Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Treasure **Spoilers**

FORT Fan

Re: Treasure **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3256315;
    Uh-oh...you had better cover your head because you are going to get jumped on! Why should it matter that her husband got killed in a plane crash? yada, yada...She knew what she was doing when she joined up, and she took the chance of getting her heart crushed again. If Jason wants to basically use her because she is beautiful, knowing that he has already chosen his F1 and take her anyway to F2, it should not matter that she is a widow with a tragic background. To heck with any of her extenduating circumstances.
    For heaven's sake, don't cut her any slack.....
    All I was saying was that I hope Jason won't use her and drag her through the process if he doesn't feel the connection.

I was hoping Treasure made it far but it doesn't sound like it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan76;3256372;
    All I was saying was that I hope Jason won't use her and drag her through the process if he doesn't feel the connection.

I was hoping Treasure made it far but it doesn't sound like it.
    Those are my sentiments as well.
    I don't like it when any of them get hurt, but it just seems to me that the widow has been through some extraordinary pain. If he already knows she isn't going to be the F1, I would hope that he would spare her additional pain as early as possible. I know that he has to take somebody to F2, but there are other ladies who have not had that kind of emotional trauma in their lives.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

The thing is, no matter how kind and compassionate Jason is, he still has to follow the game rules. Say, even if he was only interested in 4 women from day 1, he could only cut 10. He still had to take someone to F2. Should he take someone he likes the second best or somebody who is tougher and less likely to be hurt? IDK.

FORT Newbie

Re: Stephanie **Spoilers**

Don't worry too much about Stephanie because she always comes out ahead. Her first finace bought her an extremely expensive car along with her engagement ring, then dumped her right before the wedding. Her husband died not long after they married, which was just awful, but she's not exactly scrimping. She lives in an unbelievable house on a mountainside, complete with the most gorgeous pool in the world. She is incredibly wealthy and will probably end up with more after she is finished with her lawsuit against the plane manufacturer. She once dated a Backstreet Boy and was a beauty queen.

Typical rich girl southern belle, all about attention. Mommy and daddy live down the street and take care of every whim. Life isn't exactly rough for Stephanie Hogan.

Quote Originally Posted by knowthemwell;3256900;
    Don't worry too much about Stephanie because she always comes out ahead. Her first finace bought her an extremely expensive car along with her engagement ring, then dumped her right before the wedding. Her husband died not long after they married, which was just awful, but she's not exactly scrimping. She lives in an unbelievable house on a mountainside, complete with the most gorgeous pool in the world. She is incredibly wealthy and will probably end up with more after she is finished with her lawsuit against the plane manufacturer. She once dated a Backstreet Boy and was a beauty queen.

Typical rich girl southern belle, all about attention. Mommy and daddy live down the street and take care of every whim. Life isn't exactly rough for Stephanie Hogan.
    Hmm quite interesting. Thanks for sharing and welcome to the board!

I just love it when people are so jealous of someone else's earnings. She did work for a living. I'd hardly call her 'wealthy' or 'scrimping'. As for living close to her parents, that's what Megan did and a lot of single mom's do. I don't know what difference between a typical rich southern gal is to any other region of the country. Please, explain. Oh, and what is this doing in the Treasure thread?

As for the Backstreet boy boyfriend, why don't you know specifically which one? Wasn't that waaay back in 1991? So, who cares?

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3256921;
    I don't know what difference between a typical rich southern gal is to any other region of the country. Please, explain. Oh, and what is this doing in the Treasure thread?
    Firstly, I can't answer why this is in the Treasure thread; however, having lived in the South for 8 years, there is a stereotypical preconception about "rich Southern girls" that I came across while living there.

Sometimes I wonder whether the stereotype isn't based on some type of jealousy; the preconception is that they don't do anything with their lives other than sit on the local JV boards and participate in JV functions and live off the wealth of their parents.

I met quite a few "well off" Southern Ladies in my time in the South and I must say that in my opinion the stereotype is not based in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by notsorealityfan;3256924;
    Firstly, I can't answer why this is in the Treasure thread; however, having lived in the South for 8 years, there is a stereotypical preconception about "rich Southern girls" that I came across while living there.

Sometimes I wonder whether the stereotype isn't based on some type of jealousy; the preconception is that they don't do anything with their lives other than sit on the local JV boards and participate in JV functions and live off the wealth of their parents.

I met quite a few "well off" Southern Ladies in my time in the South and I must say that in my opinion the stereotype is not based in fact.
    I just want to get to know all the ladies. Whether they are moms or not. I am just happy that single moms now get a chance. It was treated as if they had some horrible secret. I don't think they are any better than non-moms, but they bring something to the story they don't.

FORT Fogey

There's an oldie-goldie Beatle song called "Money Can't Buy Me Love". Although it appears that she has had wealthy benefits, I would say that these two heartaches have pretty well helped to balance out the luxurious lifestyle you have painted.
    I don't live in money, but I can tell you that in my life money would not fill up a (symbolic) open spot in my heart.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast