Thread: Bachelor 13 - Media **Spoilers**

sdl

Re: Bachelor 13 - Media **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3374682;
    I know that the common sense approach is not very popular with the lynch 'im atmosphere we've got going on , but as an educator, this makes sense to me even though I don't live in Texas.
    The earliest she would have been available would have been after Jan. 18th. That would assume she had already been accepted in to what ever college program with which she was going to be involved.
    She would have been worked into their list of already existing students to be placed into classrooms this semester.

Technically, I don't think this makes sense as it takes time to get these kinds of things all lined up and co-ordinated first in the School of Education itself and then in the field of education between colleges and public schools.

My best guess would be that the earliest she could be in the public school classroom in a mentored program would be this fall.
    Hey B, you're a friend of mine but I take issue with your suggestion that not buying hook, line and sinker that Melissa still very much wants to be a teacher but just hasn't had time to enroll (and therefore signed up to do DWTS..) makes someone a member of a lynch mob. Ok, maybe some people are, but it's fair to question whether she wants to go into teaching anymore, or was ever really committed to it or was just talking.
    I'm sticking with "who knows."

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles22;3374642;
    Okay, and that's a problem... for who?
    I agree. I think it is awesome that she agreed to fill in last minute.. with what..a week to practice?
    I am sure DWTS producers were in a panic with 2 contestants dropping forced out a week before the new season was to begin.

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3374305;
    WOW! Just when I had decided that I wasn't going to watch it since Jewel had to drop out.

WHEEEEE!!! (hope it's true!) And that Max is her partner!
    Nancy's partner was Tony Dolovani so I think Melissa will get him. Sorry VelvetRed.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3374691;
    Hey B, you're a friend of mine but I take issue with your suggestion that not buying hook, line and sinker that Melissa still very much wants to be a teacher but just hasn't had time to enroll (and therefore signed up to do DWTS..) makes someone a member of a lynch mob. Ok, maybe some people are, but it's fair to question whether she wants to go into teaching anymore, or was ever really committed to it or was just talking.
    I'm sticking with "who knows."
    I agree. I am not a member of any camp and think we will probably never know. I wish we did however because if Melissa's true aim for coming on TB was to further a career in media then Jason and Molly are being cruicified unjustly. Yes, Jason should not have broken up with her on television however IF Melissa was not actually in love with him and therefore heartbroken then that just furthered her exposure. No one's to blame except for TPTB who I believe pulled all the strings and set everything in motion no matter which scenario is true.

Well, I think it is great. Why can't people just be happy for her. She can still teach later and do this now. I think people are being way to hard on her. She loves to dance. This is a complete different style of dance and it will actually be harder for her in some ways.

If she does a good job, she will get my vote.

And on the plus side, I hope it pisses Jason and Molly off. Jillian gets to be the next Bachelorette, Melissa has a chance to learn a new style of dance and maybe go far in this competition and Molly gets Jason, so Molly is really F3in the whole scope of things.
    Happiness isn't just an emotion, it is a state of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by minime;3374690;
    If you are really motivated to teach in Texas, they make it easy for you, because we need teachers. It can be done in half a year, as long as you have a degree.
    When I said that I believe it would be Fall before she could be in a classroom, I was referring to her availability with respect to her commitment to DWTS. And being in this program does presume she completed her undergraduate degree, and I don't know whether she has.

I agree with SDL, though. The direction of her life is up for grabs, but I would not rule out teaching because of any sort of difficulty with getting her into a classroom. It is just not that hard to do in Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3374654;
    I don't understand the question. Is what a problem for who? (sounds like Dr. Suess)
    Anyway, none of this is a problem as far as I'm concerned. Those are just the facts.
    My interpretation (because I had much the same reaction) was along the lines of if it really matters if she delays something she was going to do or not. It's her life. She doesn't have to answer to anyone on whether she becomes a teacher or not.

There are plenty of people in life, both younger and older than Melissa, who think they're going to do one thing in life, but don't follow through. It's her choice.

Teaching could've been or could still be something she would like to do. None of us know that for certain. It didn't ring true to me when I heard her say it, but if she was serious about it, good for her!

It's not up to us to pass judgment on whether or not she follows through with plans she has thought about.
    "The greatest pain that comes from love is loving someone you can never have." ~Anonymous

"No word on whether or not Molly Malaney will be backstage in case Dovolani wishes to change partners."

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3374685;
    I would think so. If she chose this route, she would not be in any "School of Education" and these programs are not associated with a Master's. They are an alternative track to credentialing, especially in states where there is a shortage of teachers. Most of the teachers who go on to credential through TEA-mentored programs in Texas *will* go on (there might even be a requirement that they *must* go on?) to get a Master's, but that is not part of this method of getting to the credential. She would not be "in school" in the traditional sense.
    I wonder, and don't crack my head open for asking because I really don't know, whether Melissa has a college degree. If so, in what? (wouldn't this be on her Facebook page?)
    If not, how much schooling does she have? When and where?
    Did she ever take any education courses? Did she make good grades, eek by, drop out?
    We can't have an intelligent discussion without the facts.

I never had feeling for Molly one way or the other. Don't think we got a good edit or actually saw very much of her. I can't understand all the 'hate' for her though. One thing I will say is that when she came out on Ellen I truly believe that she had expectations of being booed and yet, she still came out - that, to me, took courage.

Quote Originally Posted by sueb1961;3374564;
    That was her whole reason for doing the bachelor in the first place IMO. I thought she was acting. I never believed she was split from the ex either. If this was a set up, I think she was in on it and promised another show.
    Sueb1961, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this way, I believe you are right on with your comments