Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Shannon **Spoilers**

Re: Shannon **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by jendot;3256946;
    When I followed the link to look at Shannon's myspace page (as listed in the myspace/facebook thread) her headline and her tag line both have a thank you to Deanna for advice. Doubt it means anything, but its interesting that they are talking.
    Perhaps on how to handle the show/edit from show? IDK.

Quote Originally Posted by pink14;3256880;
    Maybe I am way off here...I thought that they did an extensive background check. Everything from health to credit to criminal? I really thought that I had read that somewhere or seen it???
    Pink -- Yes, they do extensive background checks. (I forgot.)
    Health, Credit, Criminal.

On a related note: Several years ago, I talked to a nurse who performed the health checks for The Bachelor, The Bachelorette and several other reality shows. They draw blood, lengthy health questionnaire, interview with a psychiatrist, etc. The RN said that during Byron's season, there were so many female applicants that were dropped after this point because too many had STD histories. The RN also thought that ABC would never cast an older Bachelor again because of this situation. (Hmmm ... so, does this mean that several Bachelorettes would NOT have been on Byron's season, but they made it, because they did NOT have a STD history??? No response necessary as this is NOT the correct thread for this discussion.)

Quote Originally Posted by hotlanta babe;3256951;
    Pink -- Yes, they do extensive background checks. (I forgot.)
    Health, Credit, Criminal.

On a related note: Several years ago, I talked to a nurse who performed the health checks for The Bachelor, The Bachelorette and several other reality shows. They draw blood, lengthy health questionnaire, interview with a psychiatrist, etc. The RN said that during Byron's season, there were so many female applicants that were dropped after this point because too many had STD histories. The RN also thought that ABC would never cast an older Bachelor again because of this situation. (Hmmm ... so, does this mean that several Bachelorettes would NOT have been on Byron's season, but they made it, because they did NOT have a STD history??? No response necessary as this is NOT the correct thread for this discussion.)
    Not to gross anyone out or anything but I wonder if they have updated their screening techniques in the last couple years with the epidemic rise of HPV.
    This can only be detected via a cell scraping test on the cervix similar to pap smear--but for HPV. This is generally not done on women under the age of 30 for screening due to its prevalence in the younger age population. S C A R E Y.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

STDs are a huge problem. That's a huge incentive for why people do this show!

Quote Originally Posted by crazy4bachelor;3256065;
    Shannon is a really good friend of mine. I don't know who manaboutkc is, but he shouldn't be trash-talking someone he obviously doesn't know personally. Shannon is a nice girl and has achieved a lot with not a lot of outside help. She is super-outgoing and very beautiful. The bachelor bio picture doesn't do her justice. Like a lot of us, she partied some when she was younger, but that was years ago and she has grown up a lot. She will definitely be one to watch and her personality will make her a fan favorite, imo.
    I just wanted to say we know there are two sides to every story and crazy4bachelor is showing us a normal side of Shannon. We know how false and old the "stalker" angle is, and I would love for abc to get over it's fascination with it.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Guess who is the only Bachelorette (13) as a 'friend' on Get Married's Myspace page? Yup!

We know how false and old the "stalker" angle is, and I would love for abc to get over it's fascination with it.
    I'm over it already and the show hasn't started! I hope that's not a huge focus on the 1st episode or after.
    Last edited by atem; 12-23-2008 at 08:37 PM.

FORT Regular

When does Deanna show up to give advice in reference to the HTDs? If Deanna shows up before, I'm wondering if she gives Shannon advice causing Shannon to not accept the rose and making bachelor history in a midwest town...

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny1229;3257064;
    When does Deanna show up to give advice in reference to the HTDs? If Deanna shows up before, I'm wondering if she gives Shannon advice causing Shannon to not accept the rose and making bachelor history in a midwest town...

Okay I found it ~ "....However, someone from the Bachelor's past shows up for a shocking last minute, heart-to-heart talk with Jason before he makes his final, life-changing decision."

I would think this means that DeAnna (or someone else) comes in to give advice to Jason sometime right before the FRC, meaning after the HTDs.
    Last edited by sanlee; 12-23-2008 at 09:12 PM.

She flew to New Zealand, so I am betting it was after the dates before the FRC for dramamtic effect. You know to help him make the "right" decision.

ETA - I suspect that she was none too happy to be summoned either This sounds like a production stunt
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;3257113;
    She flew to New Zealand, so I am betting it was after the dates before the FRC for dramamtic effect. You know to help him make the "right" decision.

ETA - I suspect that she was none too happy to be summoned either This sounds like a production stunt
    Sounds like an order of double cheese!
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.