Page 577 of 582 FirstFirst ... 77477527567568569570571572573574575576577578579580581582 LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,770 of 5818

Thread: B13 Thoughts and Comments

FORT Newbie

Re: B13 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by pminn1608;3376157;
    Your best point, "Mel's agent saw a big chance to capitalize and boost Mel's career". It is pretty darn obvious by now, 3 Realty shows later this woman is looking for a career in limelight and the Bachelor was just one of the steps after the DCC stint. There is a reason why the failed relationships, the "black sheep" status she applied to herself and the fact the parents never went to a single DCC game and refused to come on the Bachelor. The parents knew what this girl was doing, just one more step in her goal of limelight. This woman is striving for her goal which is great. Why are Jason and Molly continually being called out for also going forward with their goals and relationship, and still being called names, especially Molly referred to as "tarty".
    I am so tired of using DCC Making the Team (MTT) as a reality show Melissa was on because she wanted to be in limelight. MTT just happens to cover the audition process...every girl wanting to be on the DCC just happens to be filmed as part of that process. Everyone has a different reason for wanting to be a DCC...I will concur that some like the attention (almost anyone who is a performer craves this...nothing wrong with that)...most just love to dance and are fans of the Cowboys.

If you've watched the show, you know there is a very high level of emotion involved and most, if not all, of the girls would (if they had a choice) rather not have their most vulnerable moments caught for everyone to see. Needless to say, most don't try out to be a DCC just because they want to be on a reality show; rather, they're trying out because they truly want to be a DCC.

I've watched all three seasons of MTT and have watched people who may have just been in it for the "fame" or media attention who have been cut for that reason. So I do not subscribe to the theory that Melissa was looking to be on TV when she was a DCC. What I saw on MTT was that she was just one of hundreds of girls who wanted a chance to be a DCC. Many girls have aspirations of being Miss America, an astronaut, the president or to become a DCC...I believe that it's a dream for many to be one of America's Sweethearts...and Melissa was no different.

She was a fan favorite as a DCC because of her personality...the same way she earned her fans on the Bachelor...not because she was seeking the attention but rather just being herself. Most of the girls on The Bachelor have said she is the same way whether cameras were on or off.

For DWTS, it's a great opportunity and I agree with others who have said that she would have regretted it if she hadn't done it. That's fully in line with her philosophy of living life with no regrets and with a smile.

I say good on you Melissa! Good luck with DWTS!

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3376054;
    I think they were all talking about how she acted, that doesn't mean that everthing she said about herself is the absolute "truth" and not some embellishment on her part.

Don't forget that Brad didn't say anything negative about Deanna, time told us all we needed to know. Let's see what Melissa is doing a year or so from now... will she be teaching 1st grade? I highly doubt it!
    She may want to but it is very hard to start off in 1st grade. Maybe Texas is different but we are laying off teachers in CA. Plus class size is smaller in k-3.
    Its 20 students versus 35 in the upper grades and those classes almost always go to experienced teachers. Then there is a credential teachers are required to have. So you are correct that she may not be teaching by September.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Hart;3376100;
    You talk about "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" brings to my mind Molly. If you haven't watched diary of the departed do so. She goes off on Melissa not being ready to be a wife and mother. We saw a glimpse of her arguing this very point with Jason on the clips from FINAL ROSE 2. An edit omitted from the FINAL ROSE show.

It was laughable to see her judge Melissa as a mom since Mel was so great with TY. Molly's eyes in the diary clip convinced me that I couldn't trust anything she was saying. JMHO
    I saw the clip, and I didn't like her dissing Mel either. I was particularly offended by the comment about "never leaving Texas".....which is not relevant and probably not even true. I will agree that both women reacted strongly to being rejected....just in different ways. Jason got himself in even bigger trouble by rejecting both of them!

Can someone please give me info on where to view the "Diaries of the Departed" for Jason's season? I can't get them to work on ABC's horrible web site. you tube only had a couple from past seasons. TIA....
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3376473;
    Can someone please give me info on where to view the "Diaries of the Departed" for Jason's season? I can't get them to work on ABC's horrible web site. you tube only had a couple from past seasons. TIA....
    I saw it on ABC. Maybe it will be working again later? If you like, I can sum up what she said.

Quote Originally Posted by ZulaMay;3376480;
    I saw it on ABC. Maybe it will be working again later? If you like, I can sum up what she said.
    No, I've always had trouble with ABC's player (and web site, in general). I'm hoping someone will put them up on you tube or someone else. I just now realized that I could look on jokers.

I have read bits and pieces of Molly's and nothing (that I recall) of Melissa's. What I'd really like to do is view both of them in entirety.

Thanks for the offer, though.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing;3376012;
    Somehow, they are going to have to introduce her to the audience (many people don't watch The Bachelor), so the show itself is going to have to come up.

And, I'd be pretty surprised if Tom Bergeron doesn't make at least one quip about it, she may or may not respond.

I'd rather she'd have stuck to her guns about getting back to her normal life, but for some reason, she didn't consult me, .
    As someone who watches DWTS regularly, my guess is it will be mentioned in her introduction clip tonight, along with her being a former DCC, and I doubt will be brought up much after that. Although if she sticks around a while and Tom B. starts to joke about it, there isn't much she can do to stop him. (Maybe sic her imaginary agent on him.)

Quote Originally Posted by denise2802;3375885;
    I am totally convinced that Mel was RS's source and it was to get her spin in first. She knows playing a victim sells (look at Deanna) and therefore the totally one sided story that RS put out there - remember she was 'blindsided', Molly was being flown to Seattle on alternate weekends, it was a conspiracy from the start with Mel the chosen victim - all nonsense in the cold light of day. But so damaging that by the time the ATFR aired people had entrenched positions and all Mel had to do was play up a bit.

One thing though I didn't find her all that convincing on ATFR - so I doubt she will be getting any acting oscars.

If anyone was the victim in this it was Molly and Jason but people will never see that.
    Well as least I see it too. ETA, at least with Molly.
    Last edited by 2observe; 03-09-2009 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3376545;
    As someone who watches DWTS regularly, my guess is it will be mentioned in her introduction clip tonight, along with her being a former DCC, and I doubt will be brought up much after that. Although if she sticks around a while and Tom B. starts to joke about it, there isn't much she can do to stop him. (Maybe sic her imaginary agent on him.)
    I'm really happy DWTS starts tonight...I can concentrate on that instead of all this Jason stuff. They haven't announced Melissa or Holly m yet, but they keep saying it's coming up.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by denise2802;3376056;
    I don't think she conspired with Jason at all - that is not my point. I think what happened is more or less what we saw. And Mel (and Mel's agent) saw a big chance to capitalise and boost Mel's career. Hence the leaks to RS.
    Talking of camps: RS is so on Melissa's side it is ridiculous.
    And there is no confirmation that Jason met Molly before the ATFR or Mel was blindsided quite the opposite. And there is no evidence of a conspiracy. That was all Mel spin to advance her career. That is why I think Jason and Molly have been treated unfairly.
    I really have no favorites but I feel bad for Jason and Molly. I don't think they deserve this backlash. When I read RS reports, I asked who would stand to benefit from his reports and the glaring answer is Mel. When those personal emails leaked, I thought that she, Mel, purposely leaked those so that the unsuspecting public would get the 'picture' favoring her story. It's a propaganda intended to further humiliate Jason and Molly.

Mel could have prevented this fiasco from getting worse by responding like a true lady instead she chose to play the 'dumpee'. And now, everyone has redefined 'Class' to mean her behavior and calling someone the 'B' word appropriate. She's very lucky Jason opted to play the 'Jerk' to appease the public and her.