Page 6 of 582 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106506 ... LastLast

Thread: B13 Thoughts and Comments

Re: B13 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by FairyTaleLove;3261947;
    I think that's the perfect way to state it - what we see are edited characters, shown in a way to be surprising and entertaining to the audience. I imagine there is maybe 10% reality in a reality show -- what they say isn't scripted, but the plot certainly is. The dates certainly are. The situation lends itself to an almost guaranteed hyper-aware sensitivity of attraction and immediate stress level.

Then add on top of that the fact that the editors are going to look for the best hooks, the most drama, the characters that create a good show...and edit accordingly? Who we see on the screen are almost like caricature versions of the real thing-- close enough to resemble, but nothing really like the person to start.

We see the characters fall in love... it's up to the people whether or not they are a good match and can last in real life. But I almost look at the two as different "couples" altogether.
    Wonderful bit of sanity. Now, if I (and others) could split our personal viewing screens while we watch the show, we, also, might stay both sane and hold the show in proper perspective this time around.

Or, we could try to fool our brains into thinking the show is total fiction with actors playing scripted roles. One of the creators (Lisa Levenson) brought her previous experience with soap operas to the show, after all.

Okay - it's official. This is a Soap Opera mirroring real life this time in that some of the cast visits a soap opera. My head hurts.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3262002;
    Wonderful bit of sanity. Now, if I (and others) could split our personal viewing screens while we watch the show, we, also, might stay both sane and hold the show in proper perspective this time around.

Or, we could try to fool our brains into thinking the show is total fiction with actors playing scripted roles. One of the creators (Lisa Levenson) brought her previous experience with soap operas to the show, after all.

Okay - it's official. This is a Soap Opera mirroring real life this time in that some of the cast visits a soap opera. My head hurts.
    Arielflies.....you are so right....The problem with "WATCHING" the show is that you truly do get "caught up" in the emotions of what is going on. It is difficult to not get "involved" with what you are seeing played out before you. Somehow we need to constantly remind our "brains" that it is not real! Although KUDOS to the editing and scripting team (she ducks behind tomatoes)...as they are the ones who are able to fool us into thinking that what we are seeing each week is truly happening!

For once I will be glad that I will be busy working most Monday evenings (Tax season is here!) and will not be able to tune in each Monday evening and watch the "fairytale" unfold. I will have to keep up here on the boards as all of you fill in the missing pieces. The best part is that I won't be able to get emotionally invovled (or at the very least TRY NOT TOO !)

Let's start our list of characters:

Stalker (has been used on most of the shows) Shannon, who knows all about Jason
    Troublemaker (also known as mean girl or b**ch) Megan with her lecture on motherhood
    Desperate ("egg" girl type) Sharon telling the lead she had to quit her job to be there
    Girl Next Door (wholesome, stays out of the fray) Molly has been given this crown by TPTB

These four have been highlighted by the production company pre-show as character types they are using this year. There will be a few more distinct types (overly emotional; lone wolf; etc.) but these four have been used in the publicity hype to this point.

It would be interesting to re-visit this in a week or two and see who else we can add.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3262014;

Troublemaker (also known as mean girl or b**ch) Megan with her lecture on motherhood
    Desperate ("egg" girl type) Sharon telling the lead she had to quit her job to be there
    Girl Next Door (wholesome, stays out of the fray) Molly has been given this crown by TPTB

These four have been highlighted by the production company pre-show as character types they are using this year. There will be a few more distinct types (overly emotional; lone wolf; etc.) but these four have been used in the publicity hype to this point.

It would be interesting to re-visit this in a week or two and see who else we can add.
    It will be fun to add to the characters as they emerge each week.

However, Megan and none of the other single moms have been used in the ads.

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3262035;
    However, Megan and none of the other single moms have been used in the ads.
    But, she has been used in print - as was Sharon - in the first night description. That is how we pick up that she lectures the non-moms on how they don't know what it is like, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3262060;
    But, she has been used in print - as was Sharon - in the first night description. That is how we pick up that she lectures the non-moms on how they don't know what it is like, etc.
    Lets go with what we are sure of (of course we are never SURE of anything at this point)

All we have of Melissa is the helicopter date which we are assuming is a FD or LCD thereby putting her in at the very least F3

We have the Bungee girl believed to be Sharon thereby putting her in
    F3 as well

We have zippooo on the the last spot for F3. so we could toss in almost any of the F6 at this point....Holly (believed to be purple dress)...Megan (believed to stay longer than we suspect) and Jillian (who we assume gets a hometown date due to the monkey hug)...

So once the SC air on Monday we need to concentrate of those FD and figure the F3....then match up purple dress girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3262014;

i am hoping the desperate label is just maybe a red herring in that maybe to throw us off on how we see Sharon, at least i am hoping, ha ha. I am hoping she doesn't harp on it or play it up. I am hoping he just asks her how she got off time to do this and she casually says well i had to quit in order to do it. (BTW havent others done that too? Sarah and i am sure there are others, so we have had many do that i believe, so it shouldnt be a big deal)I don't know, but i am just hoping it isnt a bad thing, and i am hoping due to her staying longer than we intially thought, it can't be all that bad....right?? ha ha
    Sing it!!-Arizona Robbins

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by 80'sdiva;3262085;
    i am hoping the desperate label is just maybe a red herring in that maybe to throw us off on how we see Sharon, at least i am hoping, ha ha. I am hoping she doesn't harp on it or play it up. I am hoping he just asks her how she got off time to do this and she casually says well i had to quit in order to do it. (BTW havent others done that too? Sarah and i am sure there are others, so we have had many do that i believe, so it shouldnt be a big deal)I don't know, but i am just hoping it isnt a bad thing, and i am hoping due to her staying longer than we intially thought, it can't be all that bad....right?? ha ha
    On thing to note is that they did not mention that Sarah Stone had quit her job to come on the show; in fact if you will remember, on her hometown date Travis met Sarah and a group of "her students" and their parents in a park. We found out later through posters ( mothers of those kids) that those were students from her previous year when she was still teaching.

The storyline was that Sarah Stone was this loving, dedicated teacher. Let's face it....to show her as quitting her job to come on the show would appear to many as contradictory in terms and would have been highly controversial in itself. It would have ruined their storyline.

Now what is Sharon's storyline going to be? Is she a fantastic, dedicated loving teacher, or is she a teacher so looking for love that she is willing to quit her job and take the chance on coming on the show to find it?

Although things are usually never as cut and tried as they appear on this show, there will be a storyline that will try to make it look one particular way. The question is: what is Sharon's storyline going to be?
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3262092;
    Now what is Sharon's storyline going to be? Is she a fantastic, dedicated loving teacher, or is she a teacher so looking for love that she is willing to quit her job and take the chance on coming on the show to find it?

Although things are usually never as cut and tried as they appear on this show, there will be a storyline that will try to make it look one particular way. The question is: what is Sharon's storyline going to be?
    I think they are going to paint her as the sweet teacher that would make a perfect Mom for Ty.
    Still hopeless to see a GREAT romance!! <3