Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2122232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Megan **Spoilers**

Re: Megan **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3269934;
    The worst part of this show, hands down, is the cartoony portrayal of women. Shame on producers for luring these 4 Mom's onto the show for fun and adventure and romance, pumping up the Single Mom angle in pursuit of ratings, then throwing Megan under the proverbial editing bus.

And as for the people who "know" Megan and have some beef with her running to the boards to spread their views, even IF they have basis in fact or are sincerely held? They should resolve their conflicts with her in real life, or leave them be, IMO. The internet is the wrong forum. That's just my opinion.
    We all don't know how they edit their shows.....unless you are actually a part of the editing/producing process. So IMO blaming the producers is ridiculous. They might actually be using everything that is said in some segments. I know they edit to keep you glued to the TV but for those who know Megan, we know her true colors came out on the premier episode and I'm sure it will be more clear in the upcoming episodes of how mentally unstable she really is. Resolving conflicts may have already happened, so IMO people shouldn't judge the ones who know her, in REAL LIFE, as a person. Anyone can go on their facebook and put status's saying how the show is making them look bad. Well maybe they (Megan) need to see that looking at themselves from other people's eyes is a rude awakening. I don't think she realizes how much she has changed...and for the worse.

The worst part of this show, hands down, is the cartoony portrayal of women. Shame on producers for luring these 4 Mom's onto the show for fun and adventure and romance, pumping up the Single Mom angle in pursuit of ratings, then throwing Megan under the proverbial editing bus.

And as for the people who "know" Megan and have some beef with her running to the boards to spread their views, even IF they have basis in fact or are sincerely held? They should resolve their conflicts with her in real life, or leave them be, IMO. The internet is the wrong forum. That's just my opinion.
    ....and in reference to "luring" the single moms on the show. That is a crock. Anyone can sign up to be on the show. If you go to The Bachelor's website all you pretty much need is your age, height, weight and a picture of yourself. And you don't see the other single moms making complete fools of themselves and acting so immature. She is great to her son, but she is way too immature and unfit to be a mom in this point in her life.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by OneDerFull2009;3269979;
    ....and in reference to "luring" the single moms on the show. That is a crock. Anyone can sign up to be on the show. If you go to The Bachelor's website all you pretty much need is your age, height, weight and a picture of yourself. And you don't see the other single moms making complete fools of themselves and acting so immature. She is great to her son, but she is way too immature and unfit to be a mom in this point in her life.
    Not sure how she can be "great to her son" and still be "unfit to be a mom"?

If you and the other person have a bone to pick with Megan for something in real life, we will probably never understand here on the board; however, if she shows a character flaw on the show, you can bet that they are going to find it, pick it up, and run with it. Perhaps, you will be and feel vindicated in your assessment as the show progresses.
    Last edited by fluff; 01-08-2009 at 02:46 PM. Reason: fixing quotes
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Quote Originally Posted by OneDerFull2009;3269979;
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers
    Not sure how she can be "great to her son" and still be "unfit to be a mom"?

If you and the other person have a bone to pick with Megan for something in real life, we will probably never understand here on the board; however, if she shows a character flaw on the show, you can bet that they are going to find it, pick it up, and run with it. Perhaps, you will be and feel vindicated in your assessment as the show progresses.
    You can be good to your child and still be an unfit mother. She loves Deacon to death but the girl has issues with alcohol and using profanities. Leaving your 14 month old at home to go on a tv show isn't very responsible either. The other moms on the show had kids that were at least 3 yrs old.
    Last edited by fluff; 01-08-2009 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityTV Fan;3268879;
    I agree! There are many people who have said that Megan is a genuine, sweet and caring person that loves her son more than anything. Great post, Cail!

Yes...thanks Calig.......never put it past what an ex or his court will say.
    Still hopeless to see a GREAT romance!! <3

FORT Regular

Onederfull,

I'm not sure if you've read the FORT a lot, but many people are aware of how TPTB edit the show. We'll never know the EXACT conversation, but it is very safe to assume that a lot of it is not actually how it went down.

As an additional note to people talking trash about any of the women, I'm not going to pretend to know a darn thing about Megan and her ex. However, how many of you can say that you're not slightly ashamed about something you did in a past relationship? I doubt very many. And I also think that many people (myself included) would not want people exploiting those things over and over again. That being said, even if Megan did something terrible to her ex, isn't it time to let it go???

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3269608;
    I do wonder why so many new posters are posting about Megan, especially on the spoiler subforum.

But I can see the different possiblities, hmmm.
    Me too!

FORT Fanatic

Most of us do NOT actually know Megan. We have no business speculating on what type of parent she is or is not. I would venture to guess that none of us have any real concept of what actually happened at the M&G since it is choreographed and reshot to the nth degree. The people posting nasty info on Megan are probably not in her life with good reason. She said a cussword and APPEARED on a reality (scripted/ediited/reshot over and over) tv show to be a little tipsy. Most judges and child protective agencies do a thorough investigation of parenting that covers more than one days parenting. Unless there is drug involvement or traumatic physical or sexual abuse. Coming from one that was abused as a child, I think we are over charging the woman.

I couldn't agree more! As I have stated before, it is believed that Megan's ex and his family are posting on the boards. It is my understanding that there is an open legal proceeding regarding the custody of her adorable child. I too wish they would settle their issues privately.

The show does lure in applicants and mislead those who also apply outright. We have heard this from prior participants time and again. The bottom line for the show is always going to be how to get the most ratings. For those of us who have watched the show for several seasons, we are too familiar with Fleiss' antics.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Cailg;3270163;
    I couldn't agree more! As I have stated before, it is believed that Megan's ex and his family are posting on the boards. It is my understanding that there is an open legal proceeding regarding the custody of her adorable child. I too wish they would settle their issues privately.

The show does lure in applicants and mislead those who also apply outright. We have heard this from prior participants time and again. The bottom line for the show is always going to be how to get the most ratings. For those of us who have watched the show for several seasons, we are too familiar with Fleiss' antics.
    If there is an open legal proceeding regarding custody...I pray that there is an attorney with an excellent PI who can track posters to their IP address and slap that info on the judge during proceedings.