Thread: B13 Thoughts and Comments

Re: B13 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth;3279419;
    When I saw that convo between her and Nikki it seemed to me that Nikki was trying to get something out of her so that she could go tell Jason. Like getting Melissa to admit that maybe she wasnt ready or something. I thought it was interesting
    Yes but I do gather that she is indeed thinking about what she is getting into. I get the feeling some of the others don't have a clue.
    ______________________________ _____
    Be careful what you wish for cause you just might get it all.

When I saw that convo between her and Nikki it seemed to me that Nikki was trying to get something out of her so that she could go tell Jason. Like getting Melissa to admit that maybe she wasnt ready or something. I thought it was interesting
    I thought so too! While I think Nikki is lovely and earnest, she told Jason she wished he could see what goes on in the house. She alluded to they fact that all the "girls in front of him" are not ready to be be a stepmom. He assured her that he knew she was mature enough...

Tattletails never last long on The Bachelor. You think Nikki would put more effort into getting to know Jason and for him to get to know her rather than wasting her time telling him about the other women.

It makes it seem like she was not at all interested in him.

FORT Fogey

The other girl that doesn't seem all that into him to me is Molly. True, she is not shy about pursuing him; but it seems as though she is into the competition. Or perhaps she is just overconfident? I haven't see her get giddy or insecure or rave about how good he looks shirtless. Some of these girls (Natalie, Shannon, Jillian, Melissa) have been shown to be visibly nervous and gaga over him.

Nicely Done!

I might have thought that except for when they were on the rooftop date, and she is talking to Natalie, she brings up how Natalie did that to Melissa too. I think Nikki and Melissa are friends.

I think when Nikki is talking about the people who aren't ready, she is reffering to Natalie, as we have seen previews for next week and that is who Nikki is talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3279059;
    Do you think the Bachelor should propose?

Give your reasons as to why or why not and be sure to include details such as under what circumstances, etc., if they apply.
    I can't think of any circumstance where the bachelor should propose in the finale. There's a reason why this show has such a high failure rate, living with someone in the real world completely changes the relationship. It's especially hard on the person who is expected to leave her home (and all that includes, such as job, friends, favorite places) and start a new life with someone she met a few months ago. Adding a young child to the mix (and a brother still living in the house?) complicates things even more.

Sometimes quick engagements can work in real life (a lot of us know someone who married their partner after knowing him or her for a couple months, or a similar story) but I think shows like the Bachelor sets expectations incredibly high, and it's hard to live up to that fantasy world.

People are on their best behavior in the first few months of a relationship. For example, I don't think you can really know someone until you've seen how they handle stress and conflict. It's unrealistic to propose to someone, or accept a proposal, before you've been through some lows together as well as the highs.

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;3279444;
    Tattletails never last long on The Bachelor. You think Nikki would put more effort into getting to know Jason and for him to get to know her rather than wasting her time telling him about the other women.

It makes it seem like she was not at all interested in him.
    Exactly. I rather suspected that Nikki was not really into Jason.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;3279501;
    Exactly. I rather suspected that Nikki was not really into Jason.
    Yup, that's my take too.

And then we have Molly who is determined to WIN. I don't think she's honestly into him either, but she defo wants to be the last one standing.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3279059;
    There has been an active discussion on the Melissa spoiler thread regarding proposals that probably shouldn't be there, so I will start it here:

Do you think the Bachelor should propose?

Give your reasons as to why or why not and be sure to include details such as under what circumstances, etc., if they apply.

Bloomers: No, I think it is ridiculous for any of them to propose. Just a little more than a month ago the man was dating 15 women at the same time, and the night before he seriously went out with another woman. In some cases, we know from what was said, he even slept with the F2. (Tara)
    No, absolutely not! Charlie was the smartest of them all when he said let's date in the real world to see how it works out. That's the ONLY way you can really know if someone is Mr. Right/Mrs. Right for you. Nevermind if you've got a toddler in tow...don't get me started on that!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3279519;
    No, absolutely not! Charlie was the smartest of them all when he said let's date in the real world to see how it works out. That's the ONLY way you can really know if someone is Mr. Right/Mrs. Right for you. Nevermind if you've got a toddler in tow...don't get me started on that!
    I agree - dating in the real world will let you know if he was Mr Right or Mr RightNow, as we've heard that it's not hard to get caught up in the moment when on those reality shows.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club