Page 3 of 701 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelor 13 - Media **Spoilers**

Re: Bachelor 13 - Media **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3254458;
    I found the "I haven't talked to DeAnna" part verrryyy interesting. So, if he's not fudging the truth in order to create a "surprise" on the show, who is going? Didn't one of the press releases say there is a surprise visit in NZ? That notice is what gave the Deanna rumor legs.

Anyway...it was a grammatically difficult read - hearing it would have been better. I know I'm prepositionally challenged, so I am definitely not one to throw stones - especially with speech rather than writing.

ETA: The word, mentor bothers me. Is it that far from tutor or babysitter?
    I noted that as well...... is it possible that De spoke with just the B'ette to give some advice to them? Truthfully, what would be the reasoning in having Jason speak with her? That ship has sunk.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3254458;
    I found the "I haven't talked to DeAnna" part verrryyy interesting. So, if he's not fudging the truth in order to create a "surprise" on the show, who is going? Didn't one of the press releases say there is a surprise visit in NZ? That notice is what gave the Deanna rumor legs.

Anyway...it was a grammatically difficult read - hearing it would have been better. I know I'm prepositionally challenged, so I am definitely not one to throw stones - especially with speech rather than writing.

ETA: The word, mentor bothers me. Is it that far from tutor or babysitter?
    I think he is walking a very straight line. Obviously, he has talked at some length with his ex about this venture, and they have come to an amicable agreement about his involvement ( as it relates to Ty). Therefore, he most likely feels that he needs to be very careful how he refers to the future stepmother and how she will relate to Ty.
    Jason says that custody is split which means that the mother has this child 50% of the time, so Ty really doesn't need a new or another mother. If Jason is not careful in his wording, and what he says comes across as sounding like he thinks he is getting Ty the new mother that he needs, then Jason takes the big risk of alienating his ex-wife.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Starlight6;3254451;
    Is he trying to sell the fact that he was able to feel confidant that the F1 was ready to settle down, be a wife, and mentor to Ty even though she may not have a child of her own?
    Yes, I think so. A couple weeks ago, rumors surfaced that the girl he chooses Melissa over is a single mom. And I got the feeling from the People article last week, that he was already starting to prepare people for that with the "I'm not looking for a mom for Ty, I'm looking for a partner for me" comment. And this just basically confirms that for me. Foreshadowing, if you will. Like Deanna's "I want someone who can put me number one".

"Jason Mesnick: But I think it's just knowing that maybe, you know, everybody's got different experience with kids and, you know, it could be that they already have a different level of experience with kids. It could be that, you know, they've got nieces or nephews and, you know, they want to have kids. It's not - and it's something that they've actually thought about as well."
    I think he's saying that she doesn't have to be a mom to know that she's ready for kids. That they can have a different level of experience with kids, like being around their nieces and nephews, to know that they're ready for that.

"Jason Mesnick: Yes. I mean when I'm saying - and I know I've said that before. And when I say "a parent," I mean of course I want to have more kids. And with that being said that, you know, I'm going to have more kids and the person that I've chosen, her and I will have a family and we'll have more kids and I - you know, obviously my expectations for that are that we are going to be parents together."
    But, look at the way he worded this - this almost makes me think that they both have kids vs him saying something like "We'll have children together"
    The whole answer (including the parts you cut out) is confusing. The guy was asking about Jason's earlier comments that he wanted his fiancee to be a role model to Ty, as opposed to a parent. (Btw, that's not exactly what Jason said....) He didn't word it very well, but I think Jason was trying to explain that the comment was in regards to Ty because "Ty has already got a mother". But parenting skills are still important because "we'll have more kids" eventually, other than Ty.
    Last edited by ky-la; 12-19-2008 at 12:08 AM.

FORT Fogey

I just found a couple clips from the premiere, but I'm not sure if it's a site I can link to. So...

Quote Originally Posted by ky-la;3254499;
    I just found a couple clips from the premiere, but I'm not sure if it's a site I can link to. So...
    I saw them and loved how excited Jason obviously was and I LOVE Raquel!

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ky-la;3254499;
    Could you name the site without turning it into a URL so we can travel there and see these clips - was it abc - is there a new video there?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3254532;
    Could you name the site without turning it into a URL so we can travel there and see these clips - was it abc - is there a new video there?
    Cinema Blend

If you google "Jason Mesnick", then click on News, then "Sort by date", it's currently the first result.

It's a couple clips from the first episode. One is of Jason basically intro'ing the season, which will probably be the first thing they show in the premiere. The other is a clip of Raquel and Molly dancing with Jason.

Last year we got a couple clips like this too. Of Paul jumping into the pool and Deanna shopping.
    Last edited by ky-la; 12-19-2008 at 03:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;3254455;
    He uses so many "you knows" and "likes" and repetitious, circuituous reasoning, that I can not figure out what he means! It's tedious!

or whatnots. hee hee. I don't even know anyone that uses the phrase what not.

Quote Originally Posted by ky-la;3254542;
    Cinema Blend

If you google "Jason Mesnick", then click on News, then "Sort by date", it's currently the first result.

It's a couple clips from the first episode. One is of Jason basically intro'ing the season, which will probably be the first thing they show in the premiere. The other is a clip of Raquel and Molly dancing with Jason.

Last year we got a couple clips like this too. Of Paul jumping into the pool and Deanna shopping.
    Thanks for the details, I'm not very good at finding stuff, but I managed to see the video, wow that makes me even more excited to see the season begin.

FORT Fogey

After plowing through the whatnots, you knows and atrocious grammar I have come to the conclusion; there are no clues as to single mom or not.

His emphasis on a partner for him first and foremost could be in defense of possible speculation that he chose for a woman with a child for that reason only. But it isn't. It was what he was looking for, a partner. Ty has a mother, as he said. I see nothing in this statement.

Looking for someone who has had life experience and gotton the partying out of their system is logical. That was his mission upon begining this experience. Makes sense. No clue here.

He wants to have more kids with the woman he chose. Okay. No clue here. Whether she has a child or not does not effect this desire/plan.

He is so inarticulate that to pick apart his sentences (are they even complete thoughts?) is fruitless. Most statements are clearly from a perspective upon entering this experience. He has been told to do interviews from that vantage point and all the statements about nieces and nephews, how do they feel about kids etc is about his approach to this season.

He is sitting there with a handler who's objective is to keep the end a secret and give nothing away. Has been coached to talk about how he felt going into this. This is what we are reading. Jason at the begining.