Thread: B13 Thoughts and Comments

Re: B13 Thoughts and Comments

People, People, People, what is all this speculating about Money? Do none of you remember that Jason, when asked, said he was Not Paid for doing the show? Tsk Tsk. I am shocked, shocked I say, at your lack of credulity for our Hero's utterances.
    Didnt Brad say the same thing? I dont recall Matt's comments on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by denise2802;3370575;
    And so did Melissa
    Yes she did, but she's not getting the backlash. She's getting support.

Quote Originally Posted by Nativenewyorker;3370713;
    I am one who believes that this forum is for the free exchange of opinions, ideas, thoughts, theories, whatever. If you do not like what some are saying, then you are free not to read it.

If I invest my time in watching something, I reserve the right to say what I think. I don't have to like what I see and am free to say so. I think what happened to Melissa was outrageous on its face. If they broke up already or that's just more ABC spin, I don't care. The fact that this girl was brought out without knowing that Jason was going to tell her that he now wanted Molly, is in itself inexcusable. She specifically asked him if there was anything that might blindside her. He said, no. He lied. He has since said that his contract required him to break up with Melissa on camera. Now we have the man himself, MF, saying that this is not in Jason's contract. I mean, how much do you have to see or hear to realize who and what this guy really is?

One problem we have in society today is the unwillingness to take responsibility for our actions. It would be refreshing for someone to stand up and say that they made a mistake, it was their fault, they apologize without excuses and they will try to learn from it. Now that would be something worth hearing.
    I can only hope that Molly (or someone close to her), is objective enough to understand the long-term ramifications of Jason's apparent inability to take responsibility for his actions, which will eventually rear it's ugly head in the context of their relationship.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Deberoo;3371314;
    Originally Posted by 2observe View Post
    But why would Molly contact Jason after he hurt her so badly, at the FRC? From what I've read, Jason was the one who was questioning the producers about contacting Molly. That is how he found out about her being considered for the next Bachelorette. Imo, that "fact" alone caused Jason to step-up is quest to get Molly back.
    Bringing this over from media. It just occurred to me that when Jason contacted Molly to "see if she was okay" after he returned from NZ as all have confirmed ... it probably opened the door, in her mind, that things weren't all golden and what she had told Jason the day he let her go 'he'd regret his decision' was already happening. In other words, it gave her 'hope'.

May also explain why it was taking MF so long to convince Molly to become the next b'lette. Were she and Jason still in contact? Was she just holding onto to hope that he was thinking he made a mistake? And, along those lines ... if she was about talked into becoming the next b'lette, then Jason told TPTB that he was changing his mind and wanted Molly back, how the TPTB explain backing off of the offer until the ATFR1? Never mind, they probably didn't.

Just trying to piece more timeline together and what Molly knew/didn't know/guessed about what was going on with Jason and Melissa after the finale.

What's done is done, I know, but I'm kinda' like a dog with a bone. The holes in the story(ies) bother the crapola outta me and I don't know why.
    Melissa in her 'Ellen' Interview confirmed that they were no longer together when they showed up in the AFRC 1. She also said that their relationship floundered almost immediately "once they got back ...to real world". If they had broken up why did she allow Jason to dump her on national TV? . Clearly she and Jason had communication problem _ he seemed unsure about the official status of their relationship hence his need to publicly break up with her. She said they had broken up and yet she felt the need to berate him for contacting Molly on the sly ... and for not fighting for her? . Jason was clearly egging her to confirm the breakdown ... you could sense his struggle ... to get the words out but she remained defiant. If they had already broken up, why did she say she didn't believe him ... and that she thought everything was perfect ...? I watched the video a few times and what she said in that 'Ellen' Interview did no make sense at all.

After asking Jason to not contact or call her, she wrote him the next day to supposedly apologize for her unbecoming outburst? If she felt wronged, why did she feel the need to apologize? Some would say she was trying to take the high road? If she was, why did she have those private emails leaked for everyone to read? Why? When Ellen asked her about friendship with Jason and Molly, she emphatically said she couldn't because they were in character beneath her I had read those leaked e-mails and there was nothing noble in her assertions. The fact that she chose to have those read by everyone speaks of her desire to punish him .... I don't see anything noble in that decision.

Certainly, I expected her to be angry ... to be hurt but she was not blameless in this fiasco. She was not an innocent victim! No one in this debacle was blameless: Jason for being a 'ninny', Melissa - childish and manipulative, ABC-MF - opportunistic, and Chris H -insensitive. And Molly? Delusional? ABC could have minimized the impact of this unwanted outcome by clever film-editing but they chose to go for this theatre's 'shock value'. Chris could have talked them into simply talking about the fall-out and the lessons' learned, instead he encouraged them to continue the pointless confrontation .... Melissa could have stopped Jason from breaking up with her publicly by simply announcing their decision to part ways but she chose to play the pity card ... to play the victim. And Jason did not need to go into that long-winded explanation by simply saying that he and Melissa had decided to breakup. All of them were irresponsible in one way or the other! I guess, they all enjoy this type of theatre ... Pathetic.

Hi 2Obsere, I think you brought up a valid point. I think, when Jason heard about Molly being groomed for the 'Bachelorette' role, he panicked and decided to hasten the break-up.
    Last edited by cherryyou; 03-06-2009 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cherryyou;3371489;
    Hi 2Obsere, I think you brought up a valid point. I think, when Jason heard about Molly being groomed for the 'Bachelorette' role, he panicked and decided to hasten the break-up.
    Exactly what I've been saying for a couple days...it makes much more sense. Or maybe Molly gave him an ultimatum.

FORT Fanatic

Certainly, I expected her to be angry ... to be hurt but she was not blameless in this fiasco. She was not an innocent victim! No one in this debacle was blameless: Jason for being a 'ninny', Melissa - childish and manipulative, ABC-MF - opportunistic, and Chris H -insensitive. And Molly? Delusional? ABC could have minimized the impact of this unwanted outcome by clever film-editing but they chose to go for this theatre's 'shock value'. Chris could have talked them into simply talking about the fall-out and the lessons' learned, instead he encouraged them to continue the pointless confrontation .... Melissa could have stopped Jason from breaking up with her publicly by simply announcing their decision to part ways but she chose to play the pity card ... to play the victim. And Jason did not need to go into that long-winded explanation by simply saying that he and Melissa had decided to breakup. All of them were irresponsible in one way or the other! I guess, they all enjoy this type of theatre ... Pathetic.
    Nice how your finding ways to blame Melissa...If Melissa really wanted to play victim don't you think she'd do the Bachelorette, tons of interviews, and also did AFR2? I think so. Melissa was offered supposedly a TON of money to do the Bachelorette.

Don't you think it's possible that Melissa WAS blindsided but that Melissa doesn't want to be pitied in front of everyone, so she's stopping the he said she said with "yes we were broken up." Melissa did make a comment about how "we are discussing this here" and her email to Jason said that the AFR went "nothing like expected"

And also maybe just maybe Melissa never meant for the emails to get released to the general public, but once they were, felt that they could be a means to protect herself from ABC manipulation.

Quote Originally Posted by bekalc;3371502;
    Don't you think it's possible that Melissa WAS blindsided but that Melissa doesn't want to be pitied in front of everyone, so she's stopping the he said she said with "yes we were broken up."
    I don't think that she lied on Ellen.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax;3371412;
    I see we are on the same page here, this is what's the problem for both of us. If Jason would take responsibility, acknowledge what he did was wrong and stop making excuses, then will the healing begin. He will be able to go on and people will start to forgive him. As long as he continue on with the excuses, the longer this mess will linger. The bible teaches us to confess our sins.

Why does he need to do that now, he has already been condemned and damned to hell.

FORT Fan

And also maybe just maybe Melissa never meant for the emails to get released to the general public, but once they were, felt that they could be a means to protect herself from ABC manipulation.
    Yeah, right! Protect from ABC manipulation? So far she is the one smelling like a rose .... Watching her in action is like watching a 'puppet theatre'. I just hope it doesn't backfire like the absurd adventures of our mortgage industry.

Nice how your finding ways to blame Melissa...If Melissa really wanted to play victim don't you think she'd do the Bachelorette, tons of interviews, and also did AFR2? I think so. Melissa was offered supposedly a TON of money to do the Bachelorette.

Don't you think it's possible that Melissa WAS blindsided but that Melissa doesn't want to be pitied in front of everyone, so she's stopping the he said she said with "yes we were broken up." Melissa did make a comment about how "we are discussing this here" and her email to Jason said that the AFR went "nothing like expected"

Mel is already in a new relationship. A man she dated off and on for the past two years. Why would she need to do the bachelorette? Maybe she was promised another show or cash.

Blindsided. I doubt it. She said herself they were over and that it was mutual. So actually there was no buplic break up. They have different stories with several different things. Where is the truth, probably some where in between. There is always several sides to every story. For all we know this has been a set up and she was in on it from the start.

As far as the emails, why did she even forward them in the first place?
    Last edited by sueb1961; 03-06-2009 at 12:45 AM.