appear on this show, there will be a storyline that will try to make it look one particular way. The question is: what is Sharon's storyline going to be?
    Why not both a dedicated teacher that is looking for her Mr Right, who she thinks is Jason and is willing to take a risk to meet him? I just hope that if it didn't work out for her, it works out in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Living;3262106;
    Just pondering and considering.

1. In Jason's first interview after filming he indicated the woman he chooses has gone through some (hallowing) experiences to make her stronger and define her.
    2. He also said recently that the woman knows who she is. Likely that this woman has passed the stage of seeking instant thrills, has an occupation that she is satisfied with and it is not just a stepping stone to something else. He has had that with his ex and Deanna he does not want another.
    3. In the last preview he said he said " I had absolutely no idea it was going to turn out this way". He came on the show to fall in love. He was confident he will fall in love because it had happened before. There must be something extra here for the turn out this way statement. Another kid??
    Are Megan & Stephanie the only ones with children???

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict;3262109;
    Are Megan & Stephanie the only ones with children???
    Other 2 are Stacia and Treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3262105;
    If she is one of the F2 like many are surmising ( I am having trouble seeing her small boned, small framed body in the backshot of the purple dress), then regardless of how Jason really felt about her, we will see her as 1 of the two ways imo:

F2 - the not so dedicated teacher who left her job to find love on a reality tv show ( "desperate" character as someone said)

F1 - sweet teacher , athletic lady ( bungee jumper) to match Jason, and perfect future stepmom for Ty.

I think her final placement might determine which storyline she gets, so we need to start watching the storyline develop on her.

I don't think he would take a not so dedicated teacher who went to a reality show to find love to final 2. I think he would take a sweet teacher who took a chance on love to F2 or even just keep her after the first cut. I dont think she is final 1, i honestly dont think she even gets to F4 but i dont think just b/c she gets f2 or anything more than that it makes her a non dedicated teacher. I think it just makes her a teacher who made a decision she thought could possibly bring her the man of her dreams.
    Sing it!!-Arizona Robbins

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3262108;
    Why not both a dedicated teacher that is looking for her Mr Right, who she thinks is Jason and is willing to take a risk to meet him? I just hope that if it didn't work out for her, it works out in the end.

If she is F1 than that will be the edited storyline we get for her. Something that always, always happen is that posters passionately put forth what probably really happened or what the contestant really, really was thinking. I never argue that what they are saying is most likely the truth, and sometimes the truth so help me, Hannah.

But.....on this show we have to deal with the editing which drives the storyline from thebstarting 25 contestants to F1
    ( most of the time). The editing may or may not in reality actually indicate what truly happened and certainly does not always depict how the contestant genuinely felt about the particular incident under discussion. The editing tells the story that the producers want told.
    However, we are going to get a pre-determined conclusion, and regardless of how we feel about the veracity of that editing, it is headed in that direction.

If she gets a less than a dedicated teacher edit, do I feel she is?
    First, I have watched this show too long to be lassoed into that one. Second, we have already heard that some of her students have written in that she is a good teacher and they want her back.
    I taught in the middle school for many years before I left to take care of my mother who was dying. I still sub there. Believe me, those kids are in puberty and it is the Twilight Zone. For them to express how much they care about her tells me volumes!!
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3262002;
    Or, we could try to fool our brains into thinking the show is total fiction with actors playing scripted roles. One of the creators (Lisa Levenson) brought her previous experience with soap operas to the show, after all.

Okay - it's official. This is a Soap Opera mirroring real life this time in that some of the cast visits a soap opera. My head hurts.
    I've tried convincing myself it's fiction. LOL I tried that with Jason, but I just adored him so much I couldn't help myself. I got invested because I cared more about him than I did about DeAnna.

But then, I posted an experience a friend of mine had on a "reality" home makeover show (on Megan's thread) and seeing what they turned her into? She's the sweetest person you'd ever meet and they turned her into a bitch. She called me and told me they were going to and that they'd encouraged her to answer questions in certain ways, act certain ways, be outraged about things she wasn't, even cry if she could.

She told me that the producers knew going in what characters they wanted to show -- she was the bitch unhappy with the room and her husband was the poor, beleagured man. Nothing at all like they are.

Ever since hearing about that, it's made me look at reality shows in a totally different light. They'll create the characters they want, no matter what the person is like, I think.