Thread: B13 Thoughts and Comments

Re: B13 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by annabanana2;3368816;
    Everyone's getting their thoughts out there, post ATFR2, and I still have things that are bothering me about this season also, both from the show itself and the furor on the boards. I have the worst feeling that if Jason had chosen Molly as his F1 and proposed to her and then did the switch to Melissa he would not be as vilified/berated as he is today. The same people who feel sorry and compassion for Mel would be finding excuses for his behavior and probably because Melissa was the fan favorite from pre-show airing. We all saw the love story developing between Mel and Jason and there was total investment in the honest single Dad and the cute as a button, vibrant cheerleader. And the sad part...all the self-righteous indignation and character assassination would still be directed at Molly who was destined through edit to be the least liked of the two left standing. I mean, come on, look at her scraggly hair and pony tail! Apparently this is a far worse faux pas than short shorts. And it will bother me for weeks that this travesty was fueled by a tasteless public dumping that they prepared us for beforehand. What motivated Jason to go along with this ? Was it all his idea? Was he a Fleissian puppet? Was the $ too good to pass up? We'll never know for certain unless someone close to one of them divulges and that isn't about to happen any time soon. They probably just want this all to go away. I am embarrassed that I have posted many times that I watch for the entertainment. Jason was not entertaining the first time around, and watching Melissa get dumped and Molly get defamed has not been entertaining. Now I have to crawl back into my closet and not admit that I watch this show, not even for entertainment.
    How would that account for the people that don't watch the show, like tv personalities, the public and others that are angry and outragged about the show. They didn't know everything that was going on. They didn't have a favorite, so it's not necessary that he dumped Melissa for Molly but the act and how he did it.

FORT Fanatic

I think Melissa was talking in 3rd person to separate herself from a very painful situation. It was easier to keep her emotions somewhat in check by saying, "You didn't want to fight for Melissa," rather than, "You didn't want to fight for me." I can't say as I blame her.
    ~In music one must think with the heart and feel with the brain.~ George Szell

FORT Regular

Honestly, I am not sure how upset I am at this situation. If Jason did in fact want Molly and chose Melissa because he was told - what makes it disgusting is that he did it to Melissa intentionally.

However, I am not surprised Jason did it becasue let's be honest if you look up wuss in Webster's there is his picture. I have always been shocked that anyone liked him..he is just so blah...

So I get the fact that the intent is what makes it so tactless. And as a female I of course hate to see any of us get our heart broken, and in public no less, on purpose - it is quite awful.

But on the other hand she did sign up for this show - and unless you have lived under a rock or are not the brightest bulb - you are aware that of 25 girls, 24 get their hearts broken on tv and we all get to see it...and yes it happens after the final rose - remember Jerry?

This does not mean I think what Jason did was ok nor do I think he deserves any kind of free pass - but while I hate what happened to Melissa, I am not sure I have much sympathy.

Quote Originally Posted by annabanana2;3368816;
    Everyone's getting their thoughts out there, post ATFR2, and I still have things that are bothering me about this season also, both from the show itself and the furor on the boards. I have the worst feeling that if Jason had chosen Molly as his F1 and proposed to her and then did the switch to Melissa he would not be as vilified/berated as he is today. The same people who feel sorry and compassion for Mel would be finding excuses for his behavior and probably because Melissa was the fan favorite from pre-show airing. We all saw the love story developing between Mel and Jason and there was total investment in the honest single Dad and the cute as a button, vibrant cheerleader. And the sad part...all the self-righteous indignation and character assassination would still be directed at Molly who was destined through edit to be the least liked of the two left standing. I mean, come on, look at her scraggly hair and pony tail! Apparently this is a far worse faux pas than short shorts. And it will bother me for weeks that this travesty was fueled by a tasteless public dumping that they prepared us for beforehand. What motivated Jason to go along with this ? Was it all his idea? Was he a Fleissian puppet? Was the $ too good to pass up? We'll never know for certain unless someone close to one of them divulges and that isn't about to happen any time soon. They probably just want this all to go away. I am embarrassed that I have posted many times that I watch for the entertainment. Jason was not entertaining the first time around, and watching Melissa get dumped and Molly get defamed has not been entertaining. Now I have to crawl back into my closet and not admit that I watch this show, not even for entertainment.
    Short shorts a "faux pas"? I guess some people can view them that way. I tend to think a "faux pas" is more in line with straddling a prone man's stomach while wearing a skimpy bikini bottom with your spread crotch halfway between his face and his lap while oiling down his chest and stomach. But that was probably just that wonky "edit" making Molly look like she was seducing Jason...bless her heart.

FORT Fogey

Everyone who has read my postings knows of my strong kinship with Melli. But at the same time I have tried very hard to avoid coming down on Molly. I don't hate her. I don't know her. I think perhaps it's not hate so much as they realize that the situation is disliked, and they are defensive about the person they have invested in. that's fine. My point has always been that as much as I can I don't pit one woman versus the other in this. I put the blame where it goes...on Jascum. I can't even get much up about CH as he's just a paid pimp for the show,and generally a Himbo of the first order, and well, MF simply isn't human so I don't waste human emotions on him.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 03-05-2009 at 12:48 AM.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by kultainen;3369073;
    Everyone who has read my postings knows of my strong kinship with Melli. But at the same time I have tried very hard to avoid coming down on Molly. I don't hate her. I don't know her. I think perhaps it's not hate so much as they realize that the situation is disliked, and they are defensive about the person they have invested in. that's fine. My point has always been that as much as I can I don't pit one woman versus the other in this. I put the blame where it goes...on Jascum. I can't even get much up about CH as he's just a paid pimp for the show,and generally a Himbo of the first order, and well, MF simply isn't human so I don't waste human emotions on him.
    I have read that a lot of people say something happened over Christmas that changed their relationship and I know they spent Christmas together....What I am wondering is did something actually happen between Mel and J or was it more that J started realizing his feelings for Molly? Do you have any insight on this???

FORT Newbie

I don't know if someone else has posted this, but while I was looking at a recap of the final rose, when Molly was walking with Jason saying what a mistake he was making, he said to her, almost whispering, that he had started to fall in love with her early on. Then gave her an intense stare. One that if I were doing the staring would say "do you get what I"m saying here?????"

I felt then that at least he knew this was all a fake. I also noticed others posting that he seemed uncomfortable at the celebration with Melissa and TY....

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by kultainen;3369073;
    Hi Kultainen! Great post!
    1. I was wondering, do you know if have any of the people that went to the AFTR2 taping said anything about things that maybe RS hadnt already mentioned, or things that maybe we didnt see or hear during the season that came out in that taping?
    2. Has anyone see Melissa on the Ellen show, or has that aired yet? If it hasnt, what day and what time? I'll have to DVR it..
    3. Has anyone any news on how Melissa is doing today? Is she ok?
    4. Last nights AFTR2 was such a snooze fest, and frankly, I dont want to see that couple on my tv anytime soon. But what was the deal with Molly when she was asked if she was going to move to Seattle?

I also read the emails that were posted on another site. I'm so disgusted with Jason, he was totally cheating on her. He should have come clean the nite of the AFTR1, but of course not, what pig ever does come clean about cheating??? On the same token, what else is he gonna say? "Yes, I cheated on you..."?? he'd still look like a pig.

Thanks~~~

AnselsKeeper

Quote Originally Posted by maryhse;3369041;
    I don't post often but I have to say...WOW, Molly fans really HATE Melissa! What's up with that?
    That phrase could be reversed but would rather use dislike, although doubt many posters really care one way or another in another couple of weeks or by the time Jillian's show starts. The parties will have gone on with their lives the same and we do.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pminn1608;3368704;
    Maybe because first words out of her mouth was she is a cowgirl,,,at the meet and greet she talked about cheerleading,,,she made a concerted effort to let everyone know she was a dcc. And although many good things are no doubt accomplished by the dcc's they are also there to perform in very skimpy costumes in front of millions of people on tv and in the arena's and seeking the limelight so the "cheerleader" title was appropriate for Melissa's title on the Bachelor season and the followup conversations now taking place IMO.
    OK, my bad. This isn't a forum on DCCs or cheerleading in general. And I am sure opinions are all over the place on those topics. And I feel I may have been getting testy/tired. I will say no more on this as it seems to not be going well...but before that:
    I didn't perform seeking the limelight. I happen to love dancing and football. That simple. And your TV time in today's market (and not the good old 1980's which are sooo over) is like nil. And nobody works or goes to school all day, practices at night, and on Saturday, and spends their Sunday on the sidelines for 50 bucks because they might wave to a TV camera once.

I have to say my "costume" was less skimpy than many bathing suits on public beaches, or frankly, seen at times in public places. And certainly more than Ms. Prim and Proper Molly was wearing as she straddled Jason in the oh so staid massaage scene!

But the boots are really cool. This is the end, my friends. I promise. Now back to mocking Jascum.