Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sharon **Spoilers**

Re: Sharon **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;3259707;
    I thought it was Stacia who was home for Halloween, not Sharon. I don't think we have anything about Sharon.
    I think you are right. I haven't seen or heard anything about her, that could be good or bad. I am excited about her just in general, it's nice to read about a teacher whose students really want her back because they miss her. I fear though she won't be there long...but who knows...keeping the fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by i<3realitytv;3259662;
    BUT isn't the "jumper" part of a fantasy date? Sharon was home for halloween so she couldn't have made it that far....
    To me, she is the only one whose hair is that long. Besides tacky Natalie and I don't think it is her.

Any other piccies of her except what is on Bach stuff? LIke myspace or something.

How do you know she was home for Halloween. If she was..then it isn't her.
    Still hopeless to see a GREAT romance!! <3

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Here is a sweet cap from the Meet and Greet. It looks as though she is about to interrupt and ask Jason for some alone time.

The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Looks like this site got a mention in her local newspaper ~

Batavia woman among 'Bachelorettes'

Sharon Staebell is a 1995 BHS graduate
    From staff reports
    Thursday, December 18, 2008 9:32 PM EST

BATAVIA — One of the contestants to make a play for bachelor Jason Mesnick on The Bachelor is one of the city’s own, school officials confirmed this morning.

Sharon Staebell, 32, is a 1995 graduate of Batavia High School. A family member, who asked not to be identified, could not talk due to strict show rules. Contestants must sign a waiver that prohibits family members from talking or the contestants could face legal consequences.

Victor Central School officials were equally mum on the topic. Human Resources Director Mike DeMott said that Staebell was a teacher and volleyball coach at the district but is “not currently” employed there. He had no further comment.

Staebell will be one of 25 people trying to win the heart of ABC's new bachelor when the reality romance series premieres Jan. 5. ABC announced the bachelorettes Wednesday.

Staebell was on the list and admitted she “quit her job as a school teacher for a chance to be with him."

Mesnick, 32, is an account executive in estate and legacy planning. He is also a single father, ABC says.

In forums for the Web site FansofRealityTV.com, Staebell is identified as a Spanish language teacher and volleyball coach. One post said “Her students’ ID her on a blog. They loved her and wanted her back.”

Sharon is the third oldest of the 25 contestants, who range from age 23 to 36. Four of the contestants are single mothers, the first time The Bachelor has included moms.

The other “Bachelorettes” are described by ABC as a Brazilian seductress, a pageant queen eager for motherhood, and a voluptuous free spirit who has her eye on Mesnick to fulfill her dream of a big, international-type family.

This will be th 13th edition of The Bachelor, which begins with a two-hour episode at 8 p.m. Jan. 5.

The Daily News Online > Archives > News > Batavia woman among 'Bachelorettes'

~~~~~~~~~

As a follow up with this newspaper:

2008 IN REVIEW: Top local entertainment stories

7.) THE BATAVIA BACHELORETTE: When ABC revealed the 25 women who would vie for love on the 13th edition of The Bachelor the list includes a Batavia woman. We soon learned her name: Sharon Staebell. The story is the most read on The Daily News Web site.

The Daily News Online > Entertainment > 2008 IN REVIEW: Top local entertainment stories
    Last edited by BlondieGal; 01-01-2009 at 07:52 PM.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

How nice that the FoRT got mentioned in the Batavia paper.
    Sounds like some reporter at that newspaper is doing their homework!

FORT Fogey

Do you think Sharon gets a hometown date in Batavia?
    If so, she's quite close to Niagara Falls... maybe they went there?
    You never get a second chance to make a first impression.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolCruiser;3263016;
    Do you think Sharon gets a hometown date in Batavia?
    If so, she's quite close to Niagara Falls... maybe they went there?
    I tried looking there as well as two other water places nearby, but came up empty in terms of fitting the umbrella picture. Looks like the umbrella picture was taken in NZ.

That would be a fantastic sight to visit if she gets a hometown date.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;3263023;
    I tried looking there as well as two other water places nearby, but came up empty in terms of fitting the umbrella picture. Looks like the umbrella picture was taken in NZ.

That would be a fantastic sight to visit if she gets a hometown date.

Oh I think the umbrella pic is for sure NZ .
    But if she is in F4 maybe there is a HTD referenced in the local news of Niagara Falls.... you know.... tourists taking pics etc. that just accidently had a TV show in the background...
    However, I'm not sure she made it to F4....???
    You never get a second chance to make a first impression.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

So much for Sharon advancing beyond the F12. For those who were going to watch her as I was, it looks as though she may leave at the F12/F9 cut. Molly can now be seen as umbrella girl and is the blond F3/F2.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

More from Sharon's local paper where they reference the FORT!

Ben.

Batavia 'Bachelor' hopeful makes debut tonight

By Ben Beagle bbeagle@batavianews.com
    Monday, January 5, 2009 10:46 AM EST
    Batavia native Sharon Staebell admits to being nervous, but mostly she's excited about tonight's season premiere of The Bachelor.

Staebell, 32, a 1995 graduate of Batavia High School, is one of 25 women hoping to win the heart of bachelor Jason Mesnick. The 13th edition of the reality-romance series gets a two-hour premiere at 8 tonight on ABC, WKBW-TV, channel 7 in Buffalo, and WHAM-TV, channel 13 in Rochester.

NOW PLAYING: Jason Mesnick talks about what he's looking for in a woman.

Staebell said she has not seen the episode in advance.

"I'm a little nervous because I don't know how I'm going to come across. But mostly I'm excited that it's finally going to be on," said Staebell, who is planning to mark the occasion with a little gathering of family and friends at her home in Le Roy.

Viewers will have to wait and see how far Staebell goes on the series, but fans are already speculating online about the chances of various bachelorettes.

At the Web site "Fans of Reality TV," forum posters have scoured social-networking sites such as MySpace and Facebook for clues and have scanned show promos, screen captures and photos from the series.

Of Staebell, one poster says "she does have a sweetness about her --- I can see that she would make it far along and would not be surprised if she is in the F4" (final four). Others predict Staebell staying until the final 12 or 9 bachelorettes.

Mesnick, 32, a single father from Seattle, is an account executive in estate and legacy planning. He became a favorite of fans of the reality-romance series after being rejected by DeAnna Pappas, the most recent Bachelorette, in a companion series.

In the past week Mesnick has acknowledged in several interviews that he's engaged and in love. To whom is unknown; that will be revealed in the season finale which will likely air in March or April.

In tonight's premiere, Mesnick returns to the Los Angeles mansion where it started for him and Pappas. He and viewers will meet the 25 bachelorettes, who range in age from 23 to 36. Four contestants are single mothers, the first time Bachelor has included moms.

Staebell, as previously reported, admits she resigned from her teacher's job for the chance to meet him.

Emily, from Seattle, tries to press her hometown advantage (Mesnick lives in Seattle). Shannon, a flirtatious brunette from Marshall, Mo., tries to prove that she is Jason's biggest fan by showing off her extensive knowledge of his life. Jillian, from Alberta, Canada, reveals that she can assess a man based on the condiments he chooses for his hot dog (which Mesnick puts to the test). Raquel, a Brazilian bombshell, invites Mesnick for a sexy samba by the pool, only to have Molly, a girl-next-door type from Grand Rapids, Mich., cut in for a jazzy slow dance.

As the evening goes on, a new wrinkle is introduced: the women are asked to vote for the bachelorette that she would like to see leave immediately.

By the end of the episode, Mesnick will eliminate 10 of the 25 women. The remaining 15 will compete for his affection with at least one elimination each week. And, if at any point along the way, a woman should decide that she's no longer interested in Mesnick, she can reject his invitation to continue dating.

Among the dates this season are a trip to the Walt Disney Music Hall for a private performance by R&B singer Robin Thicke, a ride over Los Angeles in a Goodyear blimp, a visit to Legoland California which ABC says will be “one of the most touching dates of the season.” Other destinations include Las Vegas, New Zealand and a backstage date to the set of ABC’s “General Hospital” soap opera, where the women learn techniques of on-screen kissing.
    The Daily News Online > Entertainment > Batavia 'Bachelor' hopeful makes debut tonight
    Last edited by casualfan; 01-05-2009 at 04:06 PM. Reason: forgot link to article. woops!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast