Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Megan **Spoilers**

Re: Megan **Spoilers**

Thanks for posting this and I feel intuitively that this is a sincere post from Megan. I like her even more (and I have been a big fan of hers) after reading this and am happy to know that the producers decided to show some compassion and stretch the rules a little (by allowing kids to be close by). This is a broad step, in a hopefully new direction for Fleiss.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Like Ellen said of Jason (not verbatim here)...if he doesn't chose Megan, she should be the next Bachelorette!!

FORT Fogey

Just out of curiosity, why are so many people already saying she's perfect for Jason or ready to crown her the next Bachelorette? She very well could be perfect for Jason or be the next Bachelorette but it doesn't seem like we really have anything to go on at this point. We know that she's a 25 year old single mom who coaches lacrosse and works for Nordstrom. That her players love her and everyone agrees she's beautiful. But we don't really know her personality or how she'll be shown on the show. We haven't really gotten any hint of her personality like we have some of the other girls.

From someone who saw the premiere, it doesn't look like she'll get the best edit...

Some of the women do a better job of communicating their readiness for motherhood than others, and an immediate divide forms between the single moms and the childless love seekers. The leader of the single mothers, Megan, a 25 year old single mom from Pennsylvania, even lectures a group of the women about how clueless they are about the responsibilities of parenting. That doesn't go over too well...
    Just based on that, she reminds me of Deanna. Or at least the edit Deanna got during Brad's season. She was seen as confrontational and disliked by a lot of the girls in the house. I'm reserving my personal opinion until I see the show myself. And what exactly she says that upsets the other girls so much.
    Last edited by ky-la; 12-22-2008 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ky-la;3256519;
    Just out of curiosity, why are so many people already saying she's perfect for Jason or ready to crown her the next Bachelorette? She very well could be perfect for Jason or be the next Bachelorette but it doesn't seem like we really have anything to go on at this point. We know that she's a 25 year old single mom who coaches lacrosse and works for Nordstrom. That her players love her and everyone agrees she's beautiful. But we don't really know her personality or how she'll be shown on the show. We haven't really gotten any hint of her personality like we have some of the other girls.

From someone who saw the premiere, it doesn't look like she'll get the best edit...

Just based on that, she reminds me of Deanna. Or at least the edit Deanna got during Brad's season. She was seen as confrontational and disliked by a lot of the girls in the house.
    I have never had a problem with someone voicing their opinion. If they were discussing something that made her think they were romantizing having children, maybe she felt the need to speak up.

As for being crowned, I don't get where you see that when I even believe that Melissa will be F1 and F2 won't be a single mom.

I do believe that her being a single mom does give her some insight that some of the other ladies don't. Not all, but some.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3256521;
    I have never had a problem with someone voicing their opinion. If they were discussing something that made her think they were romantizing having children, maybe she felt the need to speak up.

As for being crowned, I don't get where you see that when I even believe that Melissa will be F1 and F2 won't be a single mom.

I do believe that her being a single mom does give her some insight that some of the other ladies don't. Not all, but some.
    There are posts in this thread already saying they hope she'll be the next Bachelorette if Jason doesn't pick her.

Like I said, I'll wait until I see the show before I judge. It could be nothing but it could be something mean and unnecessary. Just something about reading that reminded me of Deanna during Brad's season.
    Last edited by ky-la; 12-22-2008 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ky-la;3256529;
    There are posts in this thread already saying they hope she'll be the next Bachelorette if Jason doesn't pick her.

Like I said, I'll wait until I see the show before I judge. It could be nothing but it could be something mean and unnecessary. Just something about reading that reminded me of Deanna during Brad's season.
    I think for me, I am more protective of the single moms, because they are going to be major targets. They have never been openly let on the show, and when they have, you knew it was the kiss of death and was used as some terrible secret.

I do believe a person's opinion of Megan is coloring their view of what she said. I loved it. However, I'm a fan of hers and will cheer her on, even though she won't be picked. I'd rather get to see her journey, than Shannon's (for me anyway).

Some of the women do a better job of communicating their readiness for motherhood than others, and an immediate divide forms between the single moms and the childless love seekers. The leader of the single mothers, Megan, a 25 year old single mom from Pennsylvania, even lectures a group of the women about how clueless they are about the responsibilities of parenting. That doesn't go over too well
    This comment could be taken several ways - I think it depends on the context in which it was said - but that said - if the other gals reacted negatively to her 'lecture' - then she may be getting set up as the 'wao is me' type of edit - you haven't had my life - you haven't had a child - o dear - how could you ever understand what it is like if you haven't had a child of your own - blah blah - So now it makes me wonder if she is the one that gets the most votes.

I hate to say it - but there are other things in life that can be just as difficult as having a child - and just maybe some of these gals have lived thru those types of things - but lecturing them about this - in a a somewhat snotty manner - may not put her in a very good light at all.
    Last edited by Capegal; 12-23-2008 at 12:41 AM.
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Well, if all of the above is true, then Megan needs to sign up for English lessons. And more.

JMHO. But yes, she is beautiful, on the outside.

FORT Regular

In some ways, she has a very valid point. As a woman who does not have a child, I can honestly say that I don't know what it's like to have to live my life so selflessly for another person. On the other hand, depending on how it was said, it may have rubbed a lot of people the wrong way if they felt like they were being attacked by her. I'm anxious to see how it actually comes across on the first episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny1229;3256651;
    In some ways, she has a very valid point. As a woman who does not have a child, I can honestly say that I don't know what it's like to have to live my life so selflessly for another person. On the other hand, depending on how it was said, it may have rubbed a lot of people the wrong way if they felt like they were being attacked by her. I'm anxious to see how it actually comes across on the first episode.
    Great post. I personally think a person who is not a parent will have no idea (they can't--it's not their fault though) what it means to be a parent and all that it encompasses. It is one of lifes blessings that you have to experience to fully appreciate. That doesn't mean a person can't try to be prepared for the experience and can't try to appreciate what it means. Depending on how Megan makes her "lecture" it can all be hyped drama or a sincere effort to warn some gals that they may truely not be ready for what Jason has to offer.