Thread: B13 Thoughts and Comments

Re: B13 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Cerese;3359949;
    Episode 3 - Melissa was the Malibu beach and blimp ride - not 2 separate dates.

Episode 4 - Singing contest - Molly wins and gets the tent date as the prize. My point was that this was a little late in the process to have fallen for her. But perhaps he does fall for her in the tent !
    In the Finale Preview where Jason says he found what he was looking for times 2. He says he was falling for Molly right from the start. I think she had him at "hello"! He started falling in love with Melissa on their first date.

Don't drink the KoolAid

Commit random acts of kindness!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3359969;
    Everything is a clue, right!

All kidding aside? At a psychological level, s/he nailed Jason better than anyone on here ever has. That is the answer. Family systems theory would probably get you to the same conclusion.

I always thought that Brad's responses could best be understood by looking at his family system: the twin; the father who left; the changed financial circumstance; the mother who had married so many times; all leading to his self-reliance and work ethic and drive to succeed, and attitudes toward marriage and women and search for ideals.

Anyway, back to Jason. He is the exact opposite!
    I have by nature always been what people would call a "people pleaser" in that I never wanted to hurt anyone's feelings, and I would try hard to find a way to keep everybody happy if at all possible. However, the difference between what is being described in that post in me is that I abhore deceit. I don't like being manipulated, cheated, deceived or lied to, and I don't want to do it to someone else.

Having a "people pleaser" personality with an accompanying abhorance for lies and deceits can make life and dealing with others extremely difficult at times, but it can be done.

I recognized immediately what this poster was saying, and decided that it needed to be addressed.
    It fits rather well here.

Jason was psychologically the perfect pawn for Mike Fleiss and his boy wonder's devious and deceptive plans - Martin whoever he is.

Unfortunately, it is going to blow up in Jason's face.
    When this is all said and done, he will be alone again, Melissa will have been dumped once again, and Molly will still be seen as the too confident woman who horns in on other women's men.

And.....the viewing audience will be outraged because having tuned in by the millions and expecting to see one kind of Bachelor, they will discover they have been deliberately and totally deceived, manipulated, and played.

That's part of my story, and I stick to it.

One last thing - When the poo hits the fan, I don't want to be standing in front of it.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3360025;
    I have by nature always been what people would call a "people pleaser" in that I never wanted to hurt anyone's feelings, and I would try hard to find a way to keep everybody happy if at all possible. However, the difference between what is being described in that post in me is that I abhore deceit. I don't like being manipulated, cheated, deceived or lied to, and I don't want to do it to someone else.

Having a "people pleaser" personality with an accompanying abhorance for lies and deceits can make life and dealing with others extremely difficult at times, but it can be done.

I recognized immediately what this poster was saying, and decided that it needed to be addressed.
    It fits rather well here.

Jason was psychologically the perfect pawn for Mike Fleiss and his boy wonder's devious and deceptive plans - Martin whoever he is.

Unfortunately, it is going to blow up in Jason's face.
    When this is all said and done, he will be alone again, Melissa will have been dumped once again, and Molly will still be seen as the too confident woman who horns in on other women's men.

And.....the viewing audience will be outraged because having tuned in by the millions and expecting to see one kind of Bachelor, they will discover they have been deliberately and totally deceived, manipulated, and played.

That's part of my story, and I stick to it.

One last thing - When the poo hits the fan, I don't want to be standing in front of it.
    I have the tendency to be a people pleaser too...but have found out over time that you end up with just as many people angry at you for trying too hard not to hurt them than if you were just honest in the first place.

I see this in Jason...it doesn't excuse his actions, tho.

Hope that makes sense...

FORT Newbie

Ok -- This is my first post here.
    This season has been crazy. I have followed the speculation & spoiler boards on many sites. Tonight could not come soon enough for me. As disgusted as I am at the possibility of confirmation of all the rumors, I have to wonder.

How many human beings can choose a spouse in a this short of a time span when they are
    --- dating/kissing soo many women/men
    --- in a fairy tale environment
    --- dates & vacations that are more like a dream than reality
    --- listening to what everyone else is telling them to do
    --- pressure to pick and eliminate on a time schedule

How can one concentrate on picking the all around right person when their is a buffet of choices in front of them?

I am not not sure we should label "The Bachelor & Bachelorette" a reality show anymore. Because the way the choices are made are NOT reality. The average person does not find a mate by having 25 women/men dangled in front of the all at one time. Being allowed to kiss and who knows what else while the others watch. Their minds are bound to be a little fogged. And to think they are supposed to be picking the one person that they want to spend the rest of their life with.

So not matter how angry I was at Jason's choices -- I do think he is human and realized once he hit the real world what was and what was not right for him. I am not a star but I am sure relationships are alot more work in the real world.

So trying not to judge any of the participants I hope everyone can live with the choices they have made and no commitments are made until they are sure of WHO it is they really want. No one wants to see anyone be hurt!!

A little over an hour until the truth is known.... or will we really every know the truth???!!!????

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenix2009;3359878;
    As I read these boards, I am often reminded of a similarity between my previous assistant (a guy Jason's age) and Jason. My assistant was so much like Jason that they seriously could be twins. He was a single dad (a very devoted father), and always trying to please everyone. I noticed after he was with me for a while that he would stretch (or evade) the truth when in a situation where he thought that he would hurt the other person's feelings. I caught him downright lying several times, and talked with him about why he made that choice given the situations. What I learned about him (as a man) was that the pain in dissapointing someone was much greater than the pain of telling the lie. Looking back, I would characterize him as having a kind heart, good intentions, but questionable moral fortitude. Strange as it all may be, I believe that he and I will be friends until I die, because of how well we knew one another--including our faults. My assistant is of the Cancer zodiac, and I wonder if Jason may be of the same sign.Other than that, all I have to say is that JASON HAS VERY BRIGHT TEETH!
    Just FYI: Yes - Jason is a Cancer, too. That was discussd in Deanna's season. His b-day is in the beginning of July - but I don't tremember the exact date......

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3359948;
    The GH date was week 4, Melissa was on it, and Molly was on her tent date.
    thanks, that is what I thought.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Sleepless;3360229;
    Ok -- This is my first post here.
    This season has been crazy. I have followed the speculation & spoiler boards on many sites. Tonight could not come soon enough for me. As disgusted as I am at the possibility of confirmation of all the rumors, I have to wonder.

How many human beings can choose a spouse in a this short of a time span when they are
    --- dating/kissing soo many women/men
    --- in a fairy tale environment
    --- dates & vacations that are more like a dream than reality
    --- listening to what everyone else is telling them to do
    --- pressure to pick and eliminate on a time schedule

How can one concentrate on picking the all around right person when their is a buffet of choices in front of them?

I am not not sure we should label "The Bachelor & Bachelorette" a reality show anymore. Because the way the choices are made are NOT reality. The average person does not find a mate by having 25 women/men dangled in front of the all at one time. Being allowed to kiss and who knows what else while the others watch. Their minds are bound to be a little fogged. And to think they are supposed to be picking the one person that they want to spend the rest of their life with.

So not matter how angry I was at Jason's choices -- I do think he is human and realized once he hit the real world what was and what was not right for him. I am not a star but I am sure relationships are alot more work in the real world.

So trying not to judge any of the participants I hope everyone can live with the choices they have made and no commitments are made until they are sure of WHO it is they really want. No one wants to see anyone be hurt!!

A little over an hour until the truth is known.... or will we really every know the truth???!!!????

I think I kinda agree with the sentiment of what you are saying...

But, as many others here have noted, this is all a great rationale for NOT proposing to Melissa. Just say you want to "continue this journey" or some blather like that. Just remember, whatever goes down tonight is HIS responsibility. We can talk all we want about how the producers are evil geniuses who manipulated him, yadda yadda. He's a grown man, an educated man, with a psych degree, and is perfectly capable of seeing what's going on and making decisions for himself. I've spent a long time believing Jason was a good guy too. We'll see...I'm trying to be open-minded still, despite all that I've been reading. But regardless, this is HIS doing.

Quote Originally Posted by blasie;3360006;
    In the Finale Preview where Jason says he found what he was looking for times 2. He says he was falling for Molly right from the start. I think she had him at "hello"! He started falling in love with Melissa on their first date.
    I watched the preview and remember it almost exactly the opposite; Jason said he fell for Melissa from the get-go (probably infatuation), but with Molly, it happened more gradually. I actually think, provided it wasn't a set-up, that if he was given a little more time with both women before making his decision, Jason would have realized that Molly was the better choice for him. I think with Mel he was so awed by her that he never got around to really exploring and analyzing the actual relationship. With Molly, he didn't realize how much he felt for her until he let her go.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Sleepless;3360229;

Miss Sleepless - I agree that "reality" no longer describes the Bachelor & Bachelorette shows at all! So, what do you think we should call it instead? Two choices I have come up with are fantasy tv and improvisational tv. Does anyone else have any good ideas?

FORT Newbie

ecbyeh -- What about "Many Dates to Pick a Mate"
    or "Bachelor / Bachelorette Buffet"