Page 700 of 701 FirstFirst ... 200600650690691692693694695696697698699700701 LastLast
Results 6,991 to 7,000 of 7010

Thread: Bachelor 13 - Media **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: Bachelor 13 - Media **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by sheesh;3377495;
    Jason earned every bit of public derision he gets.

When you "sell" yourself as Mr. Sensitive, Mr. Intergrity, Mr. Wouldn't Hurt Someone Like I Was Hurt....

and then show your actions to be 100% opposite of what you presented....

and then turn around and blame the victim, the ex-girlfriend, the show, the producers, your mother, the ex-wife, and whoever else you can point the finger at....

the public will put you in your place, and do so as long as they deem fit.
    Although this is pretty harsh and blunt, it gets the point across.

Regardless of whether you like anything about Melissa, her actions, or her intentions, her performance, or her hopes in life, what has been happening to Jason and continues to happen to Jason is a consequence of Jason's actions NOT MELISSA'S. To blame her or to be bitter for anything good that comes in her direction because he is suffuring for his actions is shortsighted.

Someone can dislike everything about Melissa all he/she likes, but Jason is accountable for his actions and the subsequent reactions and consequences to so actions.

Jason has stated that he is sorry how he did it, but he got what he wanted.

Regardless of what Melissa ever does, if good happens to her or doesn't, completely apart from that is always the unrefutable fact that Jason did what he wanted to do which was to ultimately end up with Molly.
    He has now stated that several times.

Unfortunately, Jason continues to get bashed because:

Jason got what he wanted regardless of the cost.
    Last edited by Bloomers; 03-10-2009 at 10:27 AM.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

If Melissa was planning on going back to her old job that would make sense. Should she just hang out until next fall and wait for a teaching cert. program? I mean I coulnd't just not work for several months. I can't afford it. her doing DWTS is a win win for everyone, her, ABC, Molly and Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by PDXgal;3377489;
    ITA, I think the whole Bachelor thing tonight was not only a way to introduce and but because they didn't have time to do an introductory package for her. She just started practicing Sat morning and had to learn the dance, get her costume fitted, do all the camera blocking, etc. I expect next week, her being on TB may be mentioned, but they're not going to play up the break up part. She did GREAT tonight considering everything.

I also think, it's time to stop bashing Jason and Molly. Although I was glad Bonnie Hunt asked some good questions of both Jason and Molly, it was kinda of hard to watch, it's getting a little old, I think they get a lot of people hate them.

Let's let them get on with their lives and let Melissa have fun taking advantage of great opportunity.
    You and I are on exactly the same page.

FORT Fan

OK - this is long but I think worth reading...for all of the things I point out!

I think those bashing Melissa for going on DWTS and those questioning her "star" status need to remember a few things - some of which have been pointed out already.

She was a dancer/cheerleader throughout her school years.

Then, she was a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader - the MOST FAMOUS "cheerleader" in the entire world! She was the "star" of The Bachelor's 25 picks - she already had a following from some who follow the DCC cheerleaders and then those who followed her on the DCC Reality Show (and many are probably not both!!)

Then she went through a VERY PUBLIC breakup that was mentioned in mainstream media - even hardhitting news outlets - but especially played out on ABC - Good Morning America for 3 mornings last week had planned segments on it! It was something that unless you were living under a rock, even if you have never watched one single Bachelor show...you knew this show existed last week even if you never read the article or listened to the interview, you heard about it during the "set-up" for the show or saw the headline. Period!

5 days ago, Nancy O'Dell (one of the "stars" of DWTS) was injured and out of the show. The show needs a certain amount of people involved in order to make it play like the show does...one contestant voted off each week to last until a specified week. These things are put in place MONTHS ahead of last night's airing. TV is planned down to the fraction of a second. They need to have these people in order for the show to work. They might have been able to make it work without one star but TWO got injured - they didn't have a choice but to find replacements!

They need someone in 3 DAYS to fill this spot.

So...ABC - the network that DWTS is on - has had the most "in your face newsweek" in a long time, NOT based on the ugly mess our country/world is in but based on a frivolous reality show based on love...something people can focus on intsead of all of the negative things in their lives.

Now not sure if you are all aware of this, but these stars have been training for the past month or longer!!! These are "stars" in different fields but not ballroom dancers. Now they need someone who is going to be able to fill the spot lost by the other person. Someone who has the background to fill this roll without the 8 hours a day every single day for 30 days or more but instead has 2 days to fill it! This is NOT to say she is somehow disqualified - remember they had Krist Yamaguci who had just as much "training" as Melissa does. They have a Gold Medal Gymnast this season. So not having dance background doesn't make one a BALLROOM Dancer!

This is an ABC show...they have someone who has arguably been the most "talked about" person in the country. Someone who had "star status" before the Bachelor.

Because admit it - a cheerleader for ANY OTHER FOOTBALL TEAM would not be considered a "star" or "celebrity". A Seahawks Cheerleader may have very limited "local star" status for a very short time.

However, a DCC can catapult you into the spotlight! There are those who have used that "celebrity" as a stepping stone into REAL star status.

Not only that - but there was already precedent setting stuff here - anyone remember that TRISTA was a contestant on DWTS?? And while she was voted off early, probably because she didn't have much following...I don't think that will be the case here with Melissa!

Put all of those things together, added to the fact that Melissa with all of her dance background could pick up this ready-made routine in TWO DAYS and perform it for millions of people on TV...and she fit the roll and could be the only person to be able to fit that roll.

The ONLY reason she fit this was because all of those things fell into place - the timing, her background, not having any other "commitments" that allowed her to pick up her life and leave it again for possibly 3 months. Remember, that is also part of this - her life is obviously set up to be able to do that and think about how difficult that would be for ANYONE - especially with 24 hours notice!!!!!!!! Many stars have been asked to do this show and couldn't give up that much time in their lives.

Sorry, but all of this needs to be taken into account when "judging" Melissa for doing this!

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie;3377846;
    I vote for inflated ego.

What irritates me so much about him is his inability to stop talking. Do we really need to know that he feels DWTS didn't show a fair representation of him?! Dude, be gracious and smile through gritted teeth if you have to. But don't apologize on every talk show you're on, then make contrary comments afterwards. Sheesh.
    I also wish he would stop talking at times, admittedly.

I just don't think that equates to being full of himself.

Quote Originally Posted by bizbachfan;3377894;
    If Melissa was planning on going back to her old job that would make sense. Should she just hang out until next fall and wait for a teaching cert. program? I mean I coulnd't just not work for several months. I can't afford it. her doing DWTS is a win win for everyone, her, ABC, Molly and Jason.
    Yay. I so agree with this. Also I think this is a great opportunity for Melissa to move on. She's going to be putting a lot of energy into this endeavour, which is exactly what she needs right now, looking forward instead of backward. I liked the female judge's positive and constructive suggestions as to how she can improve. She's getting a lot of support without it being focused on the past. I wish her all the best.
    "The book you are reading is one man's opinion of moonlight" - Young Girl Blues, Donovan Leitch

I think its a good "healing point." I hope they can all move on and fans are too hard on any of them.
    I was a little surprised at the NZ tourist video featuring Molly and Jason gushing about that is where they fell in love.
    But to be I guess it is good PR for them.

FORT Newbie

Hollywood reporter announces highest rated premiere for dancing with the stars. Said it reversed a trend of the last couple of seasons. Seemed to attribute a lot to melissa here in terms of this being a stroke of genius on their part, continuing the bachelor story and creating a cinderella ending.

This only worked because melissa can actually dance.

I think melissa may have a big career with abc. Potentially hosting, acting or something else. Visually she totally looked like a young mary tyler moore.

Jason should go back to his personal life at this point, rather than continually commenting and subtly changing his story. Be gracious and move on.

If I were molly I think I'd be nervous about where this relationship is heading.

Jason seems to grab, hold Molly so much, can't help but wonder if he is getting a little nervous about losing her.
    I hope they do work out because he needs a Molly for sure

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by casualfan;3377864;
    Funny what keeps coming to my mind is her DCC bio where her goal was to be an entertainment reporter.

Seems like if that is really a goal for her then DWTS is a great stepping stone. After all she's replacing an entertainment reporter! I'm just guessing that after her DWTS stint is over she will at least get an opportunity to try her hand at that particular goal. Good for her!

I don't doubt that teaching is a career she is interested in. But luckily for her at 25 she has many many doors open for her.
    I had this same thought when watching the show last night. Melissa has the look and the presence of someone who will make a very good entertainment reporter. That's what I was thinking even before being reminded that she had said that this was her career goal. By being on TB and DWTS, she is taking the right steps to make that goal a reality.
    There is nothing about Melissa, other than a couple of conveniently timed comments, that says she is ever going to be a teacher.