Thread: Melissa **Spoilers**

Re: Melissa **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by ky-la;3292974;
    Something I meant to post earlier but forgot...

I think part of the reason (or maybe THE reason) that Jason only invited 5 girls to Seattle was so Melissa would get the houseboat date. Had he given all 6 roses out, he would've had to give the date to the 6th person (Lauren or Megan) since she hadn't had a 1on1 yet.

This way allowed for he and and Melissa to get a second 1on1 date. I think someone said the last time someone got 2 1on1s was during Andrew's season--10 seasons ago.

If he was already so set on her, he'd know that after Seattle there would be weeks more of filming and time to spend with her, including actually alone for an hour or two the night of the fantasy date. Not buying this Melissa is the Sun in the Universe theory, as of late October anyway. It's so insulting to the others, among other things.

But - if it is true - it is not insulting to the others - and it could be very true and the reason why Melissa DOES get the houseboat date. She isn't the sun and the moon - but she is the one he is very very attracted to - by what we have been shown
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3292977;
    If he was already so set on her, he'd know that after Seattle there would be weeks more of filming and time to spend with her, including actually alone for an hour or two the night of the fantasy date. Not buying this Melissa is the Sun in the Universe theory, as of late October anyway. It's so insulting to the others, among other things.

No one means to insult the others! But honestly, when you are considering marriage every hour spent together counts. Jason knows this. The time in New Zealand alone wasn't going to be enough for him to decide.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3292977;
    Okay.
    Don't see what that has to do with my post.

There's no way Melissa would've gotten that date had he handed out all 6 roses. I think it's similar to how Deanna let both Fred and Robert go on the 2on1 date. Giving her and Jason a couple days in the house alone. You don't think it was set up that way?

And actually, it would've been more "fair" to give the date to Jillian. Wasn't much to her 1on1. It was more of a "half-date". Compared to the other 1on1s that lasted all day, theirs couldn't have been much more than a couple hours long. And they didn't get the chance to talk like the others did on their 1on1s. I was actually surprised she didn't get it for that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by ZulaMay;3292983;
    No one means to insult the others! But honestly, when you are considering marriage every hour spent together counts. Jason knows this. The time in New Zealand alone wasn't going to be enough for him to decide.
    But a couple of hours on a houseboat in the company of more than a dozen producers, directors, unit managers, sound, lighting, camera people would tip it for him??? There are limits to my ability to suspend disbelief.

Quote Originally Posted by ky-la;3292991;
    Okay.
    Don't see what that has to do with my post.

There's no way Melissa would've gotten that date had he handed out all 6 roses. I think it's similar to how Deanna let both Fred and Robert go on the 2on1 date. Giving her and Jason a couple days in the house alone. You don't think it was set up that way?

And actually, it would've been more "fair" to give the date to Jillian. Wasn't much to her 1on1. It was more of a "half-date". Compared to the other 1on1s that lasted all day, theirs couldn't have been much more than a couple hours long. And they didn't get the chance to talk like the others did on their 1on1s. I was actually surprised she didn't get it for that reason.
    KY-LA why do you think that date was only a couple of hours?!? Limo ride both ways - tour of the place - roof-top/dinner/talking - concert - more talking - I have no doubt that that date was several hours long.
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

FORT Fogey

And I think her getting this date clicks with the way the crew saw it becoming clear whom he was going to choose. It was surely a sign.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3292995;
    But a couple of hours on a houseboat in the company of more than a dozen producers, directors, unit managers, sound, lighting, camera people would tip it for him??? There are limits to my ability to suspend disbelief.
    Well, that's true in general on this show, isn't it? Some time is better than none.

I don't know, maybe you have a point. Was there no crew around during Molly's tent one-on-one? Or was there a crew but nothing to report....only things to insinuate?

Not all scenes filmed require dozens of folks to film/produce/direct/blah blah - some can be done with a very small crew of 1 to 3 folks at most
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by ZulaMay;3292999;
    And I think her getting this date clicks with the way the crew saw it becoming clear whom he was going to choose. It was surely a sign.
    I was devoted to the "crew saw it first" theory during Andy and Tessa season, which was advanced by Chris Harrison and others. Of course, it was a load of crap. Andy gave a Bravo TV video blog interview last summer bragging that the crew had never seen hotter make-out sessions than his with Bevin (yes, what a jerk). The crew mostly laugh AT these people. That and a lot of liquor is how they live with themselves at the end of a long day of filming this show.