Page 55 of 582 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465105155555 ... LastLast

Thread: B13 Thoughts and Comments

Re: B13 Thoughts and Comments

I've been out of town for several weeks and am just now catching up and don't have the time to go back and read all of the posts of what everyone knows so I apologize if this is rehashing things...but, I read the descriptions for the next 2 shows and have a couple of questions. Next week, it says on tv guide that someone takes herself out of the running. Do we know who and why? Then the 3rd week, it says only 10 of the 12 girls get dates...8 go on a group date, 1 goes on a date with Jason and her kid to Legoland and then one goes to Hoover Dam. Apparently one of the dates ends badly for a girl and one of the girls runs out at the rose ceremony. Why don't the other 2 girls (of the 12 left) get to go on dates??

Again, sorry if this has all been discussed but thanks for catching me up!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by snarkattack222;3271626;
    I would have LOVE LOVE LOVED it if Jeremy was chosen to be the Bachelor. He was only a little boring on the B'ette because Deanna only expects to be adored 24/7 that the poor guy can't be himself. Deanna herself is so dimwitted that she can have a normal conversation with her, its all about their deceased mothers.

Imagine the possibilities if he dates funny and witty gals. He probably likes smart and sexy gals who mind their grammar and has a solid career like he does. I can still remember how he laughs at Deanna's verbal mishaps LOL! It was so refreshing to see him laugh for a change.

Its harder to suspend my disbelief with Jason as The Bachelor primarily because he's a dad. Its harder to imagine a woman at a prime of her life who wants to haul her butt to live in a gloomy state and be a stepmom. Ooops I love Seattle, just don't want to live there. It is just a stretch for women like me, a childless, career minded, young woman to fantasize about Jason. My mom is a marriage counselor and 9/10 of her clients are having difficulties in being a step parent. My girlfriends and I have never fantasized to be future (evil) step moms sorry.

Now Jeremy.... he's perfect. A handsome lawyer, intelligent and sexy. He can oil my motor anytime.

Yeah? Well let me clue you in from a practical standpoint - even good rich motor oil gets dirty with continued use. That's reality, and that's marriage.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

Quote Originally Posted by cubsgirl;3271630;
    I've been out of town for several weeks and am just now catching up and don't have the time to go back and read all of the posts of what everyone knows so I apologize if this is rehashing things...but, I read the descriptions for the next 2 shows and have a couple of questions. Next week, it says on tv guide that someone takes herself out of the running. Do we know who and why? Then the 3rd week, it says only 10 of the 12 girls get dates...8 go on a group date, 1 goes on a date with Jason and her kid to Legoland and then one goes to Hoover Dam. Apparently one of the dates ends badly for a girl and one of the girls runs out at the rose ceremony. Why don't the other 2 girls (of the 12 left) get to go on dates??

Again, sorry if this has all been discussed but thanks for catching me up!!
    Well, for the next episode, 5 of the ladies don't get dates at all. Of course, this causes a lot of tension. Then at the pre-RC, 2 of the ladies sort of get into it (from abc pics and the commercial I think that's Sharon and Erica). Suddendly one of the ladies decides to eliminate herself from the show. I still don't know who that could be. I believe Lisa, Sharon and Raquel are the next to leave.

So, that's why no biggie about the 3rd epi with 2 getting no dates. Already happens in the 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3271654;
    Well, for the next episode, 5 of the ladies don't get dates at all. Of course, this causes a lot of tension. Then at the pre-RC, 2 of the ladies sort of get into it (from abc pics and the commercial I think that's Sharon and Erica). Suddendly one of the ladies decides to eliminate herself from the show. I still don't know who that could be. I believe Lisa, Sharon and Raquel are the next to leave.

So, that's why no biggie about the 3rd epi with 2 getting no dates. Already happens in the 2nd.
    Okay, I really have missed a lot!! Why don't they get dates? Is it just a new twist for this season? Not sure that's too fair!

Quote Originally Posted by KocktailKat;3270868;
    If I remember correctly, Tessa was recruited for Andy's season. If TPTB stack the deck with some Bachelorettes that fit the Bachelor's type, then there should be a much better chance of it actually working out.
    That may be true, but if you remember, Tessa wanted to bail almost from the beginning. She realized that this wasn't the place for her, yet...TPTB held her captive. I think that when you have contestants that are there because of who the Bachelor/ette (ie. Ryan) is then you may have a chance at a suitable relationship. There were several girls on this season, that came here for Jason. Not saying that they were all compatible, but at least they were there for the right intentions in the first place. Anytime you have a "recruit" it is a total gamble.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by gruder;3271665;
    Anytime you have a "recruit" it is a total gamble.
    My history recall my be flawed, but I understood that Brad was actually recruited and was not an applicant. I think that season turned out spectacularly.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cubsgirl;3271659;
    Okay, I really have missed a lot!! Why don't they get dates? Is it just a new twist for this season? Not sure that's too fair!
    My opinion? They wanted to stir up anxiety, resentment and hurt which will create the opportunity for drama. Afterall, they came there to interact and try for the Bachelor, and they deliberately get excluded from even a group date? That is the way I think they will feel.

Jason lightly alluded to it in one of his interviews, and he kind of tried to brush it off as it was about him needing time to get to know certain girls - which made it sound like he went and picked which girls got to go on the date and which stayed home. I say, "Poo" to that. It sounds producer generated all the way to me if for no other reason that he has been saying all along the way that the whole thing is about him getting to know all of the girls.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3271631;
    Yeah? Well let me clue you in from a practical standpoint - even good rich motor oil gets dirty with continued use. That's reality, and that's marriage.
    Well nobody's talking about marriage. Nobody should talk about marriage in the same breath as the The Bachelor the Reality TV show.

on jesse's myspace his mood is: loved

what did I miss? who is he with? He also suggests he is going to appear on the bachelor with jason

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3271631;

OMG- Bloomers- you are hilarious! I have been married 12 years and can contest to that!