Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Megan **Spoilers**

Re: Megan **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax;3268140;
    That's the thing I had a problem with, what she said to the other ladies. She didn't know anything until she had one, so whenever they become a parent, they will learn just like she did. She shouldn't have put them down. She may not be a bad person...but that goes for the other ladies too.
    I have to go back and watch the show, but I doubt we saw the entire exchange just like we did not see the entire exchanges involving Graham and de during her season. I am going to give her the benefit of the doubt. I know that if someone taped my conversations with my friends and didn't include the entire conversation, they might think I was being condescending and judgmental. So, I'm going to wait and see what happens next.

However, the bottom line for me at least, is that I am viewing this season for entertainment/sleuthing purposes. I have no expectation that Jason and his F1 are going to get married. I have been there on prior seasons and learned my lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by newbiekanobi;3267997;
    Im sure you are not comparing normal weekend vacations with trying to shop for your child's potential step parent among a bevy of famewh0res. False analogy.
    So now we've moved beyond never knowing anyone that has taken a vacation without their child to believing that weekend vacations away from their child are normal? Vacations are vacations. And I'm not talking about just one or two days... I'm talking about a week at a time. My parents did it often, and I don't know others around me that haven't gone on a week's vacation while leaving their child with family.

If it's the topic of the show that you have a problem with, that's fine. But that doesn't make any of these parents bad people simply because they left their children with a parent.

Quote Originally Posted by newbiekanobi
    Besides, for someone who is auditioning to become someone else's step parent, she is just not presenting herself as a dignified person with class and poise. I mean you are lecturing everyone in the group how being a parent instantly makes you special and better than others. I certainly do not see how her being a parent makes her a better choice for Jason or more mature than other childless women. Maturity is not something I thought about when she cussed a bunch of women on national tv. I thought if you are a single parent you compensate for your broken marriage by making your child your priority for a while rather than playing russian roulette with your fate and with your child's in a reality tv show where parenting is the last thing on anybody's mind. It just doesn't make sense to me.
    It's already been said that she didn't cuss out the other women. But what she did say is that being a parent isn't the easy and "fun" thing that a lot of the other women were making it out to be. She's living the reality and she just might be coming from having been in their shoes. She might have gotten pregnant with her boyfriend thinking the same thing.. that it would be fun and exciting and cute.. and she has apparently found out that it isn't.. that is hard work! I don't blame her at all for being a bit world-weary and telling these girls that they had no clue if they had voiced comments indicating they thought it would be easy. Voice of experience.. more power to her.

Now if she was overly repetitive with it... yes, I can see the other girls thinking she was a downer. No one wants to be lectured, especially competitive girls in that environment. But, like Cailg, I have no idea how the conversation actually went down, and how often, and I refuse to sit here and judge her for a conversation that I don't know how much was edited, how often it occurred, and whether it was prompted by a completely asinine comment by an immature contestant.

Ofcourse its good tv but its very difficult to justify in the real world.
    I disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3268603;
    So now we've moved beyond never knowing anyone that has taken a vacation without their child to believing that weekend vacations away from their child are normal? Vacations are vacations. And I'm not talking about just one or two days... I'm talking about a week at a time. My parents did it often, and I don't know others around me that haven't gone on a week's vacation while leaving their child with family.

If it's the topic of the show that you have a problem with, that's fine. But that doesn't make any of these parents bad people simply because they left their children with a parent.

It's already been said that she didn't cuss out the other women. But what she did say is that being a parent isn't the easy and "fun" thing that a lot of the other women were making it out to be. She's living the reality and she just might be coming from having been in their shoes. She might have gotten pregnant with her boyfriend thinking the same thing.. that it would be fun and exciting and cute.. and she has apparently found out that it isn't.. that is hard work! I don't blame her at all for being a bit world-weary and telling these girls that they had no clue if they had voiced comments indicating they thought it would be easy. Voice of experience.. more power to her.

Now if she was overly repetitive with it... yes, I can see the other girls thinking she was a downer. No one wants to be lectured, especially competitive girls in that environment. But, like Cailg, I have no idea how the conversation actually went down, and how often, and I refuse to sit here and judge her for a conversation that I don't know how much was edited, how often it occurred, and whether it was prompted by a completely asinine comment by an immature contestant.

I disagree.
    I don't get why people are getting on her about being away for the show when Jason did the same thing.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3268700;
    I don't get why people are getting on her about being away for the show when Jason did the same thing.
    Plus, Megan said in her ABC board post that like Jason, none of the moms went more than a week without seeing their kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3268603;

I disagree.
    Excellent post as well as those by atem and ky-la!! I think I feel a group hug coming on!

FORT Newbie

Hey guys,
    Just thought I would put in my two cents as somebody who knows her well. She is indeed a liar, potty mouthed, troubled individual. If you remember her convo with Jason, she said she "lives on 22 acres and takes her son to the petting zoo everyday." Well, she actually lives at home with her parents who live on 1/2 acre in a neighboorhood. And she went to college in virgina beach, where she definitely didnt live on 22 acres. She doesnt go to petting zoos. She has a long history of alcohol abuse which she revealed. I will say that she is great to her child, which shows that even if she has issues, underneath she is a kind hearted, good person.

My advice to everyone is not get too excited about her, because Jason will realize relatively quickly that she is not for him.

Like somebody said earlier, I hope this show will reveal to her that she needs to change her life around. In high school, she was an amazing person. She lost her way in college, and I am sad to see that even on the first episode in front of millions of people she could not hide her true colors. If she does make it far in this "competition," it will be because she stands in the background keeping quiet and allowing for her looks to carry her. I wouldn't be surprised if we do not see much of her in the next few episodes, and she keeps to herself. Just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by EntertainMeBaby;3268829;
    Hey guys,
    Just thought I would put in my two cents as somebody who knows her well. She is indeed a liar, potty mouthed, troubled individual. If you remember her convo with Jason, she said she "lives on 22 acres and takes her son to the petting zoo everyday." Well, she actually lives at home with her parents who live on 1/2 acre in a neighboorhood. And she went to college in virgina beach, where she definitely didnt live on 22 acres. She doesnt go to petting zoos. She has a long history of alcohol abuse which she revealed. I will say that she is great to her child, which shows that even if she has issues, underneath she is a kind hearted, good person.

My advice to everyone is not get too excited about her, because Jason will realize relatively quickly that she is not for him.

Like somebody said earlier, I hope this show will reveal to her that she needs to change her life around. In high school, she was an amazing person. She lost her way in college, and I am sad to see that even on the first episode in front of millions of people she could not hide her true colors. If she does make it far in this "competition," it will be because she stands in the background keeping quiet and allowing for her looks to carry her. I wouldn't be surprised if we do not see much of her in the next few episodes, and she keeps to herself. Just my two cents.
    I know there has been some speculation that the family of Megan's ex have made an effort to post negative stuff about her.

From what I hear from several sources, she is a great mother who genuinely loves her child and sacrifices for him.

Putting that aside, if I were in that situation, not being fed and the liquor pushed all around, I might slip and say a few comments to the other women that might not seem so polite.

Prior contestants on the show have stated publically how difficult this show can be, how the edit does not put conversations in context, and that we should not judge a person by the Fleiss master edit.

Can the petting zoo she refers to be Soergel's on Brandt School Road? Fresh produce, petting animals, and an ice cream at Brewster's. Can't beat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cailg;3268842;
    I know there has been some speculation that the family of Megan's ex have made an effort to post negative stuff about her.

From what I hear from several sources, she is a great mother who genuinely loves her child and sacrifices for him.

Putting that aside, if I were in that situation, not being fed and the liquor pushed all around, I might slip and say a few comments to the other women that might not seem so polite.

Prior contestants on the show have stated publically how difficult this show can be, how the edit does not put conversations in context, and that we should not judge a person by the Fleiss master edit.
    I agree.

Many seem to think that Lauren was nice, but she seemed stuck up and snide to me. I can certainly see her goading Megan (who has a shorter temper than others).

Quote Originally Posted by Cailg;3268842;

I agree! There are many people who have said that Megan is a genuine, sweet and caring person that loves her son more than anything. Great post, Cail!