Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Megan **Spoilers**

Re: Megan **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by stilettos;3270888;
    Why would someone watch a show with Mothers and Fathers with young children where the premise is a "POSSIBLE" marriage with a move involved if it offends so. To date the ONLY thing that Megan has done is appear tipsy and appear to say a curse word and appear (I say again appear) to give some advice in a fashion that was not well received. You do not have any idea if this woman is still lactating. Unless you were there at her last feeding of the baby before the show. If she was, who's to say she did not pump her milk and freeze it and ship it home. Not sure where the bimbo came in. She talked to him...that's all. She didn't expose herself. Didn't pproposition him...huh.

As far as the move....people move for marriage after knowing their spouse for less than 8 weeks. Sometimes these marriages outlast those who knew each other longer. I ought to know. Been there, done that still happy 25 years later. No judge will remove a child from her because she took a chance on love on a show ehere they flew the child to see her after one week.
    Great post! First, as an attorney, I agree that there is no evidence that Megan is an unfit parent. She probably went on this show to find love and/or help kickstart a career in the industry which is not shocking or improper. It was stated that the show agreed to fly out her mother and son if she ended up being there longer than a week. No unfitness shown there either. She is a gorgeous woman who looked great on the first show, and assuming that she continues on, Jason will likely kiss her; no shock or parental unfitness shown there.

Regarding the breastfeeding issue, first, Megan is to be commended, in my opinion, for breastfeeding for any length of time. Breastfeeding is a wonderful thing that a mother can give her child,but there are sacrifices made. It can be extremely painful in the beginning, causing many to give up. Also, some mothers are afraid that their breasts will sag afterwards. Sorry to be so graphic. Lastly, as breastfeeding moms know, you typically have to feed the child more often than a bottle fed child, causing more interruptions during the night, etc.

On a last note on this issue, it has been stated that Megan had already weaned her son from breastfeeding before she went on the show.

Finally, with the way her ex and his family are carrying on, I think they should remember that the Courts do not look kindly upon a parent who attacks the other parent, espcially in public internet forums.

As far as the move....people move for marriage after knowing their spouse for less than 8 weeks. Sometimes these marriages outlast those who knew each other longer. I ought to know. Been there, done that still happy 25 years later.
    Im probably way much younger than you are but I have observed that most people who have kids are careful with their life choices because it will affect their children forever. My bestfriend who was 15 at that time decided to live with her dad when her mom wanted to join her new boyfriend who lives in Paris France. Is that a wise move? If these single moms are chosen as the Bachelor's fiancee, they are deciding that their kids move away from their fathers, grandparents, aunts etc. Its different when you are childless of course. You can meet and elope with anyone you meet in the streets after knowing him for 2 seconds. People will not care too much.

I watch this show for entertainment and also sometimes for cringe value. Im sure that if this process will not be shown on tv, Megan and the rest of the single moms will never ever think of joining this mess. It just added a new level of "cheap" and "easy" when you think these people have children. Hot tubs, fantasy suites, getting drunk on national tv, begging for a rose, catfights and still have the gall to say, yes Im doing all these for my child. Times have changed I guess since 25 years ago when you got married stilleto.

Quote Originally Posted by Cailg;3271383;

Finally, with the way her ex and his family are carrying on, I think they should remember that the Courts do not look kindly upon a parent who attacks the other parent, espcially in public internet forums.
    I have read all of those nasty posts as well - and find there is absolutely NO proof that they are from ex/family members - just from some poster who doesn't like Megan for some reason - but I agree - won't bode well if needed to prove anything at all.
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by snarkattack222;3271396;
    Im probably way much younger than you are but I have observed that most people who have kids are careful with their life choices because it will affect their children forever. My bestfriend who was 15 at that time decided to live with her dad when her mom wanted to join her new boyfriend who lives in Paris France. Is that a wise move? If these single moms are chosen as the Bachelor's fiancee, they are deciding that their kids move away from their fathers, grandparents, aunts etc. Its different when you are childless of course. You can meet and elope with anyone you meet in the streets after knowing him for 2 seconds. People will not care too much.

I watch this show for entertainment and also sometimes for cringe value. Im sure that if this process will not be shown on tv, Megan and the rest of the single moms will never ever think of joining this mess. It just added a new level of "cheap" and "easy" when you think these people have children. Hot tubs, fantasy suites, getting drunk on national tv, begging for a rose, catfights and still have the gall to say, yes Im doing all these for my child. Times have changed I guess since 25 years ago when you got married stilleto.
    I never heard Maegan say she was on the show for he child. I think she has a right to be a woman and have a relationship in addition to being a Mother. As far as moving the child from family members, that's up to a Judge and the bests interests of the child. My point is that NONE of us is qualified to make the determination of best interests of this child, as we are not the child's #1) Court appointed representative #2) Case worker #3) counselor, Psychiatrist or Psychologist #4) The Judge with the case before him. Those are the people legally tasked with finding the best interest of the child. NOT US.

I WAS the Mother of a one year old daughter when I met my husband. The move and relationship was in her best interests as, in spite of what the bio DAD and family said: My husband is the only Father and mentor she had.

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3271417;
    I have read all of those nasty posts as well - and find there is absolutely NO proof that they are from ex/family members - just from some poster who doesn't like Megan for some reason - but I agree - won't bode well if needed to prove anything at all.
    My statement regarding her ex and his family is based upon direct information from a source that is pretty direct. Sorry, I can't be more specific.

Quote Originally Posted by Cailg;3271670;
    My statement regarding her ex and his family is based upon direct information from a source that is pretty direct. Sorry, I can't be more specific.
    I understand - but....... it is also my ''distinct'' understanding that it is still a ''thought'' situation - thought to be............. - and not engraved in granite that it IS them...............
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3271673;
    I understand - but....... it is also my ''distinct'' understanding that it is still a ''thought'' situation - thought to be............. - and not engraved in granite that it IS them...............
    You are right, but based upon what a person writes, the words used. and how it is written, a person can have very strong thoughts in one direction, especially if they have repeated this verbally to others.
    Last edited by Cailg; 01-09-2009 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cailg;3271675;
    You are right, but based upon what a person writes, the words used. and how it is written, a person can have very strong thoughts in one direction, especially if they have repeated this verbally to others.
    Not what I meant by ''distinct''
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by stilettos;3271561;
    I never heard Maegan say she was on the show for he child. I think she has a right to be a woman and have a relationship in addition to being a Mother. As far as moving the child from family members, that's up to a Judge and the bests interests of the child. My point is that NONE of us is qualified to make the determination of best interests of this child, as we are not the child's #1) Court appointed representative #2) Case worker #3) counselor, Psychiatrist or Psychologist #4) The Judge with the case before him. Those are the people legally tasked with finding the best interest of the child. NOT US.

I WAS the Mother of a one year old daughter when I met my husband. The move and relationship was in her best interests as, in spite of what the bio DAD and family said: My husband is the only Father and mentor she had.

Please refer on the earlier posts on this thread about Megan's quote (She did this for her son) Of course, none of us can determine the best interest of Megan's child or any other child for that matter. This is a public forum where opinions are tossed around. Incidentally, my friend's boyfriend who just re acquainted with his bio dad, is asking the same questions that I posted upthread. He respects his stepdad but resents his mother's decision to keep him away from his bio dad when he was still a baby. I do not think any mother has that right to move his child away from his bio father, unless he is murderous/violent . A child will always look for their bio parents no matter what. My friend's boyfriend adores his bio father now that he is getting to know him. Purely my opinion but I think that was a lousy move of the mother to prioritize her lovelife over giving his son a complete picture of who he is -- by allowing a relationship with his bio dad. The same opinion applies if there is a father who keeps his child away from the mom. If the baby is the priority, logic says a relationship where you need to relocate away from your major support system and the father of the child should be a deal breaker.

Going back to single moms of babies who cannot wait to begin a relationship, I mean can't new mommies who are also single, wait for five minutes to be just a mommy? A major thing just happened in your life. You just had a baby, for goodness sake. And now you are on a reality tv show begging to be a stepmom of a four year old?

Sorry for my passion about this topic. I sometimes volunteer for youth at risks and so much trouble could have been avoided if single parents took their time in choosing their partners well.
    Last edited by snarkattack222; 01-09-2009 at 07:59 PM.

I love the newest pic of Megan and her baby for her user pic on myspace. Too cute!

I think Megan wants a good dad for her baby.