Page 2 of 310 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Melissa **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: Melissa **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle;3253882;
    I'm with both of you. I'm having a hard time warming up to the idea that he dumps the single mom at F2 to pick the Deanna look-a-like cheerleader with aspirations of a show business carreer.
    There was some earlier discussion as to whether the single mom would be able to legally up and move with her child to Seattle. Surely he had to question this. Maybe if this was going to be a problem, he never let himself fall for her too much.

You know this sounds awful, but here it is.....
    Yes, Jason is a single dad looking for a new love. However, in looking for that new love, he just might have deep down wanted to avoid having to take on all of the things that would go along with (deliberately) falling for another single parent ( with an ex in the picture - custody, etc.). It may not have been his idea to have all of these single moms simply because of the problems that might come along with falling for one of them.

That said, if he fell head over heels for a single MOM, then he might feel ready to face all of the problems that would come along with it.

All I am saying is that there could be a possibility that Jason may have wanted to find somebody single simply because the process already has so many problems w/o all the extra problems added with selecting a single mom and child.

However, if that is the case, I don't think he should take a single mom to F2 anymore than I thought DeAnna should have taken him to F2.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3253890;
    There was some earlier discussion as to whether the single mom would be able to legally up and move with her child to Seattle. Surely he had to question this. Maybe if this was going to be a problem, he never let himself fall for her too much.

You know this sounds awful, but here it is.....
    Yes, Jason is a single dad looking for a new love. However, in looking for that new love, he just might have deep down wanted to avoid having to take on all of the things that would go along with (deliberately) falling for another single parent ( with an ex in the picture - custody, etc.). It may not have been his idea to have all of these single moms simply because of the problems that might come along with falling for one of them.

That said, if he fell head over heels for a single MOM, then he might feel ready to face all of the problems that would come along with it.

All I am saying is that there could be a possibility that Jason may have wanted to find somebody single simply because the process already has so many problems w/o all the extra problems added with selecting a single mom and child.

However, if that is the case, I don't think he should take a single mom to F2 anymore than I thought DeAnna should have taken him to F2.
    Bloomers you just stated exactly what I was thinking but afraid to post. As soon as I heard that Megan could possibly be F2 I got very cynical. My first thought was of course he takes her to F2 cause she's really stunning but he doesn't want the complications that come with dating or marrying a single mom. I agree that if this is true it was wrong of Jason to take her to F2 just like Deanna did with him.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle;3253893;
    Bloomers you just stated exactly what I was thinking but afraid to post. As soon as I heard that Megan could possibly be F2 I got very cynical. My first thought was of course he takes her to F2 cause she's really stunning but he doesn't want the complications that come with dating or marrying a single mom. I agree that if this is true it was wrong of Jason to take her to F2 just like Deanna did with him.

Years ago I was a single mom myself for a while, so it hurts to think that somebody wouldn't want me because of my child; however, I think that it is realistic to consider it in practical terms here with all of the logistics involved.
    If this indeed happened, I would imagine he simply didn't allow himself to become too emotionally attached to her, or maybe he got to a certain point and re-considered.

Did we hear that at one point he had taken some time off between the LCD and before the FRC ( probably to think things through), or am I just making that up? It seems like there was some discrepancy on the filming schedule, and if so, that may have been part of the problem.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3253898;
    Years ago I was a single mom myself for a while, so it hurts to think that somebody wouldn't want me because of my child; however, I think that it is realistic to consider it in practical terms here with all of the logistics involved.
    If this indeed happened, I would imagine he simply didn't allow himself to become too emotionally attached to her, or maybe he got to a certain point and re-considered.

Did we hear that at one point he had taken some time off between the LCD and before the FRC ( probably to think things through), or am I just making that up? It seems like there was some discrepancy on the filming schedule, and if so, that may have been part of the problem.
    That rumor was multi-faceted and the other parts aren't adding up (as far as the filming time line goes) so I don't think any of it was true.

But even if it was, the source of the rumor said the extra time was not because he wasn't sure who to pick. But that he only wanted more time with the girl he was going to pick before the FRC took place. I think there was a little more to it than that, but that was the gist.

It wasn't because of uncertainty. And I hope that part, at least is true. I hate it when the Bachelor or Bachelorette says it was the toughest decision of their life. Or that they didn't know until the day of the FRC who they were going to pick. That never turns out well.

I don't think I agree with you about not bringing a single mom into the final choices. I think when they sign up for this gig they are hoping that they will be accepted for themselves and they know the risks when they go into this. I didn't feel sorry for Jason being F2 because he was a single dad, I felt sorry for him because Deanna let him get all the way through his proposal. He made this choice as did the women. Everyone knows the possibilities. They make the choices. Jason didn't feel any worse because he was a dad than he would have if he were not.

You shouldn't be treated different because you are a parent/widow/divorced - either positive or negative. Charlie was very explicit: he couldn't handle a realtionship that involved a child. Period. If you know the person is not F1, but you still like her second or third best, don't you think the mom would still enjoy the trip to NZ just as much as the non-parent? Seems the "rules" of the game are to take the two that you like the best to the F2. I know of no show yet where the "star" has not taken his favorite two to the finale. (Well, maybe Deanna, but that was beyond her control).

I don't think I am saying this very well
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;3253909;
    I don't think I agree with you about not bringing a single mom into the final choices. I think when they sign up for this gig they are hoping that they will be accepted for themselves and they know the risks when they go into this. I didn't feel sorry for Jason being F2 because he was a single dad, I felt sorry for him because Deanna let him get all the way through his proposal. He made this choice as did the women. Everyone knows the possibilities. They make the choices. Jason didn't feel any worse because he was a dad than he would have if he were not.

You shouldn't be treated different because you are a parent/widow/divorced - either positive or negative. Charlie was very explicit: he couldn't handle a realtionship that involved a child. Period. If you know the person is not F1, but you still like her second or third best, don't you think the mom would still enjoy the trip to NZ just as much as the non-parent? Seems the "rules" of the game are to take the two that you like the best to the F2. I know of no show yet where the "star" has not taken his favorite two to the finale. (Well, maybe Deanna, but that was beyond her control).

I don't think I am saying this very well
    You did a great job JELLE - I feel the same - they have all made the choice to be there - single - or single parent - love doesn't see the difference
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3253912;
    You stated it very well. That's my feeling on the matter too. Not that it won't break my heart to see Megan's broken, if that happens.

But you hurt for the F2 because they are F2 and hurting, not because they have a child
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3253854;
    I hope that there is some mystery regarding the F1 but if he feels an attraction for Melissa right from the start, I can see how that may be hard to disguise. I think she is beautiful and for some reason I think they would look perfect together. There is a quality about her that I cannot define, but she reminds me of Jason.
    She reminds me of Deanna, even before we knew she was Greek. Even down to her smile. (Actually I think she is prettier then Deanna) I hope this season isn't Meanna, the Sequel, with Melissa portraying Deanna.

Jason liked Deanna's passion and "spark of life" so I can see why he would be immiediately attracted to this girl, she has the same spark and smile Deanna had.

I just want to say I have a relative through marriage that has been a soap opera actress, a NBA cheerleader, and now she is a Deal or No Deal Model and she's been on a reality show, so I think sometimes these cheerleader types, or ex cheerleaders do have career aspirations in the show business field, and tend to bounce around and show up where ever they can find the work in the show biz field. (plus my relative works in marketing and event planning when she isn't working as a model or actress - she has a college degree)

Melissa's goals don't seem to fit what Jason's lifestyle. I hope he doesn't get blinded again looking for that "spark of life" and choosing someone that isn't truly ready to settle down.

FORT Fogey

The quote about her dream job working on E! was said when she was 23. When she was asked the same question a year later, her answer changed. And she instead said she didn't know what her dream job was, just that it wasn't a 9-5 desk job. That's what happens as you get older, your goals and dreams change. What you want out of life changes. Especially at that age. And besides, she said that was her career goal. Not her life's goal.

If she really had Hollywood aspirations, she would've done something about it by now. Instead, she's stayed in Texas, graduated from college and has been working in sales and marketing for the past few years.

I just think it's unfair to base her whole persona around one quote that was made over 2 years ago.

All indications are that she's the one Jason chooses. And we know from his interviews, that he's engaged to the woman he chooses and she's moving to Seattle. So evidently she feels she is ready to settle down. And from his conference call today, it sounds like Jason made sure that she is:

"What I also learned through that experience[with Deanna] is that the person that I need to be with has to have been through kind of their own experience in life to know that she's ready for a family. It's already [my son] Ty and I; I've already got a family."