Thread: B13 Thoughts and Comments

Re: B13 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by bamabrain;3279229;
    This season is already in the "can" for me. I wish I could muster up enough excitement to post like I used to (shout-out to cafegirl ), but this season is just Sleepy in Seattle, as far as I'm concerned. Big yawn.
    I agree, bamabrain, and yes a huge shoutout to Cafegirl!

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3279237;
    I keep thinking about what a poster said a while back (not sure who said it though) Jason chose Melissa but would Melissa have chosen Jason if she was Bach'ette? I don't think she would have. On the other hand, I think Jillian would , as they really seem to have so much in common and I think could be friends and lovers in a marriage. Although I hope things work out for Jason and Melissa, I have a feeling that after awhile it's going to be too much for Melissa. Oh well, I hope if it does end, it will die a slow death and nobody will get hurt.
    I was the one that asked that question, and I truly wonder what the answer would be.

If you have a favorite that is not the F1, sometimes they are truly the winner.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;3279299;
    The only person who knows if Melissa is ready to be a wife and stepmother is Melissa.
    I 100% agree with this. I think it's nearly impossible for us to make assumptions about any of these ladies. Unless you actually know them personally, we really can't say definitively where they are in their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHoratio9;3279309;
    My wife (she was 31 when we married) dated very little in her 20's because, in her words, she had decided that she would prefer to be single than "settle" for less than what she wanted in a marriage. I'm not sure why she saw in me what she did, but we've been married for 26 years so I guess I was close enough for her.

Point is that not every girl in her 20s, regardless of how attractive they may be, is looking for a man on her arm at all costs. Some are only looking for the right man. Melissa filled her time with a job that takes just about all of your time. We can speculate on her motives and apply any views we choose based on limited evidence. Based on that same limited evidence it's equally possible to speculate that she's the real deal.
    Thank you for posting, MrHoratio! There's a perception that you can't know what you want if you haven't dated enough or had enough experiece. I disagree. There are people who know what they want and are patient enough to wait for it. I'll admit, I was surprised when I heard that Melissa hadn't dated in years, but good for her. If she's ready for marriage, has found her match in Jason and they're in love, I'm sure she knows her own heart better than we do. :

Quote Originally Posted by bamabrain;3279229;
    This season is already in the "can" for me. I wish I could muster up enough excitement to post like I used to (shout-out to cafegirl ), but this season is just Sleepy in Seattle, as far as I'm concerned. Big yawn.
    I have to agree. The mystery is already over this season. Besides,I just can't get used to the idea of a divorce, and 2 wedding proposals in a matter of 2 1/2 years. This just doesn't happen in the real world, in my point of view. So, I would have to answer Bloomers question here also, and state that I do not think he should have proposed. He has said that he fell in love with two women, and decided only the night before the final rose ceremony who he would choose. Then he followed up with a proposal a few hours later. Perhaps he will prove me wrong, and I do wish them well though.

Not that it matters, as I'm not going to marry any of these women, but I've yet to have my tv room all "light[ed] up" this season, as Jason purportedly said about his chosen one entering a room. In fact, I had to replace a light bulb after Monday night's show. Maybe it's one of those cases of 'you had to be there.'

My main pleasure so far has been in conducting grammar lessons to the tv screen. Afterwards, I've subjected the light of my life to several tirades on the proper usage of the subjective and objective pronoun cases. Ah, I guess I have to take what pleasures I can.

In a complete reversal of my usual stance, I'm begging Fleiss to script the show more but to allow the writers more leeway with the Fleissian formula.

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;3279299;
    The only person who knows if Melissa is ready to be a wife and stepmother is Melissa.
    exactly!

We know that she is giving serious consideration to all that is involved with a relationship with Jason. We saw / heard her discussing this with Nikki at the last FRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3279059;
    There has been an active discussion on the Melissa spoiler thread regarding proposals that probably shouldn't be there, so I will start it here:

Do you think the Bachelor should propose?

Give your reasons as to why or why not and be sure to include details such as under what circumstances, etc., if they apply.

Bloomers: No, I think it is ridiculous for any of them to propose. Just a little more than a month ago the man was dating 15 women at the same time, and the night before he seriously went out with another woman. In some cases, we know from what was said, he even slept with the F2. (Tara)

Really, I did not know he is alleged to have slept with the f1 lady. Well this should make for an interesting love story in the end. How long is this love story going to last?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilltopmom;3279410;
    We know that she is giving serious consideration to all that is involved with a relationship with Jason. We saw / heard her discussing this with Nikki at the last FRC.
    When I saw that convo between her and Nikki it seemed to me that Nikki was trying to get something out of her so that she could go tell Jason. Like getting Melissa to admit that maybe she wasnt ready or something. I thought it was interesting

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pminn1608;3279412;
    Really, I did not know he is alleged to have slept with the f1 lady. Well this should make for an interesting love story in the end. How long is this love story going to last?
    Not Jason....Jesse slept with Tara. If you will remember, he gave her the usual spiel about how much she meant to him, and he meant everything he said to her, etc.....At that point, she said, "I don't think that is appropriate considering what we did last night."

I was making a point that some of them even sleep with their F2s almost right before the FRC, and therefore I sure don't think it is appropriate for them to propose to the F1.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?