Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Shannon **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie

Re: Shannon **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3261753;
    We have always heard that the main Bachelor/ette sees the episodes as we see them. ( Ok, I did hear inside, once, that the Bachelor got to see it a week early - at least that one did).
    With that in mind, we have to assume she hasn't seen the episode, and she already seems to know that not only is her edit not good, but she seems to know the score on all of it as far as the editing goes. Someone must have clued her in because generally we hear dismay from the contestants after they have seen the negative or distorted edit.
    I think Shannon was clued in by the sneak preview that makes her look like a stalker. And then the clip of her laughing in an interview. That would probably be a huge red flag to me that my edit was not a good one before the first episode even aired, if, of course, I ever put myself out there on a show like this :p

Quote Originally Posted by romanticgirl;3261756;
    I think Shannon was clued in by the sneak preview that makes her look like a stalker. And then the clip of her laughing in an interview. That would probably be a huge red flag to me that my edit was not a good one before the first episode even aired, if, of course, I ever put myself out there on a show like this :p
    Good point, romanticgirl. I do know that in the past, bachelorettes were phoned ahead of each show on whether all is well or not with their edits. They were not told specifics though.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;3261974;
    Good point, romanticgirl. I do know that in the past, bachelorettes were phoned ahead of each show on whether all is well or not with their edits. They were not told specifics though.
    I remember something cryptic on her myspace/facebook(forgot which), giving a call out to Deanna thanking her for her advice. Maybe De had given Shannon a heads up about what edits can do.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;3261977;
    I remember something cryptic on her myspace/facebook(forgot which), giving a call out to Deanna thanking her for her advice. Maybe De had given Shannon a heads up about what edits can do.
    She thanked DeAnna for her advice.

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3262036;
    She thanked DeAnna for her advice.
    It didn't take much for me to not like this girl. And the Deanna part makes me like her even less.

Sorry!
    Still hopeless to see a GREAT romance!! <3

Quote Originally Posted by hopelessroman;3262207;
    It didn't take much for me to not like this girl. And the Deanna part makes me like her even less.

Sorry!
    Yeah, that's not something that gives me a good impression either. I was surprised she made it the first round over someone like Julie.

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3262209;
    Yeah, that's not something that gives me a good impression either. I was surprised she made it the first round over someone like Julie.
    Me too, she clearly makes it until Oct 31 which

Here are her posts on Kari's myspace page:

Oct 31 2008 2:02 PM
    glad to be home! i have a lot of catching up to do!!

Nov 16 2008 1:55 PM
    I miss my roomy! I can't wait for Dec.
    5th! That sounds like so much fun! I hope all is well!

Dec 6 2008 6:58 PM
    Happy Birthday Ker! Let's try and do lunch or dinner one night/day before christmas! I miss you!

Dec 30 2008 9:14 PM
    It was so good to hang out and catch up tonight! It's a good feeling to know someone understands "sound bites." LOL! See you Monday!

Sounds like they are planning a Bach watching party together. Her post indicates that she was home on Oct 31st so maybe she doesn't make the cut of final six to take trip to Seattle.
    Still hopeless to see a GREAT romance!! <3

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3262209;
    The thing with this show is you have fillers and contenders and I am sure the bach knew who would be filler and easy to let go as he got to know the contenders.

Quote Originally Posted by nennie;3262218;
    The thing with this show is you have fillers and contenders and I am sure the bach knew who would be filler and easy to let go as he got to know the contenders.
    The Matter of Time Girls; and what I refer to as First Night Fodder (as in cannon fodder.)
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;3261977;
    Someone should put her in touch with Twilley---he's the one who got the stalker episode early on last season---then they used the clown music during what was insinuated to be him having trouble working the dirtbike (even though it wasn't actually him or his bike that was having the problem), not to mention the fact that the only one on one time he ever had (shown) was the helicopter ride, during which they gleefully showed us how nauseous he got (which was no surprise since everyone already knew he was susceptible to motion sickness). Those are really just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to manipulative edits that make things look how the tptb wants them to look, to increase the dramatic effect and, unfortunately, make the contestants look like they're obsessed beyond all sense of reason and decorum.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook