Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Megan **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie

Re: Megan **Spoilers**

I wanted to like her, but I have to admit I don't at all. She seems brash, but I will keep an open mind, maybe she'll be nicer as the show goes on.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3267360;
    I like Megan. Just do. Potty mouth and all.
    I do too. She is genuine. No perk, no gimmicks, no look at me. I like her. And what she said is correct. These single women have no clue what it is like to raise a kid. None of us did until we had one. She is beautiful but last night her dress and hair obscured that. Not a good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3267408;
    I do too. She is genuine. No perk, no gimmicks, no look at me. I like her. And what she said is correct. These single women have no clue what it is like to raise a kid. None of us did until we had one. She is beautiful but last night her dress and hair obscured that. Not a good choice.
    I do too. I think she is the real deal, and I'm glad that she stood up for herself.

Sometimes when people see themselves (even if fictionalized by Fleiss) on TV it serves an an impetus to change. I am not judging, but with each of the girls - if they saw something about themselves last night they didn't like (whether we did or not); then I hope they will feel inspired to improve on it.

I hope Megan knows we don't base everything on Fleiss first impressions, Jason must have felt something for her because he kept her around awhile and I consider him to have pretty good judge of character.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

FORT Newbie

I also live in Sewickley, what is her last name?

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Nut;3267466;
    I also live in Sewickley, what is her last name?
    Parris.

FORT Newbie

There is an Al Parris in the Sewickley phone book, just down the street from me. Father maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by casualfan;3267365;
    Me too, atem

I think it takes a lot of guts for anyone to go on these shows, no matter what their reasons are. Every contestant is worried about how they are going to be portrayed and god knows what production does to get some of these "storylines" out there. So for Megan and all of the contestants I can only assume it's really hard to watch knowing that "all is not as it seems".
    I would literally go to great lengths to keep either of my young adult daughters from doing this show! (think handcufffs and being tied to their beds--in a motherly way of course!) The edit can be brutal.
    BUT--no one plants the F bomb in anyone's mouth, but for the person who utters it.
    Cursing doesn't bother me much. I can hold my own, but there is a time and a place(and I am pretty liberal on both counts)--national tv is not one of them.
    Two thoughts come to my mind--the first being, what was she thinking to say this not once, but perhaps more than twice and the second thought being that the production crew ran with Megan's outspokenness/brashness and at that point planned to paint her edit along the lines we will see--maybe perhaps tough and a bit abrasive to the others.
    I have to wonder in her case if she unknowingly opened the door to the edit she's going to receive.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

FORT Newbie

Just got confirmation, that she does live less than 1/2 mile away from me. I don't know when the taping ended, but she was definitely in the neighborhood trick or treating with her son on Halloween.

Anyone who goes on a reality tv show to find "love" is just desperate. You either:

A. are mentally unstable
    or
    B. desperate for attention