Page 2 of 701 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102502 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelor 13 - Media **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: Bachelor 13 - Media **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by casualfan;3254305;
    ABC Medianet has posted excerpts of Jason's initial conference call and some of Chris H commenting on the season. Very cool new feature and maybe a couple of little nuggets!

ABC Medianet
    I wish we could listen to the whole thing, not just the sound clips.

It sounds completely different listening to the clips, as opposed to reading what he said. You don't even notice the "you know"'s, etc.

Why is it obvious that F-1 doesn't have kids?

I felt the complete opposite way. I think the interview makes it seem like he did choose one of the single moms. When he says that he was looking for someone who had already been through their own experience and in turn gotten the partying out of their system I would imagine that would fit one of the single mothers very well.
    "You know Ryan as the firefighting athlete who won my heart on a television show. I know though, that it was not only my heart that was won. Millions of you fell for him, but not just for him - but for the hope of him." ~Trista~

FORT Regular

I can talk myself in to both based on how you look at the interview... he mentions that he needed a woman that had been through experiences in life to know that she wants to settle down and have family - that made me think someone who has been involved in a famiily situation already, either having a child or maybe a bachelorette that has previously been in a relationship with a man that had children. But then, he mentions that he could know that she would do well with Ty becuase she may either have neices/nephews, expericence with children in other ways etc..... that makes me think that maybe she doesn't have a child but either interacts with children in her family frequently or as part of her carrer..... etc

And, Megan could fit the mold for both, not only has she been though motherhood, and knows what it takes and what life is like when children are involved she is a coach so she interacts with children on the field as well... she obviously has a love for children because coaching requires a lot of patience.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by dpao84;3254419;
    I felt the complete opposite way. I think the interview makes it seem like he did choose one of the single moms. When he says that he was looking for someone who had already been through their own experience and in turn gotten the partying out of their system I would imagine that would fit one of the single mothers very well.
    I disagree. (Note: I took out all the "you know"s to make it easier to read. )

On what he learned from Deanna...

What I also learned through that experience is that the person I need to be with has to have been through some kind of their own experience in life to know that they're ready for a family. Because it's already Ty and I. I've already got a family.
    As opposed to the girl he chose?

On how he knows they're really ready for a family...

It's just conversations. I think I'm a fairly good judge of character. And when you sit down and you talk to somebody about their view on the world, what they want out of life. Do they want kids, do they not want kids? I think you can get those answers without initially seeing them with a child.

Also, as I've mentioned before, if the father is in the child's life (which I would assume is the case with everyone but Stephanie) she can't just pick up and move to Seattle. Which is what, according to Jason, his fiancee is doing as soon as the show's over.
    Last edited by ky-la; 12-18-2008 at 11:10 PM.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by ky-la;3254444;
    I disagree. (Note: I took out all the "you know"s to make it easier to read. )

On what he learned from Deanna...

As opposed to the girl he chose?

On how he knows they're really ready for a family...

Also, as I've mentioned before, if the father is in the child's life (which I would assume is the case with everyone but Stephanie) she can't just pick up and move to Seattle. Which is what, according to Jason, his fiancee is doing as soon as the show's over.
    Ok - what is your take on these statements????

"Jason Mesnick: But I think it's just knowing that maybe, you know, everybody's got different experience with kids and, you know, it could be that they already have a different level of experience with kids. It could be that, you know, they've got nieces or nephews and, you know, they want to have kids. It's not - and it's something that they've actually thought about as well."

Is he trying to sell the fact that he was able to feel confidant that the F1 was ready to settle down, be a wife, and mentor to Ty even though she may not have a child of her own?

"Jason Mesnick: Yes. I mean when I'm saying - and I know I've said that before. And when I say "a parent," I mean of course I want to have more kids. And with that being said that, you know, I'm going to have more kids and the person that I've chosen, her and I will have a family and we'll have more kids and I - you know, obviously my expectations for that are that we are going to be parents together."
    But, look at the way he worded this - this almost makes me think that they both have kids vs him saying something like "We'll have children together"

He uses so many "you knows" and "likes" and repetitious, circuituous reasoning, that I can not figure out what he means! It's tedious!
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by dpao84;3254419;
    While he could be talking about single moms, I definitely felt that was a veiled reference to DeAnna who we found out started out her Bachelorette experience indicating that she wanted to marry and have children but ended it by indicating that she wanted to experience a little more high life and a career in the media first.
    Having "gone through their own experience" was a bit confusing. At first it sounds like he means she should have already had the experience of being a mom, but on closer inspection it appears like he might be referring to this person needs to have gone through some kind of (life's) experience that would have equipped her to be ready to settled down as his wife and the stepmother of his child.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

I found the "I haven't talked to DeAnna" part verrryyy interesting. So, if he's not fudging the truth in order to create a "surprise" on the show, who is going? Didn't one of the press releases say there is a surprise visit in NZ? That notice is what gave the Deanna rumor legs.

Anyway...it was a grammatically difficult read - hearing it would have been better. I know I'm prepositionally challenged, so I am definitely not one to throw stones - especially with speech rather than writing.

ETA: The word, mentor bothers me. Is it that far from tutor or babysitter?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I AGREE with those saying it could be a single mum (however probability wise it doesnt look good 21:4)

1) when he talks about having a family with her, it means theyve probably talked about biologically joining together, regardless if theyve both got kids. Yes, they are a family now but having a child together would complete it.

2) We do not know much about the single mums' childrens fathers, for all we know they could have been gone for years/months or just not speak much. A seattle move would not be too harsh in this case.

3)When jason talks about a family, he cant say 'shes gotta be ready for another; as thats obvious, He has to say generalised comments. When he talks about seeing her with a child, he may mean her own. When he talks about 'do they want kids?' its addressing a generalisation-ie if she has a kid the answer is a yes, or the question is actually do they want MORE kids.

Not that its definately a single mum but that its still an open field
    BIG BROTHER INSTANT CELEBRITY MIX- Just add Fame hungry Idiot.

Warning: Effects may not last.