Page 104 of 170 FirstFirst ... 454949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114154 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1699

Thread: Molly **Spoilers**

FORT Fan

Re: Molly **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by kultainen;3338266;
    I don't know if engineered by Fleiss, but surely taken advantage of if not.
    I truly don't get the Mel bashing. You can like Molly, think she is a better choice, but still not justify it by bashing another woman.
    We can certainly agree it's much better to end an engagement than go through with a bad marriage.
    It probably won't affect Ty now, but I'd hate to be Jason when he's older and can watch You Tube or DVDs on his own.
    Finally can we agree that the one point at which there can be culpability here , real bad behavior, is if in fact Jason dumps Mel on TV and not in private? I don't like the seeing Molly secretly if it happened, but again not uncommon. But, the public humiliation is where I draw the line, if it happens.
    I am sorry, I did not intend to sound that way _ bashing Mel. I am just 'blunt' ... I call things the way I see it and, nowadays, this is not 'politically correct'. As regards liking Molly, to be honest, I am not fond of her either. I guess, it makes me cringe to see beautiful women parading themselves to millions of viewers in a manner so lacking in good taste .... but, I think, it is passe to expect good old-fashioned values.

I do agree with you about the 'public humiliation' part but, I think, it is too early for us to believe the worst. Anyway, this is 'reality tv', anything is possible ... and, like it or not, when these girls signed the dotted line they agreed in principle to submit themselves to do or be subjected to the unthinkable. I think what makes Stephanie such a standout is her innate sense or ability to stay within her 'comfort zone' without missing the fun and adventure. Now, she came across a bit 'corny' but, she came out of the situation with her self-respect still intact.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by bekalc;3338296;
    Oh I draw the line at seeing Molly secretly... If it was on more than one occassion. End your relationships don't cheat. It's a gray area because what constitutes cheating???? I have known people who've left people for others. A lot of times it's leaving someone for a friend. And it's kind of clear the friendships were for awhile gray area.. But there was no sneaking around, and the other people knew about it the friendship
    Personally I don't know if these people understood how close because well we are talking about long distance relationships.

I have learned though from this that I want a boyfriend who has appropriate boundries with the opposite sex. I mean friendship is fine, but being all "over your friend"....

I also know a story about a guy who had a fiance but he was kind of dragging his feet about marrying her. She was a great girl the fiance. One day he got a call from his ex, there had been a bad break up between them years later. She basically said look I've dated lots of guys, and none of it's worked for me. What's it like for you. So he flew down to talk to her. I suspect they felt if anything closure was needed.. Story goes he broke up with fiance and married the ex.

Now yes the signficant others were hurt in all those cases and that sucks? But well those kinds of situations happen and it's life and you learn from it.

What's not cool though is sneaking around someone's back, and spending weekends with Molly, is sneaking behind someone's back and it's not right. Although people make mistakes...

However of course the public humilation is the worst part of it. So for me I really have no issue with Jason leaving Melissa for Molly... That happens and he's not a bad person for doing so at all. BUT, I have a lot of strong issues with the way he went about doing this.

Cut to the chase....as an adult, cheating is when you have intimate relations with another person other than the one to whom you have agreed to see exclusively, whatever word you deign to call that relationship.

If Jason told Melissa he was seeing her exclusively ( whatever kind of wrapping paper you want to put around that particular box), and he was also sleeping with Molly during that time, then he was cheating.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cherryyou;3338316;
    I am sorry, I did not intend to sound that way _ bashing Mel. I am just 'blunt' ... I call things the way I see it and, nowadays, this is not 'politically correct'. As regards liking Molly, to be honest, I am not fond of her either. I guess, it makes me cringe to see beautiful women parading themselves to millions of viewers in a manner so lacking in good taste .... but, I think, it is passe to expect good old-fashioned values.

I do agree with you about the 'public humiliation' part but, I think, it is too early for us to believe the worst. Anyway, this is 'reality tv', anything is possible ... and, like it or not, when these girls signed the dotted line they agreed in principle to submit themselves to do or be subjected to the unthinkable. I think what makes Stephanie such a standout is her innate sense or ability to stay within her 'comfort zone' without missing the fun and adventure. Now, she came across a bit 'corny' but, she came out of the situation with her self-respect still intact.
    Nothing wrong with values. And I agree with what makes you cringe. I think that even Extra is now reporting the dumping as fact, so I think we have to prepare for that.

I like Stephanie, and relate to her, but never could understand her on this show. I related to her because I was widowed in my 20's.

The only disagreement, if you will, is that while I agree anything goes on these shows, after the final rose is given I do expect a different standard. Now, it's not reality tv, it's real life. and in real life, you end a relationship in private.

There are reports, hopefully untrue, that after Jason breaks with Mel, they bring Molly out on stage. That would really be over the top. I hear Mel walks off. That makes her a better woman than I am.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3338320;
    Cut to the chase....as an adult, cheating is when you have intimate relations with another person other than the one to whom you have agreed to see exclusively, whatever word you deign to call that relationship.

If Jason told Melissa he was seeing her exclusively ( whatever kind of wrapping paper you want to put around that particular box), and he was also sleeping with Molly during that time, then he was cheating.
    But what is considered intimate relations Is it okay for Jason to make out with Molly as long as he's not sleeping with her? I mean a kiss is one thing. That can happen but repeated making out?

And seriously for many women "emotional" cheating can be just as bad if not worse as the sexual relations. So for Melissa if Jason was spending repeated weekends with Molly so soon after all that drama, that's a betrayal. And the sleeping with Molly is kind of irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Kacey253;3338175;
    Not that this is important in the overall discussion but I want to comment on the postings about Molly finding a job in Seattle. First, Seattle is not immune to the economic woes facing the country. Many of our largest employers have been laying off thousands of people with no end in sight yet. The retailers in the area are hurting just like everywhere else.

Kohls has a few stores in the area but the corporate level jobs, like Molly seems to have, are not in Seattle. For her to transfer with Kohl's, she would likely have to take a different position. Who knows...that might be perfectly fine with her. The retailers with headquarters here are not hiring for the most part. (This is fact not speculation...I have worked for one of them for many years.) And...if RS's allegations prove true, then the more conservative companies in the area won't touch her. They don't typically hire people for corporate positions that bring negative press with them.
    According to what I read on another board this story including RS theory was on the front page of the Grand Rapid Press in Molly's home town where her parents still live. In addition it a video showing her parents faces was shown on a morning talk show. That had to make her parents proud and wether or not their CC is expensive or not people talk. Even if she was not a willing participant the article did point out that she dated Jason while he was still engaged to Melissa. Not sure why her parents didn't like her 1st boyfriend but this knowledge would not make Jason high on my list of approved boyfriends. ITA with the bolded part above as in this lean economy very few companies are going to want a buyer who carries such negative press with them. I mean companies are checking MySpace and Facebook to weed out potential employees, being painted in such a negative way on National TV is certainly going to come into play for Molly and certainly Jason in their chosen careers or any future job searches. I know I use to work in HR and it was my job to research for any "potential problems" and those applications never made it any further.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3338058;
    It appears to me that they don't know what they want!

1.Matt wanted someone to marry fairly quickly in order to produce grandchildren for his ailing father to enjoy ( before he died), so he picked Shayne who flat out told him that she not only didn't see herself ready to get married yet but didn't see him ready to get married either.

2. DeAnna repeatedly said she was looking for a husband and 3 kids by the time she was 30. She changed her mind for the good times and a chance in the business.

3. Jason said he wanted someone to rely on him; now he has changed it to he wants someone to challenge him - 2 very opposite things.

If they don't even know what they want, how are we supposed to know?
    Unfortunately, in real life, that is what usually happens. We come into situations with particular or specific expectations and views but sometimes the other sides of ourselves surface during the process inadvertently or unexpectedly causing us to make detours. I do believe that most of them started out with great or honorable intentions ... but challenges or discoveries are often too strong to resist, they submit to the inevitable. Ian came in with no intention of proposing to Meredith but found himself very attracted to her and did the unexpected. I think DeAnna did want to find that special someone but the lure of the limelight was too strong to resist. Also, the fact that she and Jesse were two very different people made it easier for her to leave. Now, you named three couples who would probably not be attacted to each other if they had met in ordinary situations. Meeting someone in these unrealistic ... superficial environments would usually lead to unwise choices .... Trista's case was/is an exception _ she and Ryan, I think, did not just fall in love with each other, they found themselves sharing similar outlook in life.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by cherryyou;3338249;

I don't believe that the outcome was engineered by Fleiss. We seem to forget that we are dealing with human beings here. Some view Jason as a bit of a 'pushover'. I completely disagree; his handling of so many bizarre situations with the women has, so far, been remarkably stellar and astute. I know that a lot of viewers are disappointed that he let Jillian go but, based on what was shown, I don't think they are right for each other. I think, Jason is more drawn to the likes of Melissa and Molly who are, in personality and background, worlds apart. I see him liking Melissa's vulnerability and affectionate nature but, I think, Molly's fun, somewhat 'quirky' personality is very appealing to him. He has met Molly's family but hasn't seen Melissa's and I think that should really matter particularly in their case having met in a Reality TV show. As Stephanie advised him, the 'family' matters a lot ... as like it or not, you marry not just the person but his or her family as well. As regards the girls' personalities, i find Melissa to be a bit manipulative ... yes, she seems to get along with every one but I wonder what's beneath that facade. Apparently, she has always been the 'dumpee' in her relationship and this to me is a real 'red flag'. Why? Jason should attempt to understand the dynamics of it. Even her socalled best friends admitted they have YET to meet her family, hmmmm? Another 'red flag'. And Molly, she struggled to have her boyfriend accepted by her family ... while that is significant, I would not necessarily opine that it is a 'red flag'. Sometimes, we fall for the wrong people and our family who are concerned for us would naturally step in to prevent a disaster. Maybe, one can say they are probably 'snobby' ... but are they really?

Okay, I can't believe I am jumping into this but I can't help it.

In regards to the highlighted points specifically what may or may not be a red flag with with Melissa or Molly.

First off, I don't think it is a red-flag that friends have not met or know a lot about her parents. I don't think my parents met any my friends once I went to college. When you no longer live in their house things change. Also, if Melissa was the girl that Jason really wanted to be with, marry or whatever, it would NOT have mattered that he didn't meet them under these circumstances. I hardly think meeting one's parents for several hours on one day with a camera crew etc. around is going give you a true picture of who they really are.

Secondly, if Jason should be concerned about Melissa always being the dumpee, he should be equally or more concerned about a young woman who states that her family's approval is the most important thing and yet continues a 3yr relationship with someone she couldn't bring him home because her family hated him. Both of these girls are still relatively young and probably have dated quite a few guys, but only had one or two serious relationships and are likely still learning what/who makes the best partner.

The person who has red flags pasted all over them is Jason. He may be 32, with a son but appears to be the least mature of anyone I've seen on the show....at least that's how I see his edit and isn't that key to all of this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cupcakes;3337155;
    It is actually from her LCD and not from the pool party as originally thought.
    thanks for the clarification cupcakes. I thought her bathing suit matched up though, what changed your mind? nevermind, the preview for next week answers it right? It's funny since all the RS revelation, I haven't been going back and rewatching/analyzing the prior episodes.

Reality TV doesn't exist theRealist's Avatar

What I have a hard time with is that Jason booted all the women who were closer to his age and had children. Why did he chose the two youngest girls on the show who had no children? I really think this says a lot about his intent.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PDXgal;3338346;
    Okay, I can't believe I am jumping into this but I can't help it.

In regards to the highlighted points specifically what may or may not be a red flag with with Melissa or Molly.

First off, I don't think it is a red-flag that friends have not met or know a lot about her parents. I don't think my parents met any my friends once I went to college. When you no longer live in their house things change. Also, if Melissa was the girl that Jason really wanted to be with, marry or whatever, it would NOT have mattered that he didn't meet them under these circumstances. I hardly think meeting one's parents for several hours on one day with a camera crew etc. around is going give you a true picture of who they really are.

Secondly, if Jason should be concerned about Melissa always being the dumpee, he should be equally or more concerned about a young woman who states that her family's approval is the most important thing and yet continues a 3yr relationship with someone she couldn't bring him home because her family hated him. Both of these girls are still relatively young and probably have dated quite a few guys, but only had one or two serious relationships and are likely still learning what/who makes the best partner.

The person who has red flags pasted all over them is Jason. He may be 32, with a son but appears to be the least mature of anyone I've seen on the show....at least that's how I see his edit and isn't that key to all of this.

As an editing sleuthe, I see this whole season and everybody in it as one big red flag.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?