Page 4 of 310 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Melissa **Spoilers**

Re: Melissa **Spoilers**

Having a spoiler can be a huge responsibility.
    You can't always just post your proof for several reasons.
    First, people providing the "proof" to others are directly related to the show and sign confidentiality clauses. These clauses can scare anyone into being extremely prudent.
    Second, there are trust issues and privacy issues. Sometimes you get proof and if you post it prematurely, you will lose your source forever. So you have to balance what is best. You can not jeopardize your source's trust or privacy(think photos that will provide evidence of future scs)
    Third, and to paraphrase Jack Nicholson from the movie "A Few Good Men": You want the truth? You can't handle the truth!!
    Sadly to say, many people are not prepared to hear what is really the truth. So timing is very important. Message board outrage is not pleasant.
    Finally, and yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus: sometimes things that appear to be very true with hard evidence and good insider leaks turn out to fizzle. Think relationships touted to be strong and viable only to turn out like overcooked pasta as a couple months roll by or media has given the couple their 15 minutes or a possible reshoot or even misinformation by valued sources planted just for the reaction it will bring.
    So there are reasons people don't just throw out their spoiler proof as hard as that is to accept.

Stepping off soapbox now.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

She's adorable to be sure, but my first impression of her is not positive.
    CAREER GOAL: To be an entertainment news correspondent on E! with Guilianna Depandi
    Hope she makes it in Hollywood. Maybe De needs a roomate? LA is expensive.

From what I've heard, even stronger evidence than that has been produced showing Melissa as F1...
    We've seen and heard this sort of thing many times in the past. Trista was seen driving somewhere with Charlie. Baldwin was engaged to someone named Beviny. Some of the evidence is shared, some not. Sometimes it turns out to be true. Sometimes not.
    Last edited by pajamasam; 12-19-2008 at 11:09 AM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;3254655;
    First, people providing the "proof" to others are directly related to the show and sign confidentiality clauses. These clauses can scare anyone into being extremely prudent.
    Second, there are trust issues and privacy issues. Sometimes you get proof and if you post it prematurely, you will lose your source forever. So you have to balance what is best. You can not jeopardize your source's trust or privacy(think photos that will provide evidence of future scs)
    Third, and to paraphrase Jack Nicholson from the movie "A Few Good Men": You want the truth? You can't handle the truth!!
    Sadly to say, many people are not prepared to hear what is really the truth. So timing is very important. Message board outrage is not pleasant.

First, I am not the source, second this is not my spoiler, third, I understand what you are saying. In one show, I had a lot of information that turned out to be all true, but a great many people did not want to even believe I knew it let alone believe the information.
    Such is life....

Next, for whatever it is worth ( and that is all it is because it is 3rd, 4th, or 5th hand info), it appears from what I can gather that the strong speculation is coming from a family member who could very well be in the position to know something - 5 million dollar threat not withstanding.
    If my child were one of the 3 final participants in this show, I could tell from her body language alone the end result - whether she was F1 or F2. She would not have to TELL me whether she was F1 or not. Also, if she were the Bachelorette, I would be able to tell by the way she interacted with each of the F2 which was the one that had truly captured her heart (much the way that Meredith's mother knew that Ian was the one).
    Likewise, my siblings and I were very close growing up and have remained so. If it were one of them, and I was at the Parents' date (F2), I think I could probably pick up some significant body signals there as well as to which contestant was the heartthrob.

Is all of this conclusive? Heck no!

I am just willing to throw out what I think I know, and I am willing to be a conduit if anybody wants me to share what they know w/o referencing them as the source.

Just wanted to add that there are some awesomely beautiful other women in the mix as well!
    Last edited by Bloomers; 12-19-2008 at 11:25 AM.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;3254655;
    Finally, and yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus: sometimes things that appear to be very true with hard evidence and good insider leaks turn out to fizzle. Think relationships touted to be strong and viable only to turn out like overcooked pasta as a couple months roll by or media has given the couple their 15 minutes or a possible reshoot or even misinformation by valued sources planted just for the reaction it will bring.
    So there are reasons people don't just throw out their spoiler proof as hard as that is to accept.

Well said, Kasha!
    I've been lurking on this board and others since Travis' season. IMHO, no sleuther is under any obligation to share any inside scoop; they do so out of kindness. Even with best intentions, the sleuthers can be misled by sources at times. That's why I will never shoot the messenger, but just be grateful to read any info people like you are generous to share.
    As for F1, some believe it's Melissa, some Megan. As for me, I am just happy that Jason is happily engaged. I hope come March after the finale is aired, Jason and his lady are still madly in love with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3254661;
    First, I am not the source, second this is not my spoiler, third, I understand what you are saying. In one show, I had a lot of information that turned out to be all true, but a great many people did not want to even believe I knew it let alone believe the information.
    Such is life....

Next, for whatever it is worth ( and that is all it is because it is 3rd, 4th, or 5th hand info), it appears from what I can gather that the strong speculation is coming from a family member who could very well be in the position to know something - 5 million dollar threat not withstanding.
    If my child were one of the 3 final participants in this show, I could tell from her body language alone the end result - whether she was F1 or F2. She would not have to TELL me whether she was F1 or not. Also, if she were the Bachelorette, I would be able to tell by the way she interacted with each of the F2 which was the one that had truly captured her heart (much the way that Meredith's mother knew that Ian was the one).
    Likewise, my siblings and I were very close growing up and have remained so. If it were one of them, and I was at the Parents' date (F2), I think I could probably pick up some significant body signals there as well as to which contestant was the heartthrob.

Is all of this conclusive? Heck no!

I am just willing to throw out what I think I know, and I am willing to be a conduit if anybody wants me to share what they know w/o referencing them as the source.

Just wanted to add that there are some awesomely beautiful other women in the mix as well!
    I dont' think it's an issue of credibility - I think it's more about information overload....there are too many sources/insiders that appear to have credible informatioin and it's up to the posters to decided who they believe.

Anyone can come on any site and claim to know something as truth and unless the poster has been around producing spoilers that have always turned out to be the actual truth then their credibility will always be questioned. It's nothing personal, it's about the source, and in situations like this the source is always protected - and should be.

Past family members have said that they knew which of the F2 it would be from the interaction shown during the hometowns. Which makes complete sense.
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Keep in mind Jason was in the same boat last time. He was away from Ty, and Ty was well cared for. Everyone on this show leaves something behind, whether it's family, a job, a career, friends or pets! There is risk involved for everyone, and it is a consious decision to take that risk. If Jason has an interest in one or all of them, he should keep her around so they both have a chance to get to know each other. The show is stressful and scary at times, but it is also really romantic and make no mistake it is tons of fun! Very few people get to be involved with someone in those settings and even if the single mom got to the very end and got cut at the podium, it is unlikely that she has any regrets for going on the show or for getting that far. If that is the case, good for her for trying, and good for Jason for putting the family issue aside and giving her a chance on her own merits! Otherwise, picking someone for any reason other than they are absolutely perfect for you does nothing but set both of you up for a painful (and not to mention very public) break-up down the road.

No doubt Jason, like every other person who has ever been in his shoes, will know from the first night who his top 2-4 are, but the elimination process allows him to get to see more about the other girls that he may not have had insta-chemistry with. I mean, look at our season, DeAnna didn't choose either guy she later admited were her top two from the very start.

My point is, don't feel sorry for any of these girls just because they got sent home after getting far. And don't pitty the single moms especially over the others just because they have a child and got hurt. If you pitty any of them, do so because you believe they genuinely gave it their all and fell for Jason and left with a bruised/broken heart. But keep in mind the consolation. They got to experience something truly unique, that very few people get to participate in and speaking from experience it does change you (in many positive ways). I put more thought into the time I spend with people now, and I understand more about the importance of communication. It reminded me of how tricky falling in love really is, and how subtle things can derail an otherwise promising relationship. I pay more attention to detail now, and that was my lesson. Everyone comes out of the experience with their own.

PUNKY - what a great post - and you are right about this being an adventure that few get to realize in their lives - regardless of the outcome.
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PunkyBachelor;3254754;
    Keep in mind Jason was in the same boat last time. He was away from Ty, and Ty was well cared for. Everyone on this show leaves something behind, whether it's family, a job, a career, friends or pets! There is risk involved for everyone, and it is a consious decision to take that risk. If Jason has an interest in one or all of them, he should keep her around so they both have a chance to get to know each other. The show is stressful and scary at times, but it is also really romantic and make no mistake it is tons of fun! Very few people get to be involved with someone in those settings and even if the single mom got to the very end and got cut at the podium, it is unlikely that she has any regrets for going on the show or for getting that far. If that is the case, good for her for trying, and good for Jason for putting the family issue aside and giving her a chance on her own merits! Otherwise, picking someone for any reason other than they are absolutely perfect for you does nothing but set both of you up for a painful (and not to mention very public) break-up down the road.

No doubt Jason, like every other person who has ever been in his shoes, will know from the first night who his top 2-4 are, but the elimination process allows him to get to see more about the other girls that he may not have had insta-chemistry with. I mean, look at our season, DeAnna didn't choose either guy she later admited were her top two from the very start.

My point is, don't feel sorry for any of these girls just because they got sent home after getting far. And don't pitty the single moms especially over the others just because they have a child and got hurt. If you pitty any of them, do so because you believe they genuinely gave it their all and fell for Jason and left with a bruised/broken heart. But keep in mind the consolation. They got to experience something truly unique, that very few people get to participate in and speaking from experience it does change you (in many positive ways). I put more thought into the time I spend with people now, and I understand more about the importance of communication. It reminded me of how tricky falling in love really is, and how subtle things can derail an otherwise promising relationship. I pay more attention to detail now, and that was my lesson. Everyone comes out of the experience with their own.

Nice well thought out post - thank you for taking time out to share your experience and personal thoughts with us.

DeAnna said over and over again that she would not hurt Jason and Ty. Yet....
    What did she do??

From a female perspective , many of us are saying that if he knows that the single mom is not going to be the F1, then we feel like he needs to cut her earlier rather than later. We can talk about her as the individual that she is, and I respect that 100%; however and nevertheless, there is still a child involved the same as there was for Jason.
    If nothing else, at the point that he knows he doesn't want the single mom to be F1, he should let her go back to her child and take someone else on as the obligatory F2.
    If he is truly unsure all the way up to the F2, then so be it; however, what does this say when we hear that he knew who F1 was from the HTs, etc. ?

BTW, I have to laugh a little at what I highlighted. Somehow, I don't quite think you have seen some of the past seasons. Kelly Jo left the country and would never speak of her experience again, Tanya (Byron) and Tara ( Jesse) both blatantly told the Bachelors that they had deceived them, and Moana (Travis) openly mourned for the entire season on her Myspace.
    Last edited by Bloomers; 12-19-2008 at 02:34 PM.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3254790;
    Nice well thought out post - thank you for taking time out to share your experience and personal thoughts with us.

DeAnna said over and over again that she would not hurt Jason and Ty. Yet....
    What did she do??

From a female perspective , many of us are saying that if he knows that the single mom is not going to be the F1, then we feel like he needs to cut her earlier rather than later. We can talk about her as the individual that she is, and I respect that 100%; however and nevertheless, there is still a child involved the same as there was for Jason.
    If nothing else, at the point that he knows he doesn't want the single mom to be F1, he should let her go back to her child and take someone else on as the obligatory F2.
    If he is truly unsure all the way up to the F2, then so be it; however, what does this say when we hear that he knew who F1 was from the HTs, etc. ?

BTW, I have to laugh a little at what I highlighted. Somehow, I don't quite think you have seen some of the past seasons. Kelly Jo left the country and would never speak of her experience again, Tanya (Byron) and Tara ( Jesse) both blatantly told the Bachelors that they had deceived them, and Moana (Travis) openly mourned for the entire season on her Myspace.
    So it is ok to take somebody who is single to the F2, but not somebody who has a child? So it is much better to break a single person's heart than a mother? I am not understanding the logic of all this. Jason never onced complained that DeAnna should not have taken him to final two. He always was very respectful to the fact that she fell in love with somebody else, and he knew that is the chance he took by signing up. All of the ladies knew what they were signing up for no matter if they were single or had a child. They also were aware of how long they would be away from their child if they were the top four. We all make choices in our lives, and we all have to be responsible for those choices. I am going to be sad for the F2 no matter if she is single or a mother. Punky said it the best in the post above, they all know what they sign up for. Should of Could of is all past tense!! The problem I have with DeAnna is she let Jason get down on one knee and propose when she knew he was not the chosen one, not that she took him to the F2. Now if he lets the lady propose to him, then I would be upset about that, but somehow I dont think that is going to happen.
    Last edited by thethreej's; 12-19-2008 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Starlight6;3254245;
    Surviorwannabe - What else has your friend told you about Melissa??? Is she currently back to work, or is she still on leave???? Has she taken any weekend trips that could be secret dates with our man Jason??? Does she own a home? If so, does it happen to be on the market???? Find out for us please!!!
    Melissa has been at work since Dec 3rd. whether or not she has taken any weekend trips i can not say