Page 2 of 582 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102502 ... LastLast

Thread: B13 Thoughts and Comments

FORT Fogey

Re: B13 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by SDMOM;3260330;
    The goal of the Bachelor is to find love on the show and get married. So, Trista is a successful story. I don't worship her, and I have never bashed Deanna and Jessie, but I love a true love story, even one from a reality show, especially they remained married for almost 5 years, and are expecting their second child.
    I don't find anything wrong with them "milking fame/money cow". If they continue to show up on the media, that means they are "marketable", that they have fans who want to know more about them. Heck, I think they are more interesting than Paris Hilton! Ryan still works in the fire station, from what I read recently. He still has a "normal" job.
    I have to respectfully disagree with your last statement. Yes, some go on the show looking for fame/money (Jesse receiving sponsor money, correct me if I am wrong) but most remain anonymous after the show: Tessa, Jennifer from PLo's season, just to name a couple. Frankly, I wouldn't mind learning more about some of my favorites: Bettina and Sadie among them.

Call me naive, I am still hoping for a love story from this show
    I agree. We all love a good love story. Their marriage is more successful than most and if the public interest earns them $$ good on them.

When they returned home after their wedding. I do not think they had any idea how big their lives were going to be. Maybe that's good because it has kept them grounded.; If they had an idea people will be interested in them, they might have upped and gone to LA or pursued media jobs etc. But what a lovely story. Two people in love

Quote Originally Posted by Living;3260342;
    I agree. We all love a good love story. Their marriage is more successful than most and if the public interest earns them $$ good on them.

When they returned home after their wedding. I do not think they had any idea how big their lives were going to be. Maybe that's good because it has kept them grounded.; If they had an idea people will be interested in them, they might have upped and gone to LA or pursued media jobs etc. But what a lovely story. Two people in love
    I am guessing that is why we all tune in even though the statistics of this show seem to deal otherwise

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by SDMOM;3260330;
    The goal of the Bachelor is to find love on the show and get married. So, Trista is a successful story. I don't worship her, and I have never bashed Deanna and Jessie, but I love a true love story, even one from a reality show, especially they remained married for almost 5 years, and are expecting their second child.
    I don't find anything wrong with them "milking fame/money cow". If they continue to show up on the media, that means they are "marketable", that they have fans who want to know more about them. Heck, I think they are more interesting than Paris Hilton! Ryan still works in the fire station, from what I read recently. He still has a "normal" job.
    I have to respectfully disagree with your last statement. Yes, some go on the show looking for fame/money (Jesse receiving sponsor money, correct me if I am wrong) but most remain anonymous after the show: Tessa, Jennifer from PLo's season, just to name a couple. Frankly, I wouldn't mind learning more about some of my favorites: Bettina and Sadie among them.

Call me naive, I am still hoping for a love story from this show
    It's easy for some to say they are above the fame/money objective of a reality show. I know *I* am not interested in fame, but if you told me that I could make enough money to secure mine and my family's future...heck yeah...sign me up. I also think that Trista had designs at one time of more of a career in the limelight. I think she said so herself. However, she made a different choice for the love of a good man...she compromised for love. Good choice. JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by stilettos;3260375;
    It's easy for some to say they are above the fame/money objective of a reality show. I know *I* am not interested in fame, but if you told me that I could make enough money to secure mine and my family's future...heck yeah...sign me up. I also think that Trista had designs at one time of more of a career in the limelight. I think she said so herself. However, she made a different choice for the love of a good man...she compromised for love. Good choice. JMHO
    That and the fact they were such LIKEABLE people made them magnets for public attention. They seem to have been able to find a nice partnership between "normal" life and the public eye...

This appears to be the correct forum: I saw Jason's "twin" at O'Hare airport on Sunday. I was sitting in probably the most congested area (Terminal C) awaiting my flight when I saw a man and a young boy sitting in the row in front of me. The man looked SO MUCH like Jason I took a second (and third, and. . . . ) look. The guy was thinner (not as muscular as I remember Jason being, not that he's Hercules or anything, but, well, you know what I mean) and his hair was cut differently. And, most telling, the guy was wearing a wedding band. The little boy really looked a lot like Ty. The father was wearing a well-worn Northwestern t-shirt. Anyone know if Jason went to NW?

nope, jason went to the university of washington

FORT Regular

Gosh, I took too long to do this and had to start over.

Aries: I agree with you. Sharon is a dark horse. When I look at the out of lime pic, I see a healthy female, friendly, interested, but also hold her hands (holding herself). She would be a lovely match.

The other comments I have are about the show in general. I like watching reality, and this is one of three I watch. The other two have nothing to do with love basically. But this one, in spite of the amazement at so many endings, I enjoy. I dislike the predictions (but read them anyway) and usually say how can that be. Later I have to go back and say, yea, I see it but it isn't the way I'd do it.

One thing has always bothered me, it's the trashing of someone and their choice. I believe it takes a level of personal integrity to say no to both of the choices at the end. Yet, Jen and the guy from Tx, continue to get bad press. Those who go with the flow and break up within weeks, wanted to do just that, but let the pressure of the show help them choose someone. And then there are those who try it for some time, and then decide not to pursue the marriage. We do not know what really happens between them. Gosh, we usually don't know what really happened between our own parents. And then there is Trista and Ryan. I started watching after their show, but I only see a very shy man and a very charming lady who have made a life together and continue to give the show an ongoing PR. Hopefully their relationship does not suffer from it.

So, this round I am going to watch as always, and just enjoy it and the people brave enough to put their self in the limelight in order to entertain us. It's fun and delightful.

Quote Originally Posted by counthestarsxo;3260431;
    nope, jason went to the university of washington
    Well, like I said, I thought I saw Jason's twin. Man, the guy looked like him, but the wedding ring told me it wasn't him.

Quote Originally Posted by seniorgal;3260454;
    Gosh, I took too long to do this and had to start over.

Aries: I agree with you. Sharon is a dark horse. When I look at the out of lime pic, I see a healthy female, friendly, interested, but also hold her hands (holding herself). She would be a lovely match.

The other comments I have are about the show in general. I like watching reality, and this is one of three I watch. The other two have nothing to do with love basically. But this one, in spite of the amazement at so many endings, I enjoy. I dislike the predictions (but read them anyway) and usually say how can that be. Later I have to go back and say, yea, I see it but it isn't the way I'd do it.

One thing has always bothered me, it's the trashing of someone and their choice. I believe it takes a level of personal integrity to say no to both of the choices at the end. Yet, Jen and the guy from Tx, continue to get bad press. Those who go with the flow and break up within weeks, wanted to do just that, but let the pressure of the show help them choose someone. And then there are those who try it for some time, and then decide not to pursue the marriage. We do not know what really happens between them. Gosh, we usually don't know what really happened between our own parents. And then there is Trista and Ryan. I started watching after their show, but I only see a very shy man and a very charming lady who have made a life together and continue to give the show an ongoing PR. Hopefully their relationship does not suffer from it.

So, this round I am going to watch as always, and just enjoy it and the people brave enough to put their self in the limelight in order to entertain us. It's fun and delightful.
    Seniorgal - you must be my long lost twin. Thanks for stating this so well!

FORT Fogey

To be honest, the first person I saw in the pictures that stood out was Sharon. I feel like I am Jason's protector this season, finding the one that "looks" innocent enough to be here for the right reasons.....naive, but hopeful...she is my FIR choice, lol

I don't know how to do those quotes brought over from other threads in the blue boxes, but this one belongs to Jax and was on Sharon's thread. I wanted to comment on here because I thought it would be the better place...

Sometimes the FIR is not what it seems. If you will remember, we kept waiting and kept waiting for something to result from Amanda receiving the FIR and beautiful speech from Matt. What we found out later was that he had no idea who to give it to so somebody selected Amanda for him to give the FIR to. Now I have to wonder about the rest of them through the seasons. How many of FIRs were the Bachelor's choice, and how many of them for whatever reason were producer generated?
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?