Page 51 of 701 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101151551 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelor 13 - Media **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: Bachelor 13 - Media **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by twochicklets;3273561;
    I respectfully disagree with this. In my own personal dating experience, I couldn't just fall in love with anyone that I liked or was even attracted to. Falling in love IMO is much bigger than that. And more rare. I suspect it is hard to fall in love period on The Bachelor, with all the other people around all the time and the artificialness of the process. If love is found, IMO it is a total fluke and they are lucky. I had to kiss many, many frogs to find my prince, it was definately NOT 1 in 25 and most especially not 2 in 25! Again, this is all through MY filter and is my opinion.
    If he fell in love with 2 people at the same time, then he didn't fall in love with the one person that ends up as F1. He fell into some kind of squiggly feeling around his heart, but it wasn't the kind of love that lasts through hardships.

Now, although I couldn't fall that hard that quickly for even one guy, there have now been enough people come on to this board with their own personal experiences and those of people they know that I can't just automatically throw out the possibilty and say they are dead wrong.

However, I do not conceivably see how you can "fall in love" with 2 people at the same time. If so, then it isn't really love - it is something else.

He is either toeing the company line with that phrase to make the two simultaneous relationships we see developing seem believable, he makes a poor choice of phrases in order to spare the feelings of the F2 even at this point, or he doesn't know the difference himself.
    Maybe he is even rationalizing, and trying to justify within himself how he could have led F2 on like he did so that he doesn't feel so badly with himself for his actions. If he actually did fall in love with her, so he might think, might it be somewhat better when he has to reject her and break her heart for both of them to believe this - to think that and that he didn't just lead her on only to callously dump her?

They didn't used to use the phrase, "fallen in love with 2 people". They said, " I am falling for 2 people" which is not the same, or "I have deep feelings" which is still not the same as "fallen in love" and definitely not in the same category as "I love you" said in a romantic sense and in a romantic setting.

Any way you look at it, it takes away in my opinion from what he feels for his F1. What is she supposed to think?
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

I think he is saying that he is "in love with 2 people" because that's what the producers told him to say. Remember, last season DeAnna said the same thing. That she was in love with both of them but loves the other one more. But, I think he loves his F1 a lot, because he always has a big smile on his face when people ask him if he's happy and in love.

Bonnie Hunt Show- Monday Jan. 12th....My station carries it at 10...Look it up where you are.

PS.....Am I the only one that didn't know Episode to is also 2 hours?
    To be a Fly on the wall! Seek and ye shall find!

FORT Newbie

The bachelor in this show has always said that he was in love with / falling in love with two women at the same time. It is a line to be as much expected as Chris Harrison saying "This is the final rose tonight". It means little - to Jason, to his real choice, and to me. It's all part of the act.

That's not to say I believe all is part of an act - I believe we see some reality on the show - but this line is not it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3273583;
    If he fell in love with 2 people at the same time, then he didn't fall in love with the one person that ends up as F1. He fell into some kind of squiggly feeling around his heart, but it wasn't the kind of love that lasts through hardships.

Now, although I couldn't fall that hard that quickly for even one guy, there have now been enough people come on to this board with their own personal experiences and those of people they know that I can't just automatically throw out the possibilty and say they are dead wrong.

However, I do not conceivably see how you can "fall in love" with 2 people at the same time. If so, then it isn't really love - it is something else.

He is either toeing the company line with that phrase to make the two simultaneous relationships we see developing seem believable, he makes a poor choice of phrases in order to spare the feelings of the F2 even at this point, or he doesn't know the difference himself.
    Maybe he is even rationalizing, and trying to justify within himself how he could have led F2 on like he did so that he doesn't feel so badly with himself for his actions. If he actually did fall in love with her, so he might think, might it be somewhat better when he has to reject her and break her heart for both of them to believe this - to think that and that he didn't just lead her on only to callously dump her?

They didn't used to use the phrase, "fallen in love with 2 people". They said, " I am falling for 2 people" which is not the same, or "I have deep feelings" which is still not the same as "fallen in love" and definitely not in the same category as "I love you" said in a romantic sense and in a romantic setting.

Any way you look at it, it takes away in my opinion from what he feels for his F1. What is she supposed to think?
    I completely agree Bloomers. I am sure that J has real feelings for F2, but I believe he only fell in love with his F1.
    "Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." ~ Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3273583;

He's toeing the company line.

Quote Originally Posted by sunny_peach;3273618;
    I completely agree Bloomers. I am sure that J has real feelings for F2, but I believe he only fell in love with his F1.
    So my question is--how does one determine which things he is saying just because he has to, and which things he is saying because he really means them? We can speculate all day long. The only thing we know is that Jason has stated that he was in love with both of the F2 women. And that, IMO, was a bad call. I wouldn't want to be the chosen one hearing that comment--whether he meant it or not.
    When you judge others, you do not define them. You define yourself. ~Wayne Dyer

Quote Originally Posted by grneyedgirl;3273662;
    So my question is--how does one determine which things he is saying just because he has to, and which things he is saying because he really means them? We can speculate all day long. The only thing we know is that Jason has stated that he was in love with both of the F2 women. And that, IMO, was a bad call. I wouldn't want to be the chosen one hearing that comment--whether he meant it or not.
    Me neither.

And this is just one example of why the supposed premise of this franchise is so beyond belief, as are the hosts, and all of the contestants and even (especially?) the main character.

They are trying to sell a dream, a fantasy. And they get paid for doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3273698;
    Me neither.

And this is just one example of why the supposed premise of this franchise is so beyond belief, as are the hosts, and all of the contestants and even (especially?) the main character.

They are trying to sell a dream, a fantasy. And they get paid for doing so.
    Kind of like that stereotype of the used car salesman.
    Then you go back to real life and realize those tires might be a worn after all, the wipers stick, the breaks squeal and at times it gives off a horrible exhaust smell.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;3273724;
    Kind of like that stereotype of the used car salesman.
    Then you go back to real life and realize those tires might be a worn after all, the wipers stick, the breaks squeal and at times it gives off a horrible exhaust smell.
    Yep.

That's why (for me), it's about mindless entertainment (guess I should have always known that, since it doesn't air on PBS). Of course, I'm exaggerating, there really IS educational/intellectual TV on other stations, you just have to hunt it down, LOL.