Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Megan **Spoilers**

Re: Megan **Spoilers**

Sad this is that 99% of people watching don't realize about all this crazy editing.
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3267728;
    That can happen to any parent at any time, whether they are at work, out for dinner, etc. It's every parent's fear.

Do you think that parents should never go on vacation and leave their child with a grandparent?
    Don't know of any parents (specially single parents) who would think of vacation without their kids. If my mom or dad left me for eight weeks to be on a reality tv show to find a stepparent for me, I would probably ask to be independent at age ten or arrange adoption papers so I can have better parenting.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityTV Fan;3267691;
    Megan's comment on Facebook.

It's really frustrating, I'm bleeped when I didn't even curse and they made it look like I was the only one who swore. I had wayyyy too much to drink, NOTHING to eat, No sleep, combine that with nerves and it was a recipe for disaster. I wasn't myself at all : (
    Jimmy Kimmel has a segment titled (something like) "Moments in Unneccessary Censorship" where they bleep normal interviews/speeches, but it sounds like the person is cursing like a sailor. But, on Kimmel, you know it's done for humor (vs. drama).

Besides, who doesn't know someone who doesn't curse at all? (I'm including the words "friggin", "freakin", "effen", "crap", etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by newbiekanobi;3267752;
    Don't know of any parents (specially single parents) who would think of vacation without their kids.
    You don't know any parent that has taken a vacation without their kids? I don't know any parent that HASN'T. How odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3267969;
    You don't know any parent that has taken a vacation without their kids? I don't know any parent that HASN'T. How odd.
    I was a single parent for about 10 years, and I went on vacation twice without my child. (She was with my parents both times, whom I lived with at the time) The first time my daughter was six and I was so raked with guilt, and the first time I called her when I was away, she didn't want to talk to me, she wanted to talk to my girl friend from work who I was traveling with. And I consider myself a good parent and I still do. Plus Megan said her son was with her parents (whom I'm sure she is raising her son with their help) and that the producers had her child brought to her once a week. SO I don't think Megan is some horribile Mother cause she went on the show. As was Jason wasn't a horrible Dad when he was on Deanna's show.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3267969;
    Im sure you are not comparing normal weekend vacations with trying to shop for your child's potential step parent among a bevy of famewh0res. False analogy.

Besides, for someone who is auditioning to become someone else's step parent, she is just not presenting herself as a dignified person with class and poise. I mean you are lecturing everyone in the group how being a parent instantly makes you special and better than others. I certainly do not see how her being a parent makes her a better choice for Jason or more mature than other childless women. Maturity is not something I thought about when she cussed a bunch of women on national tv. I thought if you are a single parent you compensate for your broken marriage by making your child your priority for a while rather than playing russian roulette with your fate and with your child's in a reality tv show where parenting is the last thing on anybody's mind. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Ofcourse its good tv but its very difficult to justify in the real world.
    Last edited by newbiekanobi; 01-06-2009 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by newbiekanobi;3267997;
    Im sure you are not comparing normal weekend vacations with trying to shop for your child's potential step parent among a bevy of famewh0res. False analogy.
    To me calling all of these people famewhores is a very harsh analogy. I would say that 99% of these people never see the spotlight after they do this show. What these people do with their time and with their children is their business and if we don't like it we don't have to watch. I would never begrudge anyone the opportunity to find love as everyone is entitled to it. Many a parent goes on extended stay vacations and do not take their kids...not a problem as long as they are taken care of.

Quote Originally Posted by nennie;3268034;
    To me calling all of these people famewhores is a very harsh analogy. I would say that 99% of these people never see the spotlight after they do this show. What these people do with their time and with their children is their business and if we don't like it we don't have to watch. I would never begrudge anyone the opportunity to find love as everyone is entitled to it. Many a parent goes on extended stay vacations and do not take their kids...not a problem as long as they are taken care of.
    I was just watching one of Jason's media interviews on youtube, and in one of them he says he made sure to look for someone that wasn't seeking fame, or into partying (at this phase in their life) etc....I was relieved to finally hear those words from him, himself. So to me, if he did pick Melissa, he did ask her the hard questions, meaning, are you ready to settle down, do you want a career in entertainment? It was important to me at least to hear, he was looking for that settled quality in his decision making and also was aware some people might be seeking fame by being on the show. (He probably learned that first hand from Jesse and Deanna)

Doesn't Lauren have a career in singing as well as being a teacher? I haven't seen much mention of this, on this board. Isn't on her myspace page?

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;3267735;
    That happened to Hillary in Bachelor 10 too. They bleeped her words when she was not even saying anything bad.

:nono to the producers.

No she was just saying nasty things.

Quote Originally Posted by newbiekanobi;3267997;

Besides, for someone who is auditioning to become someone else's step parent, she is just not presenting herself as a dignified person with class and poise.
    I mean you are lecturing everyone in the group how being a parent instantly makes you special and better than others. I certainly do not see how her being a parent makes her a better choice for Jason or more mature than other childless women
    . Maturity is not something I thought about when she cussed a bunch of women on national tv. I thought if you are a single parent you compensate for your broken marriage by making your child your priority for a while rather than playing russian roulette with your fate and with your child's in a reality tv show where parenting is the last thing on anybody's mind. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Ofcourse its good tv but its very difficult to justify in the real world.
    That's the thing I had a problem with, what she said to the other ladies. She didn't know anything until she had one, so whenever they become a parent, they will learn just like she did. She shouldn't have put them down. She may not be a bad person...but that goes for the other ladies too.